hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1405 of 1525 FirstFirst ... 4059051305135513951402140314041405140614071408141514551505 ... LastLast
Results 28,081 to 28,100 of 30493

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    You're welcome to continue jerking each other off with "dae le dirty offshore tax havens haha communism btw" shitposting

Panama papers Q&A: British overseas territories and Crown dependencies
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35969481

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Panama papers Q&A: British overseas territories and Crown dependencies
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35969481
    >39 mentions for jersey compared to hundreds of thousands for BVI

sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    what are the odds Maybot tries to go full Thatcher tomorrow over Russia
    Low. The "correct" response, assuming the evidence is there, is some form of widespread asset seizure and embargo; shittonnes of dodgy russian money still flows through banks and companies under UK jurisdiction. Unfortunately to do that properly would mean imposing a bunch of rules onto the crown dependencies (that's you chaps) and getting european cooperation. Neither of which she's in a particularly good position to do.
    m8, Russian money in the UK has far more to do with the city than the offshore places, we have extremely restrictive compliance laws and the oligarchs don't like that very much.

fyp for over 9000 pixels
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

You're welcome to continue jerking each other off with "dae le dirty offshore tax havens haha communism btw" shitposting
    We're not shitposting. The crown dependencies are a cesspit of paper-thin tickbox AML and are still a global centre for general financial dodginess. That the BOTs make them look positively clean does not give them a free pass. Call me when you've got public registers of beneficial ownership.

The tax havens are just vessels for the real dodgy shit in London though. Without the major financial hubs they wouldn't exist, they're a secondary industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quick ive been shown up to be a no nothing wanker! Accuse others of talking nonsense and refer to something noone has referred to in ages, and never in seriousness as a rebuttal call back to meme posts from 12 months ago like they are still relevant. Most of all, ignore the fact i have no technical expertise in the area of conversation im trying to crash, and am only sticking my disgusting weeb nose in as i feel loyalty to where my parents bought their tax haven home; a shit hole island full of the worst human scum in existence

Anyone else wanting to say kys will also enjoy a timeout.

-Hels
    Last edited by Hels; March 13 2018 at 08:19:32 PM.

Strong truthposting scenes by comrade nonceposterslayer
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quick ive been shown up to be a no nothing wanker! Accuse others of talking nonsense and refer to something noone has referred to in ages, and never in seriousness as a rebuttal call back to meme posts from 12 months ago like they are still relevant. Most of all, ignore the fact i have no technical expertise in the area of conversation im trying to crash, and am only sticking my disgusting weeb nose in as i feel loyalty to where my parents bought their tax haven home; a shit hole island full of the worst human scum in existence
    i'm not the one who brought up crown dependencies.
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; March 13 2018 at 01:49:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The tax havens are just vessels for the real dodgy shit in London though. Without the major financial hubs they wouldn't exist, they're a secondary industry.
    Right, but that's mostly because the London government refuses to do anything about CDOT corruption.

Also there are a multitude of Lords sitting as NEDs and Chairs of niche financial firms whose sole political activity is to block any forced CDOT reform (e.g. registers of ownership). This is an unrelated fact that I am presenting without comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Right, but that's mostly because the London government refuses to do anything about CDOT corruption.

Also there are a multitude of Lords sitting as NEDs and Chairs of niche financial firms whose sole political activity is to block any forced CDOT reform (e.g. registers of ownership). This is an unrelated fact that I am presenting without comment.
    I don't think CDOT are going to be the stumbling block in asset forfeiture if that ends up being the Government's response. Mainly because they'll be gunning for easy targets like big houses to parade in front of the media. You don't get much of a PR win when you seize a diversified private equity portfolio and repatriate R&D offset cash or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Are you ok honey?

Oh man I bet Joe is so triggered that there's a chart that Germany isn't at the top of right now.

https://www.financialsecrecyindex.co...i-2018-results

It's worth looking at the current results rather than the 2015 results, which have incorporated a bunch of huge changes in the industry: the publication of the many, many leaks since then and the resulting introduction of registers of beneficial/significant ownership in some jurisdictions. Note for example the UK dropping the best part of 10 places. Guernsey appearing in the top 10 is obviously communist shitposting.

Unfortunately these registers were a pet project of Cameron's and Osborne's, so they've completely stalled since the referendum.

obviously communist shitposting.
    pls stop obvious communist shiptoasting pls.

my feelings r being hurt so much

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

are you a child?

Oh man I bet Joe is so triggered that there's a chart that Germany isn't at the top of right now.
    Actually I'd be embarrassed to be at number one. Because those countries help tax evaders. Tbh. we should rank even a bit lower.
    nevar forget

are you a child?
    Wrong site for grooming I think m8.