hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1462 of 1472 FirstFirst ... 4629621362141214521459146014611462146314641465 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,240 of 29438

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, the millions of people living there sure enjoy that their cities get razed by murica on one excuse or other every few years and then they get to live under the horrible dictator murica installs or the extreme religious group that springs to fill the power vacuum.
    That region has been in the shit for as long as there has been people on this earth. Before Oil it was Religion, now its oil.
    Impressive lack of historical knowledge.
    Oh look its Xenosis cuntflaps coming to shit the thread up again what a fucking suprise.
    Saying that you're wrong (mostly because you have this incorrect idea that "ragheads" are somehow inherently uncivilized) isn't shitting up the thread

Go and look up the Persian Empire, and then see how recently it ended.
    What?

Where did I use that word?

You are just trying to paint me as a racist?

the region has been unstable for a fucking long time, fact.

Nobody said anything about the people living there or their level of civility you fucking cunt.
    You seem really very upset, I guess having a reasonable discussion was never an option
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 05:17:57 PM.

yeah. cuz you where really going for a discussion with what you said.

fuck off you useless sack of shit.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, the millions of people living there sure enjoy that their cities get razed by murica on one excuse or other every few years and then they get to live under the horrible dictator murica installs or the extreme religious group that springs to fill the power vacuum.
    That region has been in the shit for as long as there has been people on this earth. Before Oil it was Religion, now its oil.
    Impressive lack of historical knowledge.
    Oh look its Xenosis cuntflaps coming to shit the thread up again what a fucking suprise.
    Saying that you're wrong (mostly because you have this incorrect idea that "ragheads" are somehow inherently uncivilized) isn't shitting up the thread

Go and look up the Persian Empire, and then see how recently it ended.
    What?

Where did I use that word?

You are just trying to paint me as a racist?

Nobody said anything about the people living there or their level of civility you fucking cunt.
    You seem really very upset, I guess having a reasonable discussion was never an option
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 05:17:57 PM.

yeah. cuz you where really going for a discussion with what you said.

fuck off you useless sack of shit.
    I'm not the one slinging insults around, do you need a time out?

Sp4m on a big F fueled ragepost spree

Dick in one hand, can in the other, his wifes son typing for him. Glorious, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Sp4m on a big F fueled ragepost spree

Dick in one hand, can in the other, his wifes son typing for him. Glorious, son.
    Are you really this low?

An enormous region of the world having a periodically centralised instability isn't exactly unique. Lots of parts of the middle east are stable, we just focus our attention on the unstable bits. 'The middle east has been shit for as long as humans have been on the earth' is a statement made from a position of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    An enormous region of the world having a periodically centralised instability isn't exactly unique. Lots of parts of the middle east are stable, we just focus our attention on the unstable bits. 'The middle east has been shit for as long as humans have been on the earth' is a statement made from a position of ignorance.
    So is thinking the causes have anything to do with religion or oil (in Afghanistan's case)

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Yeah Afghanistan is just unfortunately posiitoned between various historical entities fucking it over while brokering power and have a shitload of raw materials needed to make humanities best pain killers.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I am quite worried that Sp4m seems to be arguing with a imaginary entity, some horror named Xenosis, on a forum about serious internet spaceships.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah Afghanistan is just unfortunately posiitoned between various historical entities fucking it over while brokering power and have a shitload of raw materials needed to make humanities best pain killers.
    Basically Poland but with drugs instead of Lebensraum?
    Oddly not many pharma manufacturers import from Afghanistan, although there is (was?) a UN proposal to allow Afghan farmers to become licensed exporters. As far as UN ideas go it's actually pretty decent, pulling the industry and the farmers out of the hands of warlords and in turn granting the country some delicious taxable revenue.

Supposedly when the US first rolled over Afghanistan they sent DEA agents along with the troops, the troops refused to burn the fields down despite the DEA's urging. (Turns out it gets even harder to hold a country when you piss off every farmer for 100 miles around your FOB)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 12 2018 at 09:29:42 PM.

Up until World War One it was remarkably stable. Only when we broke up the Ottoman Empire did it become unstable - and that was by design.

So May is now banking on Syria being a distraction about the brexit mess and a moment of rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

Up until World War One it was remarkably stable. Only when we broke up the Ottoman Empire did it become unstable - and that was by design.
    nine crusades

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

nine crusades
    That took place within a time span of ~200 years. Within that time frame the middle-east had tons of wars other wars, including the mongol invasion and plenty of byzantine-arab wars. Sounds pretty much like Europe at the time to me?

Stability is a very modern thing, we are just blind to the fact because we happen to live in a region that is mostly stable and happen to have been born at a time when wars in close proximity are quite uncommon. Worldwide, the number of refugees is at an all-time high (absolute numbers, can't comment on relative numbers) and number of conflicts is quite high as well (but the conflicts are no longer between states, ie. 'wars', but are more of an intra-state activities).

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

What exactly are any of you trying to say?

Is the region currently unstable, yes

Has it been unstable for quite some time now? yes

Is it mostly down to oil? yes

Me referencing history and not going all the way back to Persian and CK2 levels of history (Seriously, who gives a fuck) is a problem why? Oh right, because you haven't got anything else to say you have to focus on my comment of "as long as humans have been on this earth"

passing comment. not everything everyone writes on the internet has to be 100% factually correct asshats.

its been fucked for a long time

It isn't mostly down to oil. In fact oil has probably been an important factor in allowing stabilisation.

It's mostly down to multiple global powers using the middle east as a venue for proxy wars over political ideology.

What exactly are any of you trying to say?

Is the region currently unstable, yes

Has it been unstable for quite some time now? yes

Is it mostly down to oil? yes

Me referencing history and not going all the way back to Persian and CK2 levels of history (Seriously, who gives a fuck) is a problem why? Oh right, because you haven't got anything else to say you have to focus on my comment of "as long as humans have been on this earth"

passing comment. not everything everyone writes on the internet has to be 100% factually correct asshats.

its been fucked for a long time
    And this my friends is how brexit happens.

When you just accept laziness and broad generalizations because "not everything has to be correct"

I'm sorry but when you're denigrating an entire massive region of earth and its people as savages you better be accurate or expect to be called out on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

In todays edition of egomanicial dickmeasuring hyper autists...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43748513

Jeremy Hunt forgets about buying a bunch of luxury flats and falls fowl of this government's own money laundering laws.

A Downing Street spokesman said it was right that the minister had apologised for the "administrative oversight", but agreed with the Cabinet Office that there was no breach of the ministerial code.

"We consider the matter closed," he added.
    We're all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    In todays edition of egomanicial dickmeasuring hyper autists...