hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1360 of 1560 FirstFirst ... 3608601260131013501357135813591360136113621363137014101460 ... LastLast
Results 27,181 to 27,200 of 31196

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #27181
    pesadelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Hilarious if remain won this time, then we would need a 3 time.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

  2. #27182

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    So NHS figures are their worst ever, staff numbers are collapsing and people are dying on corridors.


    How many of you can, without cheating, name the shadow health secretary?
    Mr Career politician Sub-Type A113

  3. #27183
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Jon Ashworth I think? Unless he got the boot at some point.

    Not sure why you'd expect people to know who he is though, you could pick a member of the public and they'd probably struggle to tell you Jeremy Hunt is health secretary. People are generally not very politically engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #27184
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Jon Ashworth I think? Unless he got the boot at some point.

    Not sure why you'd expect people to know who he is though, you could pick a member of the public and they'd probably struggle to tell you Jeremy Hunt is health secretary. People are generally not very politically engaged.
    Maybe that's because you can vote for the brand, but you cant vote for the specific managers.

    So people have a hard time caring I guess. After all they are all essentially the same boring, out of touch, nepotistic(?), privileged, indecisive, whipped clones; merely just going though the motions until they can get that cushy job in the private sector.

  5. #27185

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Jon Ashworth I think? Unless he got the boot at some point.

    Not sure why you'd expect people to know who he is though, you could pick a member of the public and they'd probably struggle to tell you Jeremy Hunt is health secretary. People are generally not very politically engaged.
    Because

    1) He, and every other Labour shadow, should be on every news show and website they can talking about nothing but the NHS. The NHS is in a state of unprecedented crisis and the opposition have been nowhere to be seen (until about 15 minutes ago when Jezza was doorstepped by Sky News)
    and
    2) The people in this thread are politically engaged.

  6. #27186
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  7. #27187
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    By implode, do you mean watch the Tories seize the crisis of their own making as a reason to privatise more of the NHS?
    A fairly high risk strategy.

  8. #27188
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    By implode, do you mean watch the Tories seize the crisis of their own making as a reason to privatise more of the NHS?
    A fairly high risk strategy.
    We're all accelerationists now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #27189
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    By implode, do you mean watch the Tories seize the crisis of their own making as a reason to privatise more of the NHS?
    A fairly high risk strategy.
    We're all accelerationists now
    Wonder if we can accelerate Jeremy Hunt. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

  10. #27190
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,006
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    By implode, do you mean watch the Tories seize the crisis of their own making as a reason to privatise more of the NHS?
    A fairly high risk strategy.
    We're all accelerationists now
    Wonder if we can accelerate Jeremy Hunt. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.
    the British war museum has a couple of those Battleship guns just sitting about dont they ? putting together a mounting and some propellant can't be that hard to organize though i suggest you start thinking bigger, why stop with Jeremy Hunt?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  11. #27191
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yeah I agree. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't more from them.

    Unless they're willing to just watch the tories implode over it and then take advantage of the post mortem. I'm not a political strategist though.
    By implode, do you mean watch the Tories seize the crisis of their own making as a reason to privatise more of the NHS?
    A fairly high risk strategy.
    We're all accelerationists now
    Wonder if we can accelerate Jeremy Hunt. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.
    the British war museum has a couple of those Battleship guns just sitting about dont they ? putting together a mounting and some propellant can't be that hard to organize though i suggest you start thinking bigger, why stop with Jeremy Hunt?
    Who said anything about stopping? I was just suggesting a good starting point...

  12. #27192
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,006
    it's just a shame to take those museum pieces out and possibly ruining them, why not use SpaceX's rockets and send Elon along on the first one ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  13. #27193

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,467
    Arron Banks now also in favour of a second (really a third!) referendum...

  14. #27194

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Somebody never wanted to win.

    I'm expecting vocal support for this from Boris any time now....

  15. #27195
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Arron Banks now also in favour of a second (really a third!) referendum...
    ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  16. #27196
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,912
    If you guys decide to have another referendum on it, I would not be surprised if all negotiations are halted until it's over. I mean what's the use of conducting long and arduous negotiations when the result may be invalidated by a fickle electorate?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  17. #27197
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    I'd be shocked if there was another referendum. The first highlighted serious divisions in the conservative party, a second would stand to openly pit their rural core voters against the businesses that fund them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  18. #27198

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    If you guys decide to have another referendum on it, I would not be surprised if all negotiations are halted until it's over. I mean what's the use of conducting long and arduous negotiations when the result may be invalidated by a fickle electorate?

    Tapapapatalk
    What's the point of conducting negotiations when the result may be invalidated by a fickle, hung parliament or an overwhelmingly pro-european house of lords with nothing to lose from voting it down?

    I'm pretty sure unless we rescind art 50 the negotiations won't stop.

    Also, remember the leadership of the main opposition party are also rabidly anti-EU, so there's not a big probability of anything substantially changing.

  19. #27199
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Labour brexit is massively more interesting than tory brexit when you consider the rest of the platform they are opposing the conservative party with. It'll be interesting to see how their moderate reflationary policy is priced into the risk associated with a brexited UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #27200
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it's just a shame to take those museum pieces out and possibly ruining them, why not use SpaceX's rockets and send Elon along on the first one ?
    Just stack all the necessary propellant under Parliament.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •