hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1291 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 29179111911241128112881289129012911292129312941301 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,820 of 26070

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Can we have Rak back? I prefer him to Smuggo now

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.
    Youth unemployment in the Uk is 11.8%

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.
    Lazy millenials smh

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Lazy millenials smh
    In Spain its 50% so im not sure what you are complaining about?

Schemes to try & entice da youth to try the farmers life might not be such a bad idea. Otherwise you end up like Japan where the average age of farmers is 70. It's 58 in the U.K. Atm, so not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Lazy millenials smh
    In Spain its 50% so im not sure what you are complaining about?
    Says to me Spanish millennials need to stop taking siestas.

Spanish job market is fucked though. I remember speaking to some workers from a Spanish company we subcontracted for some work and they genuinely were just glad to even have a job.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    It doesn't get us any of the way there. As soon as we're out of the EU we're out of the EEA. Simple as that. The only question is whether it has to spend all of ten minutes in front of the ECJ before we're kicked out or whether the government ticks the box and provides a notification. "Joining" the EEA would require a negotiation with not only the r27 of the EU (because that's going so well so far) but three more countries, none of whom are known for their internationalist or egalitarian stances or their love of free trade.

The EEA/EFTA option is a complete political nonstarter. It'd take upwards of a decade to get anywhere near it.
    Yeah, not in a million years the UK will get a special deal on this, it's a political question and Europe mostly is tired of their shit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Harvest issues will be sorted out with the traditional way: herd up a bunch of unemployed Welsh sheep fucker and you are golden.

There was a nice vid in this topic on dairy farm and why the guy voted leave. How the EU subsidies are only to keep the price lower than the production cost.
    <would pay with rep if you could relink the vid>

Now tell me is the new subsidies system up and running?
    Or will you increase the milk price to cover the real production cost?
    Of course, in the new trade agreement diary would flow unlimited from the continent as that's what you wanted, right?

I had a discussion with an old schoolmate, working for one of the biggest pig farms and related meat products company here in Hungary. They are already building up the relationships fo be ready to hit the UK market with the usual cheap products, when the UK meat becomes expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're forgetting that our glorious British farmers will no longer have to adhere to all that unwarranted and stifling Brussels red tape (like for animal welfare) that pushes up costs!
    No but they will have to adhere to WTO trading rules if they want to trade under WTO trading rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Banned
    It doesn't get us any of the way there. As soon as we're out of the EU we're out of the EEA. Simple as that. The only question is whether it has to spend all of ten minutes in front of the ECJ before we're kicked out or whether the government ticks the box and provides a notification. "Joining" the EEA would require a negotiation with not only the r27 of the EU (because that's going so well so far) but three more countries, none of whom are known for their internationalist or egalitarian stances or their love of free trade.

The EEA/EFTA option is a complete political nonstarter. It'd take upwards of a decade to get anywhere near it.
    Except you just pointed out that it's not clear and wasn't designed for withdrawal. Also, politically it would be hard to deny us the EEA option without making it utterly obvious to everyone that Brussels wants to punish us for quitting their superstate club.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Yeah, not in a million years the UK will get a special deal on this, it's a political question and Europe mostly is tired of their shit.

You keep saying versions of this but you don't actually live in the EU so how do you know? Why is moving towards independence "shit" over which the EU can get tired? Surely they should be highly tolerant of any country volunteering to leave the bloc if they are indeed democratic and freedom loving as they say they are?

No alliance in history has ever been cool with members leaving. It's just the first time in history (iirc) that it happens to a not primarily military alliance but a economical-political one.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    No alliance in history has ever been cool with members leaving. It's just the first time in history (iirc) that it happens to a not primarily military alliance but a economical-political one.

Tapapapatalk
    Especially when its a privileged member leaving and bitching because it doesnt have enough privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

You keep saying versions of this but you don't actually live in the EU so how do you know? Why is moving towards independence "shit" over which the EU can get tired? Surely they should be highly tolerant of any country volunteering to leave the bloc if they are indeed democratic and freedom loving as they say they are?
    Yes I totally have no contact with the EU and am totally not a citizen of it.

And as pointed out above, when the shit was am alliance ever happy about someone leaving, especially over a bunch of lies about the rest, and even more so when it's from a country already privileged af wanting more?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Francogermanic would be more precise. Could have been Anglofrancogermanic but your inbred 'elites' decided to have a fit.
    Not really. France's unfortunate history of having such a powerful neigh our that can out produce it in every way and has twice invaded it in the past century means I can understand their position, but remember that when a new French president is elected the first thing they do is fly to Berlin to kiss the Chancellor's hand. France is unfortunately now a vassal of Germany. But I don't want that for us.
    You somehow seem to forget that history does stretch further than just the past century or two.

Also you are wrong on pretty much every little thing except the out-produce bit. But that could also be explained by having 15 million more people than France.
    So you didn't invade them twice? Wow my history teachers got it really wrong...
    Your history teachers apparently forgot to mention the number of times France started shit with Germany.
    I love Malcanis!

Amongst much else.
    I love Malcanis!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Especially when its a privileged member leaving and bitching because it doesnt have enough privilege.
    Nothing about privelege. People weren't voting for more privelege in the EU they were voting to not be in it. Also what's wrong with having secured opt out exactly? Or are you just jealous Slovenia doesn't have any?

Tapapapatalk
    Nothing about privelege. People weren't voting for more privelege in the EU they were voting to not be in it. Also what's wrong with having secured opt out exactly? Or are you just jealous Slovenia doesn't have any?
    Youre becoming as bad as xeno m8.

Banned

Tapapapatalk
    What's your answer? You constantly complain about it but it seems utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand and if you're not happy with Slovenia's lot in the EU then why not complain to change it instead of complaining the UK decided to leave the undemocratic German empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Francogermanic would be more precise. Could have been Anglofrancogermanic but your inbred 'elites' decided to have a fit.
    Not really. France's unfortunate history of having such a powerful neigh our that can out produce it in every way and has twice invaded it in the past century means I can understand their position, but remember that when a new French president is elected the first thing they do is fly to Berlin to kiss the Chancellor's hand. France is unfortunately now a vassal of Germany. But I don't want that for us.
    You somehow seem to forget that history does stretch further than just the past century or two.

Also you are wrong on pretty much every little thing except the out-produce bit. But that could also be explained by having 15 million more people than France.
    So you didn't invade them twice? Wow my history teachers got it really wrong...
    Your history teachers apparently forgot to mention the number of times France started shit with Germany.
    France totally didn't attempt the whole empire thing, ever, nope. :>

Tapapapatalk
    What's your answer? You constantly complain about it but it seems utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand and if you're not happy with Slovenia's lot in the EU then why not complain to change it instead of complaining the UK decided to leave the undemocratic German empire?
    I love how when your arguments make no sense and have no impact you just double down and start changing the language to a derisive "German empire" to make it more emotional.

Have you been on a strict right wing tabloid diet lately? Because your shit is not "rational thinking on your own" but devolved into "I blindly regurgitate everything served to me by the right wing press" by now and it's hilarious.