hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1374 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 3748741274132413641371137213731374137513761377138414241474 ... LastLast
Results 27,461 to 27,480 of 32328

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #27461
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,331
    lol brits getting called out on their WW2/empire neurosis. By the retiring ambassador from Germany no less.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...euroscepticism

    Ammon said Britain was rightly proud of its history, but some Brexiters were motivated by a sense of national identity built around Britain standing alone in the second world war.

    With British cinemas full of films such as Darkest Hour and Dunkirk, Ammon said: “History is always full of ambiguities and ups and downs, but if you focus only on how Britain stood alone in the [second world] war, how it stood against dominating Germany, well, it is a nice story, but does not solve any problem of today.

  2. #27462
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I mean all the pre-referendum predictions were spot on so this is indeed terrible

    /s
    What net benefits to your life are you expecting once we leave the EU?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  3. #27463
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    lol brits getting called out on their WW2/empire neurosis. By the retiring ambassador from Germany no less.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...euroscepticism

    Ammon said Britain was rightly proud of its history, but some Brexiters were motivated by a sense of national identity built around Britain standing alone in the second world war.

    With British cinemas full of films such as Darkest Hour and Dunkirk, Ammon said: “History is always full of ambiguities and ups and downs, but if you focus only on how Britain stood alone in the [second world] war, how it stood against dominating Germany, well, it is a nice story, but does not solve any problem of today.
    Yeh but have you considered the following:

    ENGERRRLANNNNNNND
    2 WORLD CUPS AND 1 WORLD WARRRRRRR

  4. #27464
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Since 2 of you asked. The 350m?

    1) A cross party campaign group that said "we could spend some of that 350m a week on the NHS" or "we would have available" etc etc etc ....from a group that didn't represent the party of government.

    2) Which part of, "when we leave" do you utter retards not understand. You clearly watch the news slavishly and are aware we haven't left yet...
    1) Yes, but it wasn't presented that way. It was presented as a clear promise - "We give the EU 350m a week, let's fund our NHS instead". It worked - there are articles out there about people who voted primarily for the increased funding for the NHS.

    2)
    I mean all the pre-referendum predictions were spot on so this is indeed terrible
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  5. #27465
    Hoggbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16, 2013
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    lol brits getting called out on their WW2/empire neurosis. By the retiring ambassador from Germany no less.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...euroscepticism

    Ammon said Britain was rightly proud of its history, but some Brexiters were motivated by a sense of national identity built around Britain standing alone in the second world war.

    With British cinemas full of films such as Darkest Hour and Dunkirk, Ammon said: “History is always full of ambiguities and ups and downs, but if you focus only on how Britain stood alone in the [second world] war, how it stood against dominating Germany, well, it is a nice story, but does not solve any problem of today.
    Yeh but have you considered the following:

    ENGERRRLANNNNNNND
    2 WORLD CUPS AND 1 WORLD WARRRRRRR
    UK standing heroically alone after throwing all its allies under the bus, GJ.

  6. #27466
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    lol brits getting called out on their WW2/empire neurosis. By the retiring ambassador from Germany no less.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...euroscepticism

    Ammon said Britain was rightly proud of its history, but some Brexiters were motivated by a sense of national identity built around Britain standing alone in the second world war.

    With British cinemas full of films such as Darkest Hour and Dunkirk, Ammon said: “History is always full of ambiguities and ups and downs, but if you focus only on how Britain stood alone in the [second world] war, how it stood against dominating Germany, well, it is a nice story, but does not solve any problem of today.
    Yeh but have you considered the following:

    ENGERRRLANNNNNNND
    2 WORLD CUPS AND 1 WORLD WARRRRRRR
    UK standing heroically alone after throwing all its allies under the bus, GJ.
    It was always our plan to trail at the half, thus deepening the Germans' inevitable defeat.

  7. #27467
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Hitler was probably going to get cheeki breekied by Stalin whether Britain held the line or not tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  8. #27468
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,722
    Also By 1942? Hitler was getting so much cocaine injected on a daily basis he would've probably lost without the burgers winner team joining, again.
    Derpin from Chinaphone


    *edit* sorry it was steroids and test starting in '41 and then speedballs(oxy+cocaine) by' 44

    #Ballin
    Last edited by Stoffl; January 30 2018 at 05:25:07 PM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  9. #27469

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,484

    (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Since 2 of you asked. The 350m?

    1) A cross party campaign group that said "we could spend some of that 350m a week on the NHS" or "we would have available" etc etc etc ....from a group that didn't represent the party of government.
    We never actually sent 350 mil a week and there was at least one banner that promised the entirety of that money to the NHS. They promised everything we send to the EU plus another 100 million per week.
    2) Which part of, "when we leave" do you utter retards not understand. You clearly watch the news slavishly and are aware we haven't left yet...
    But the government has already promised to maintain the spending on projects that the EU would have funded instead, so we're triple counting at least some of the money (the rebate, maintaining existing spending and the NHS).

  10. #27470
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,191
    MayMay says that the leaked report should be ignored because "it doesn't take into account any bespoke deal"

    Oh.. so the sort of bespoke deal that Brussels has repeatedly said over and over again that we will never get?


  11. #27471
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    MayMay says that the leaked report should be ignored because "it doesn't take into account any bespoke deal"

    Oh.. so the sort of bespoke deal that Brussels has repeatedly said over and over again that we will never get?

    And also the 'bespoke' outcomes which the Lords has said can't be brute forced by cabinet members into law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #27472

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I mean all the pre-referendum predictions were spot on so this is indeed terrible

    /s
    What net benefits to your life are you expecting once we leave the EU?
    Less Brits dragging the europe down and demanding special treatment.

  13. #27473

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    345


    The loss in economic growth is already more than the 350m a week (which of course is a completely false figure to begin with).

  14. #27474
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,722
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I mean all the pre-referendum predictions were spot on so this is indeed terrible

    /s
    What net benefits to your life are you expecting once we leave the EU?
    Less Brits dragging the europe down and demanding special treatment.


    Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  15. #27475
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,331
    Carillion 2.0 incoming.

    https://news.sky.com/story/capita-an...ofits-11230159

    Just weeks after the collapse of Carillion, fellow outsourcer Capita has seen its shares plunge 30% on opening after warning on profits and announcing a transformation plan to shore up its finances.

  16. #27476
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Capitalism is fine guys! Nothing to see here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  17. #27477
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Capitalism is fine guys! Nothing to see here!
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  18. #27478
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Capitalism is fine guys! Nothing to see here!


    This is your brain on Tory politics.
    Don't do tory politics kids!
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  19. #27479
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #27480
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Capitalism is fine guys! Nothing to see here!


    This is your brain on Tory politics.
    Don't do tory politics kids!
    Please find below the obligatory Liz Truss cheese video. Apologies for the late delivery.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •