hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 647 of 676 FirstFirst ... 147547597637644645646647648649650657 ... LastLast
Results 12,921 to 12,940 of 13517

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

I sometimes forget where it is tbh but I've never been. My gf went there once and said it was creepy but somewhere she would be interested in going to again

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Is Singapore not still in the united kingdom
    We essentially created it and it's even more anglicised than HK, so it may as well be. That said, it's run far better than the UK but that's related to a plethora of societal/temporal/size issues that i can't be fucked to go into.

singapore is great if you like sweating like a cunt listening to asians talk english with an accent that makes you wish you were deaf

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    We essentially created it and it's even more anglicised than HK, so it may as well be. That said, it's run far better than the UK but that's related to a plethora of societal/temporal/size issues that i can't be fucked to go into.
    Order is the primary advantage of the police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Order is the primary advantage of the police state.
    Yeh, there is that... But it is an aspergic person's paradise!

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    singapore is great if you like sweating like a cunt listening to asians talk english with an accent that makes you wish you were deaf
    And if you like a good caning.

Singapore has also banned chewing gum which is n1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    London is also the centre of the greatest wealth inequalities in the country and the best place to earn money for doing absolutely nothing except having the good fortune to own some property.
    We should make earning money from owning property illegal.

Or just make property illegal.
    Just tax ownership on homes you don't live in to the point where landlords fuck off and sell their no effort money printing empire.
    I am confused. What about renting companies owning and renting out big condo blocks? You know those that form the backbone of European housing in the big cities.

Or is there a totally different term for those companies and they are not called "landlords"?
    You tax the land not the property. ie. if they keep the buildings in good condition they provide a useful service and if they don't they're sponging and can't afford to pay the tax on the land ownership and someone else comes in to fix things. Their costs come from quality of location and their income comes from quality of building. There's a gap for profit there if they do a good job.
    In most big cities there is an apartment shortage. The rents aren't as elastic as you make it seem as not having an apartment is not really an option, hence I would make the argument that there's less incentive to keep the buildings in good condition. However, if you live in the apartment yourself, then it makes sense to keep your own home in a proper condition for you to live in it.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

I've been watching your posts for a while now and you appear to talk some serious intelligent sense. Why aren't you doing something cerebral like academia or something?
    I wasted my time dropping out of engineering degree in my late teens because all my teachers told me to do it and I don't have the money available to go back.

I'm tempted to become more politically active but I'm not selfish enough to be a tory, Labour are a mess and the Lib Dems are on life support.
      Spoiler:

I've been watching your posts for a while now and you appear to talk some serious intelligent sense. Why aren't you doing something cerebral like academia or something?
    I wasted my time dropping out of engineering degree in my late teens because all my teachers told me to do it and I don't have the money available to go back.

I'm tempted to become more politically active but I'm not selfish enough to be a tory, Labour are a mess and the Lib Dems are on life support.
    You should be plotting revolution, comrade.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

There's room for a Lib Dem resurrection.

Also why not use debt to go back (at least if you fancy doing something well paid afterwards)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    so basically an entire country arranged as a classic British boys boarding school

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    so basically an entire country arranged as a classic British boys boarding school
    TIL British boarding schools behead you for prescription drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Yeah but the SWP are all rape apologists so fuck'em

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

Also why not use debt to go back (at least if you fancy doing something well paid afterwards)?
    >in my mid 20s
    >expecting to be well paid ever

Being a slave to debt isn't something I ever want. Besides, learning is essentially free now. Most books are available online or at the library and there are loads of free lectures put on by the university of London.
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Ah, did you attend Bilton Grange as well?

woah, woah, i didn't say join dem tragic nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Ah, did you attend Bilton Grange as well?
    Apparently I missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

>in my mid 20s
    >expecting to be well paid ever

Being a slave to debt isn't something I ever want. Besides, learning is essentially free now. Most books are available online or at the library and there are loads of free lectures put on by the university of London.
    Or pick one of the many free engineering courses taught in English at German universities.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Or pick one of the many free engineering courses taught in English at German universities.

Tapapapatalk
    I'm not doing engineering again. Most of my course mates were weird egotistical pricks and most of the people I worked with in engineering after university were either incompetent or the good ones so bad at communicating I'm amazed they managed to ever get a job.

It's an industry bubble I'm glad to have escaped.
      Spoiler:

Tapapapatalk
    I'm not doing engineering again. Most of my course mates were weird egotistical pricks and most of the people I worked with in engineering after university were either incompetent or the good ones so bad at communicating I'm amazed they managed to ever get a job.

It's an industry bubble I'm glad to have escaped.
    Ah so because you landed a shitty job you think entire field is shitty. It's not