hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1289 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 28978911891239127912861287128812891290129112921299 ... LastLast
Results 25,761 to 25,780 of 26066

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #25761
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,240
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Well something has to be done to get British people to do these jobs. Higher pay would help but so too would benefit reform to incentive people to do these jobs while punishing those who reject such opportunities. We have 1 million NEETs who could be out in the fields for harvest.
    Seasonal work in isolated parts of the country isn't going to be a magic bullet for youth unemployment. Even just from a logistical point of view it opens a massive can of worms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #25762
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Well something has to be done to get British people to do these jobs. Higher pay would help but so too would benefit reform to incentive people to do these jobs while punishing those who reject such opportunities. We have 1 million NEETs who could be out in the fields for harvest.
    Seasonal work in isolated parts of the country isn't going to be a magic bullet for youth unemployment. Even just from a logistical point of view it opens a massive can of worms.
    No it's not but we could design the benefits system to better account for those coming in and out of seasonal work. That we seem unable to mobilise a mass of young people to harvest crops is a major failure that has to be addressed. We were able to do it in the past so no reason we can't do it today.

  3. #25763
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Well something has to be done to get British people to do these jobs. Higher pay would help but so too would benefit reform to incentive people to do these jobs while punishing those who reject such opportunities. We have 1 million NEETs who could be out in the fields for harvest.
    Seasonal work in isolated parts of the country isn't going to be a magic bullet for youth unemployment. Even just from a logistical point of view it opens a massive can of worms.
    No it's not but we could design the benefits system to better account for those coming in and out of seasonal work. That we seem unable to mobilise a mass of young people to harvest crops is a major failure that has to be addressed. We were able to do it in the past so no reason we can't do it today.
    Oh fuck off you cretinous wanker

  4. #25764

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.

  5. #25765
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.
    We need a Smuggo vs the world and reality thread.

  6. #25766
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.
    We need a Smuggo vs the world and reality thread.
    that's basically every thread xe posts in.

  7. #25767
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    We have record low unemployment and record high employment, which means there must be an army of lazy bums just waiting to be put on crop picking duty. Hilarious.
    Only because the government continually redefines unemployed.

  8. #25768
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    Oh man I nearly have another bingo

    ALTERNATIVE FACTS

  9. #25769
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,939
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Aside from DorfFort which Menaces with spikes of 100% gold
    ftfy

  10. #25770
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Oh man I nearly have another bingo

    ALTERNATIVE FACTS
    Are you suggesting governments never massage figures to suit themselves? Why do you think every week the government rolls out new statistics that tell us how brilliant there are when a cursory look at reality reveals it to be nonsense? Despite the headline figure of 4.5% unemployed (still easily enough people to harvest crops) 14% of households are workless.

  11. #25771

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,523
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Oh man I nearly have another bingo

    ALTERNATIVE FACTS
    Are you suggesting governments never massage figures to suit themselves? Why do you think every week the government rolls out new statistics that tell us how brilliant there are when a cursory look at reality reveals it to be nonsense? Despite the headline figure of 4.5% unemployed (still easily enough people to harvest crops) 14% of households are workless.
    He's probably suggesting governments don't get to define what "employed" and "unemployed" mean

  12. #25772
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Oh man I nearly have another bingo

    ALTERNATIVE FACTS
    Are you suggesting governments never massage figures to suit themselves? Why do you think every week the government rolls out new statistics that tell us how brilliant there are when a cursory look at reality reveals it to be nonsense? Despite the headline figure of 4.5% unemployed (still easily enough people to harvest crops) 14% of households are workless.
    He's probably suggesting governments don't get to define what "employed" and "unemployed" mean
    Why wouldn't they?

  13. #25773

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,523
    Because much like you don't get to declare little boys wearing pink to be the downfall of western civilisation, governments don't get to redefine words.

    Unless you're french.

  14. #25774
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Well something has to be done to get British people to do these jobs. Higher pay would help but so too would benefit reform to incentive people to do these jobs while punishing those who reject such opportunities. We have 1 million NEETs who could be out in the fields for harvest.
    Seasonal work in isolated parts of the country isn't going to be a magic bullet for youth unemployment. Even just from a logistical point of view it opens a massive can of worms.
    No it's not but we could design the benefits system to better account for those coming in and out of seasonal work. That we seem unable to mobilise a mass of young people to harvest crops is a major failure that has to be addressed. We were able to do it in the past so no reason we can't do it today.
    I suggest the good old cat o nine tails.

    Lets bring back strong British traditions...

  15. #25775
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Because much like you don't get to declare little boys wearing pink to be the downfall of western civilisation, governments don't get to redefine words.

    Unless you're french.
    But they absolutely do define unemployment., in particular by defining what they don't consider to be unemployment

  16. #25776
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Because much like you don't get to declare little boys wearing pink to be the downfall of western civilisation, governments don't get to redefine words.

    Unless you're french.
    But they absolutely do define unemployment., in particular by defining what they don't consider to be unemployment

  17. #25777

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,523
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Because much like you don't get to declare little boys wearing pink to be the downfall of western civilisation, governments don't get to redefine words.

    Unless you're french.
    But they absolutely do define unemployment., in particular by defining what they don't consider to be unemployment
    Absolutely right

    Well, if we're redefining "absolutely" to just mean "THE FOLLOWING WORDS ARE ALL WRONG"

  18. #25778

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Here's the definition of workless household:
    Households where no-one aged 16 or over is in employment. These members may be unemployed or economically inactive. Economically inactive members may be unavailable to work because of family commitments, retirement or study, or unable to work through sickness or disability.
    Better get those wheelchair bound grandmas out in the fields! I can't believe such idiocy can work out how to post.

  19. #25779
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 30, 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Here's the definition of workless household:
    Households where no-one aged 16 or over is in employment. These members may be unemployed or economically inactive. Economically inactive members may be unavailable to work because of family commitments, retirement or study, or unable to work through sickness or disability.
    Better get those wheelchair bound grandmas out in the fields! I can't believe such idiocy can work out how to post.
    Your definition excludes those who are working part time but want full time work which is also included in the ONS definition. Also at least some portion of students will actually be merely enrolled and not actually studying.

  20. #25780

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    And you think those underemployed people will want to jack in whatever employment they have to relocate for a few months to pick crops? A job that's likely to pay no better and possibly even worse? Good god man, do you even bother to try and think through what you're posting?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •