hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1239 of 1247 FirstFirst ... 2397391139118912291236123712381239124012411242 ... LastLast
Results 24,761 to 24,780 of 24939

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Apparently Theresa May tried telling them she was unwell yesterday, but ATOS assessed her as fit for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Apparently Theresa May tried telling them she was unwell yesterday, but ATOS assessed her as fit for work.
    What's the assessment of the cabinet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A trip to Switzerland hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Pound down to three-week low off Maybot's latest performance. Fuck off man theresa I'm going to Germany in two weeks.
    Ah fuck I'm going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks as well. Hadn't even thought about getting euros
    Makes 3 of us, Germany in two weeks. Was going to go to an ATM while I'm out there but might have to get some this weekend before it tanks further.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    I have but one rep. Someone help me out.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    I have but one rep. Someone help me out.
    Reps for all if Comrade Corbyn gets into power
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Here is a productive way of spending your time and handling the shortage of Brexit negotiation staff if you are in the UK government:

Whitehall rivals battle for Brexit staff
    https://www.ft.com/content/fad88f9c-...83c97?mhq5j=e7 (pay pay pay)

The two men in charge of Britain’s Brexit negotiations are battling each other for staff and resources, in a further sign of instability within the UK team days before the next round of talks with Brussels is due to begin. Olly Robbins, who left his job as head of the Department for Exiting the EU last month to set up a rival “Europe Unit” in Downing Street, is openly trying to poach his former colleagues from David Davis, the Brexit secretary. In an email to staff at Dexeu and UkRep, Britain’s diplomatic mission in Brussels, Mr Robbins, 42, described the work of the Europe unit and called for “expressions of interest” to join him.

Observers have questioned what work Dexeu will be left with, after Mr Robbins said his new unit will be in charge of “developing the over-arching substance of, and approach to, the UK’s withdrawal, and the negotiation of our new partnership with the EU”. The email, which has been seen by the FT, says the Europe unit will have five deputy directors and is looking to recruit staff in four teams covering trade, security, the post-Brexit “implementation period” and the preparation of publications. It is careful to insist that it will be working “in tandem” with Dexeu.

Mr Davis has insisted that Mr Robbins’ move to the heart of Mrs May’s Downing Street operation is not a signal that he and his own department are being sidelined.

Facepalm made of smaller facepalms

Fractal facepalming is the concept I'm trying to convey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

I don't think infinite facepalms are enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

I don't think infinite facepalms are enough for that.

Spoilered for large

Spoiler:

Still not enough.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Those arent especially good mid-term numbers for Labour especially given how many fuckups the tories have had, but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Those arent especially good mid-term numbers for Labour especially given how many fuckups the tories have had, but it's a start.
    It's the relative change that is probably more important.

The fact that labour can build a platform like this based on a grass roots movement that is/was considered 'extreme' by the party mainstream of the past couple of decades is a promising start. The biggest and most important challenge Labour have is developing a strategy and message which can withstand the continuous assault of the nations' press. The biggest unknown moving forward are the 'shy tories'; voters who will agree with almost all labour messaging and policies but don't translate that into a cross next to a labour candidate in the voting booth.
    Last edited by Keckers; October 9 2017 at 01:31:19 PM.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

It's the relative change that is probably more important.

The fact that labour can build a platform like this based on a grass roots movement that is/was considered 'extreme' by the party mainstream of the past couple of decades is a promising start. The biggest and most important challenge Labour have is developing a strategy and message which can withstand the continuous assault of the nations' press. The biggest unknown moving forward are the 'shy tories'; voters who will agree with almost all labour messaging and policies but don't translate that isn't a cross next to a labour candidate in the voting booth.
    All true. Also polls may underestimate youth turnout again

There was a decent article by Marina Hyde in the guardian the other day discussing that, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Most polls still drift into hung parliament territory and the inevitability of coalition, and both sides must be shaking their heads and wondering how. How are the Tories not smashing this bunch of old left crumblies into next week, and how the fuck are Labour not 6-0 ahead against Theresa May's band of yesterdays?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

All true. Also polls may underestimate youth turnout again
    They might be at risk of overestimating the the OAP turnout depending how well the underfunded NHS copes with flu season.

Iain Dale: If there was a Brexit vote now, would you vote Brexit? Have you changed your mind?

Theresa May: I don't answer hypothetical questions

ID : I know I would vote in exactly the same way

TM: I voted Remain. Circumstances move on. I think we should all be focused on delivering Brexit.

You're asking me to say how would I vote now against a different background. A different international background, a different economic background.

ID : You can't tell how you would vote now? Jeremy Hunt said he would now vote for Brexit because George Osborne's economic predictions did not come through and he said he was fed up with the belligerent attitude of the European Commission. If he said he would change his mind I don't understand why you can't.

TM: Yes and I'm Prime Minister ensuring I'm going to deliver Brexit for the British people.

ID : But you can't tell me that you would now vote Leave in a referendum?

TM: I could sit here and I could say I'd still vote Remain or I'd vote Leave, just to give you an answer. I'm being open and honest with you. What I did last time round was I looked at everything and came to a judgment and I'd do exactly the same this time round. But we're not having another referendum. That's absolutely crucial. We are going to deliver on the vote of the British people, we are going to deliver Brexit. 29th March 2019, we come out of the European Union.
    I doubt she'll make it till christmas.

To be fair its clearly a Gotcha question and her answer would be a frontpage regardless of how she framed it, the only way not to lose was to refuse to play.

To be fair its clearly a Gotcha question and her answer would be a frontpage regardless of how she framed it, the only way not to lose was to refuse to play.
    I dunno, she could have just said "I'm impressed by how well my government is carrying out the will of the people following the referendum. The economic doom and gloom was largely unfounded and making a success of brexit is guaranteed by the team that is in place. I'd vote for it in a rerun of the referendum"

Shit all over Cameron for being unable to stomach brexit, pander to the 'will of the people', flatter some colleagues who are out for your guts all in one move.

I dunno, she could have just said "I'm impressed by how well my government is carrying out the will of the people following the referendum. The economic doom and gloom was largely unfounded and making a success of brexit is guaranteed by the team that is in place. I'd vote for it in a rerun of the referendum"

Shit all over Cameron for being unable to stomach brexit, pander to the 'will of the people', flatter some colleagues who are out for your guts all in one move.
    She could have said that, had she been someone who can think on their feet.