hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1462 of 1472 FirstFirst ... 4629621362141214521459146014611462146314641465 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,240 of 29438

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #29221
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,057
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, the millions of people living there sure enjoy that their cities get razed by murica on one excuse or other every few years and then they get to live under the horrible dictator murica installs or the extreme religious group that springs to fill the power vacuum.
    That region has been in the shit for as long as there has been people on this earth. Before Oil it was Religion, now its oil.
    Impressive lack of historical knowledge.
    Oh look its Xenosis cuntflaps coming to shit the thread up again what a fucking suprise.
    Saying that you're wrong (mostly because you have this incorrect idea that "ragheads" are somehow inherently uncivilized) isn't shitting up the thread

    Go and look up the Persian Empire, and then see how recently it ended.
    What?

    Where did I use that word?

    You are just trying to paint me as a racist?

    the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.

    Nobody said anything about the people living there or their level of civility you fucking cunt.
    You seem really very upset, I guess having a reasonable discussion was never an option
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 05:17:57 PM.

    yeah. cuz you where really going for a discussion with what you said.


    fuck off you useless sack of shit.

  2. #29222
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    2,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, the millions of people living there sure enjoy that their cities get razed by murica on one excuse or other every few years and then they get to live under the horrible dictator murica installs or the extreme religious group that springs to fill the power vacuum.
    That region has been in the shit for as long as there has been people on this earth. Before Oil it was Religion, now its oil.
    Impressive lack of historical knowledge.
    Oh look its Xenosis cuntflaps coming to shit the thread up again what a fucking suprise.
    Saying that you're wrong (mostly because you have this incorrect idea that "ragheads" are somehow inherently uncivilized) isn't shitting up the thread

    Go and look up the Persian Empire, and then see how recently it ended.
    What?

    Where did I use that word?

    You are just trying to paint me as a racist?

    the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.

    Nobody said anything about the people living there or their level of civility you fucking cunt.
    You seem really very upset, I guess having a reasonable discussion was never an option
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 05:17:57 PM.

    yeah. cuz you where really going for a discussion with what you said.


    fuck off you useless sack of shit.
    I'm not the one slinging insults around, do you need a time out?

  3. #29223
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,024
    Sp4m on a big F fueled ragepost spree

    Dick in one hand, can in the other, his wifes son typing for him. Glorious, son.

  4. #29224
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Sp4m on a big F fueled ragepost spree

    Dick in one hand, can in the other, his wifes son typing for him. Glorious, son.
    Are you really this low?

  5. #29225
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    An enormous region of the world having a periodically centralised instability isn't exactly unique. Lots of parts of the middle east are stable, we just focus our attention on the unstable bits. 'The middle east has been shit for as long as humans have been on the earth' is a statement made from a position of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #29226
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    An enormous region of the world having a periodically centralised instability isn't exactly unique. Lots of parts of the middle east are stable, we just focus our attention on the unstable bits. 'The middle east has been shit for as long as humans have been on the earth' is a statement made from a position of ignorance.
    So is thinking the causes have anything to do with religion or oil (in Afghanistan's case)


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  7. #29227
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    Yeah Afghanistan is just unfortunately posiitoned between various historical entities fucking it over while brokering power and have a shitload of raw materials needed to make humanities best pain killers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  8. #29228
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,057

  9. #29229

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,924
    I am quite worried that Sp4m seems to be arguing with a imaginary entity, some horror named Xenosis, on a forum about serious internet spaceships.

  10. #29230
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    2,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah Afghanistan is just unfortunately posiitoned between various historical entities fucking it over while brokering power and have a shitload of raw materials needed to make humanities best pain killers.
    Basically Poland but with drugs instead of Lebensraum?
    Oddly not many pharma manufacturers import from Afghanistan, although there is (was?) a UN proposal to allow Afghan farmers to become licensed exporters. As far as UN ideas go it's actually pretty decent, pulling the industry and the farmers out of the hands of warlords and in turn granting the country some delicious taxable revenue.

    Supposedly when the US first rolled over Afghanistan they sent DEA agents along with the troops, the troops refused to burn the fields down despite the DEA's urging. (Turns out it gets even harder to hold a country when you piss off every farmer for 100 miles around your FOB)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 09:29:42 PM.

  11. #29231

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

    the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.
    Up until World War One it was remarkably stable. Only when we broke up the Ottoman Empire did it become unstable - and that was by design.

  12. #29232

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,924
    So May is now banking on Syria being a distraction about the brexit mess and a moment of rest...

  13. #29233
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

    the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.
    Up until World War One it was remarkably stable. Only when we broke up the Ottoman Empire did it become unstable - and that was by design.
    nine crusades

  14. #29234
    Timaios's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

    the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.
    Up until World War One it was remarkably stable. Only when we broke up the Ottoman Empire did it become unstable - and that was by design.
    nine crusades
    That took place within a time span of ~200 years. Within that time frame the middle-east had tons of wars other wars, including the mongol invasion and plenty of byzantine-arab wars. Sounds pretty much like Europe at the time to me?

    Stability is a very modern thing, we are just blind to the fact because we happen to live in a region that is mostly stable and happen to have been born at a time when wars in close proximity are quite uncommon. Worldwide, the number of refugees is at an all-time high (absolute numbers, can't comment on relative numbers) and number of conflicts is quite high as well (but the conflicts are no longer between states, ie. 'wars', but are more of an intra-state activities).

    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

  15. #29235
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,057
    What exactly are any of you trying to say?

    Is the region currently unstable, yes

    Has it been unstable for quite some time now? yes

    Is it mostly down to oil? yes

    Me referencing history and not going all the way back to Persian and CK2 levels of history (Seriously, who gives a fuck) is a problem why? Oh right, because you haven't got anything else to say you have to focus on my comment of "as long as humans have been on this earth"


    passing comment. not everything everyone writes on the internet has to be 100% factually correct asshats.

    its been fucked for a long time

  16. #29236
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    It isn't mostly down to oil. In fact oil has probably been an important factor in allowing stabilisation.

    It's mostly down to multiple global powers using the middle east as a venue for proxy wars over political ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  17. #29237

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    What exactly are any of you trying to say?

    Is the region currently unstable, yes

    Has it been unstable for quite some time now? yes

    Is it mostly down to oil? yes

    Me referencing history and not going all the way back to Persian and CK2 levels of history (Seriously, who gives a fuck) is a problem why? Oh right, because you haven't got anything else to say you have to focus on my comment of "as long as humans have been on this earth"


    passing comment. not everything everyone writes on the internet has to be 100% factually correct asshats.

    its been fucked for a long time
    And this my friends is how brexit happens.

    When you just accept laziness and broad generalizations because "not everything has to be correct"

    I'm sorry but when you're denigrating an entire massive region of earth and its people as savages you better be accurate or expect to be called out on it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  18. #29238
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,975
    In todays edition of egomanicial dickmeasuring hyper autists...


  19. #29239
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43748513

    Jeremy Hunt forgets about buying a bunch of luxury flats and falls fowl of this government's own money laundering laws.

    A Downing Street spokesman said it was right that the minister had apologised for the "administrative oversight", but agreed with the Cabinet Office that there was no breach of the ministerial code.

    "We consider the matter closed," he added.
    We're all in this together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #29240
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    In todays edition of egomanicial dickmeasuring hyper autists...


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •