hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1268 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 26876811681218125812651266126712681269127012711278 ... LastLast
Results 25,341 to 25,360 of 25990

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Banned
    Ah... the Godwining begins.

Now we just need Smuggo to be pro-UK disarmament and he will have managed to complete an entire row of "Useful Idiot" bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Ah... the Godwining begins.
    Said every nazi ever.

Nice name, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Now we just need Smuggo to be pro-UK disarmament and he will have managed to complete an entire row of "Useful Idiot" bingo.
    Is he really useful though?

the continuing ridiculous idea that Russia is some sort of threat to the world.
    They do seem to enjoy bumping fellows off in old Blighty, in particular.

The idea that it makes the vote illegitimate, and the continuing ridiculous idea that Russia is some sort of threat to the world.
    Dunno mate, biggest nukular arsenal in the world coupled with imperial ambitions is a legitimate threat. Not for (western) europe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The new defence secretary, Gavin Williamson...

"He is known in Westminster for keeping a pet tarantula named Cronus in a glass box on his desk, which is said to have provided added menace when dealing with errant MPs in his role as May’s enforcer. "
    Won't public release the species of the tarantula, standard Tory. Bet it's something lame like a chilean rose hair.
    Does this help?

B. emilia, much better choice, 8/10.

Don't think he could handle a gooty if he is calling a brachy a ruthless killer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So cute. Can you pet it?
    inadvisable, red knees hair is an irritant and they "kick" them if they feel threatened.
    I can't even open the enclosure any more of my spiders without my hands itching for 30 or so minutes. That's even when they haven't monged out and kicked hairs. Still, rather have itching hands than attempt to handle one without hairs as they tend to be a bit mental and actively defensive.

Inherently horrible creatures, what's wrong with you?
    Don't forget, there's a whole thread.

Mosquitos are horrible. Spiders are bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Just another condescending pro-remain article that fails to understand the issues and instead seeks to boil it down to misty eyed nostalgia for the past rather than deep dislike of the present.
    Are you sure you've read it?

That criticism of the article doesn't actually make sense considering the content.
    It's quite obviously trying to make the same old points that people who wanted to leave the EU are terrible racists and that they have some sort of hopelessly optimistic view, while also doing the usual warning about recession while ignoring that, for many people, recession and boom make no real difference to them.

Anyway, Graundiad towers getting a bit desperate today and got some guy who seems to hate Russia to trot out the currently popular "evil Russian puppet master is controlling the world" meme. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-eu-referendum
    Please point out where he's wrong instead of attacking the author, thanks
    The idea that it makes the vote illegitimate, and the continuing ridiculous idea that Russia is some sort of threat to the world.
    Ah, you're still trolling

Carry on
    Have no counter argument or knowledge about anything so engage troll accusations, your standard script.
    Says the guy who hasn't actually provided a solid argument in forever beyond "this is not how I feel so it's not true".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Just another condescending pro-remain article that fails to understand the issues and instead seeks to boil it down to misty eyed nostalgia for the past rather than deep dislike of the present.

That criticism of the article doesn't actually make sense considering the content.
    It's quite obviously trying to make the same old points that people who wanted to leave the EU are terrible racists and that they have some sort of hopelessly optimistic view, while also doing the usual warning about recession while ignoring that, for many people, recession and boom make no real difference to them.

Anyway, Graundiad towers getting a bit desperate today and got some guy who seems to hate Russia to trot out the currently popular "evil Russian puppet master is controlling the world" meme. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-eu-referendum

Carry on
    Have no counter argument or knowledge about anything so engage troll accusations, your standard script.
    Says the guy who hasn't actually provided a solid argument in forever beyond "this is not how I feel so it's not true".

How can a I prove a Conspiracy theory doesn't exist exactly? There's no real evidence Russia is all that interested in countries outside its immediate sphere of influence or those of its close allies. Sure it killed a spy that had defected, but that's not an indication of it plotting world domination. Despite the cold war being over America and the EU have consistently meddled in its affairs ever since so its merely engaging in a rational defense of its interests when it meddles back.

Do you have any proof Russia is trying to conquer the world?

Carry on

How can a I prove a Conspiracy theory doesn't exist exactly? There's no real evidence Russia is all that interested in countries outside its immediate sphere of influence or those of its close allies. Sure it killed a spy that had defected, but that's not an indication of it plotting world domination. Despite the cold war being over America and the EU have consistently meddled in its affairs ever since so its merely engaging in a rational defense of its interests when it meddles back.

You yourself created the "threat to the world" strawman as an attempt to deflect discussion about Russian support of brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Mosquitos are horrible. Spiders are bros.
    Both have come into my bed and bit me when im at my most vulnerable. Fuck spiders

Banned

Carry on

You yourself created the "threat to the world" strawman as an attempt to deflect discussion about Russian support of brexit.
    It's continually being touted by people on this forum and by politicians in the West. It's not something I made up.

Carry on

It's continually being touted by people on this forum and by politicians in the West. It's not something I made up.
    That's nice, but not part of this discussion.

So, about that Russian support of Brexit:

Do any of our (non-smuggo) brexit supporters have any views on that?

Did anyone notice much activity at the time that correlated with the way that paid Russian trolls/Russian supported online adds operate?

I didn't actually notice anything like that myself, but I suspect I wasn't in the target demographic that were vulnerable to the falsehoods more commonly used during that campaign.

It would be interesting to hear from any here who were and are now regretting it.

Carry on

There's even an official investigation into posible shenannigans - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...sists-11448458
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; November 3 2017 at 12:31:05 PM.

Banned

Carry on

There's even an official investigation into posible shenannigans - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...sists-11448458
    Oh well then it must be true. Not like the UK government hasn't been involved in Russian panic pushing itself.

Oh well then it must be true. Not like the UK government hasn't been involved in Russian panic pushing itself.
    A conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. How many layers deep can we go?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Banned
    Having a supposedly threatening external enemy is a useful tool for politicians to clamp down on civil liberty. You know that as well as I do.

Having a supposedly threatening external enemy is a useful tool for politicians to clamp down on civil liberty. You know that as well as I do.
    It's useful for Russia as well.

You need to read up on your dialectics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Dismissing Russian influence outright is just as naive though. Especially since it's straight out of the KGB's play book.

It certainly didn't push public opinion towards Brexit on its own, but it sure as hell happened.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget