hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1398 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 3988981298134813881395139613971398139914001401140814481498 ... LastLast
Results 27,941 to 27,960 of 33458

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Y'know I am not sure if we have had a modern political landscape more dire than now, maybe around the time of the Suez Crisis, possibly in the 70's and I am not talking about Brexit either.

I mean in the sheer weak-kneedness of the current bunch in Parliament from top to bottom. I cannot imagine Thatcher crying if someone said bad things to her for instance or having a party leader cozing in bed with people responsible for bombing some of his constituents cities or having had a recent party leader who was a leader of a supposedly liberal party saying that being gay is a sin. The recent implosion of UKIP is another example and the sheer nearsightedness of recent Governments in dealing with predatory enemy nations because they have been blinded by the bottom line is nothing short of criminal. Say what you will about Farage or Johnson but at least they have the charisma to drive people forward, because most of the dire Parliament at the moment have the response and personality of a poorly made blancmange.
    Seriously, lay off the pipe ... you're Nunberging again ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Henry Bolton (ex-UKIP leader #8,573) is setting up a new party called One Nation.

Please let their slogan be One Nation, One People, One Leader...
    Totally not far right wing guys though, that's just misunderstanding.
    Isnt the UK per definition One country, 5 nations and 4 peoples?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

m8 Germany isn't a predatory enemy nation anymore, please join us in current year
    WTF has Germany got to do with anything I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Seriously, lay off the pipe ... you're Nunberging again ...
    Quiet Mr Article 50 won't happen.

Say what you will about Farage or Johnson but at least they have the charisma to drive people forward, because most of the dire Parliament at the moment have the response and personality of a poorly made blancmange.

Are they really driving people forward? All they seem to do is hark back to the past with rose tinted glasses and absolutely no acknowledgement of how material conditions have drastically changed.

Of course you are not talking about Brexit; it exposes your own hypocrisy about wanting politicians who drive people forward. The reality is that the fears you hold have been created by a reactionary media, exaggerated by social media funded by outrage culture and exploited by disaster capitalists. Two of these groups hold sway over a tory party which exists to represent the interests of privileged asset owning classes and helps create disenfranchised and reactionary voting bloc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Say what you will about Farage or Johnson but at least they have the charisma to drive people forward, because most of the dire Parliament at the moment have the response and personality of a poorly made blancmange.
    That has very little to do with charisma, but with how populists operate in general: pick an easy target, spout out some simple truth, ignoring all opposing facts (or right out claim 'em to be false/fake), position yourself as being different from "them". Done.

If you can stand the fact that a lot of people will doubt your sanity/intelligence afterwards and ridicule you, you're good. And seriously: Farrage being charismatic?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I mean he thinks Farage is charismatic

That pretty much sums up everything you need to know about Meester

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    spout out some simple truth,
    Irritating when people warm to those that speak the truth.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

The key word is 'simple'.

Farage has always been, in my head, that bloke down the pub who says something preposterous then follows it with 'it's common sense innit'.

He offers simple solutions to complex issues that appeal, without actually being in a position to implement the solution, because it turns out it's not as simple as all that.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Irritating when people warm to those who offer shallow, simplistic solutions which causes them to act against their own class interests.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Would you care to name that one truth which we didn't went thru before and then step 3) "ignoring all opposing facts (or right out claim 'em to be false/fake)" happened?

CE's class consciousness is so low he's basically in a vegetative state of self identity.

You ever seen suckerpunch? It's like that but instead of fighting steampunk Nazis and giant samurai every dream world is a paranoid fantasy about immigrants he never encounters in real life competing for jobs he doesn't qualify for anyway.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Suckerpunch was surprisingly decent on the 2nd watch tbh

Suckerpunch is film that is solidly aware of what it should be and executes it well. Good soundtrack too.

Yeah, no. It's a strung together collection of 2000's rejected music video ideas masquerading as a film.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Yeah, no. It's a strung together collection of 2000's rejected music video ideas masquerading as a film.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    And it's really fun to watch.

The EU finally has enough of the tories pontificating and has paused talks until they can say something useful about their Irish border position.

This could be the issue that collapses this government.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The EU finally has enough of the tories pontificating and has paused talks until they can say something useful about their Irish border position.

Whew fun times.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Whew fun times.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    it's only proper fun times if it means the IRA starts re-arming m8.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Is that even a possibility? UK hasn't been taking their potatoes for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Is that even a possibility? UK hasn't been taking their potatoes for a long time now.
    Implying Putin and any other agent of chaos isnt offering IRA chaps massive caches of arms on the sly every few months just in case they fancy playing american citizens

Did the USA-led funding of the terrorist organisation slow down a bit after september 11?