hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1271 of 1279 FirstFirst ... 2717711171122112611268126912701271127212731274 ... LastLast
Results 25,401 to 25,420 of 25575

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #25401
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,171
    i thought the daily mail was for scum with ideas above their station though, and the sun/express for those who have embraced it

  2. #25402
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,806
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    i thought the daily mail was for scum with ideas above their station though, and the sun/express for those who have embraced it
    Modern? I thought the daily mail was for scum with ideas above their station though, and the nature of 1v1s, and specific ones at that.

  3. #25403
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    i thought the daily mail was for scum with ideas above their station though, and the sun/express for those who have embraced it
    Modern? I thought the daily mail was for scum with ideas above their station though, and the nature of 1v1s, and specific ones at that.
    hmm

  4. #25404

    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    PROJECT FEAR
    SHORT TERM ECONOMIC PAIN
    SOVEREIGNTY
    TALKING THE COUNTRY DOWN
    Still leaving.

    Also isn't the BBC right-wing biased? So I don't know why you would believe what they say?

  5. #25405
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    PROJECT FEAR
    SHORT TERM ECONOMIC PAIN
    SOVEREIGNTY
    TALKING THE COUNTRY DOWN
    Still leaving.

    Also isn't the BBC right-wing biased? So I don't know why you would believe what they say?
    Still leaving, but for what purpose? A cynical hijacking of your childrens' future to compensate for losing an empire you never enjoyed?

    The BBC has bias but the total sum of the bias is basically neutral. Depends what they're reporting on and who is reporting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #25406
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,771
    that hasn't been true for > 10 years

  7. #25407

    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    Still leaving, but for what purpose? A cynical hijacking of your childrens' future to compensate for losing an empire you never enjoyed?

    The BBC has bias but the total sum of the bias is basically neutral. Depends what they're reporting on and who is reporting on it.
    Many of these children voted for Leave and before that many of the children who voted to join the EEC have now voted to Leave.
    Only a fool would believe it was voting for the resurrection of an Empire. The EU is a sort of Empire itself, making rules that do not cater to different nations, differing characters.
    Instead of embracing diversity it wants to curtail it, squeeze it in its coils of bureaucracy in some half-hearted attempt to make a 1984 style utopia where people told what to think, what to do
    and what to hear, will do just that, just so the men at the top can be smug with the satisfaction that they are making the world a better place and more champagne please.

    If you believe the BBC is neutral then maybe you should listen to the total sum of its arguments instead of discarding the ones you dislike.

  8. #25408
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    Still leaving, but for what purpose? A cynical hijacking of your childrens' future to compensate for losing an empire you never enjoyed?

    The BBC has bias but the total sum of the bias is basically neutral. Depends what they're reporting on and who is reporting on it.
    Many of these children voted for Leave and before that many of the children who voted to join the EEC have now voted to Leave.
    Only a fool would believe it was voting for the resurrection of an Empire. The EU is a sort of Empire itself, making rules that do not cater to different nations, differing characters.
    Instead of embracing diversity it wants to curtail it, squeeze it in its coils of bureaucracy in some half-hearted attempt to make a 1984 style utopia where people told what to think, what to do
    and what to hear, will do just that, just so the men at the top can be smug with the satisfaction that they are making the world a better place and more champagne please.

    If you believe the BBC is neutral then maybe you should listen to the total sum of its arguments instead of discarding the ones you dislike.
    lol, what?

  9. #25409

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    Still leaving, but for what purpose? A cynical hijacking of your childrens' future to compensate for losing an empire you never enjoyed?

    The BBC has bias but the total sum of the bias is basically neutral. Depends what they're reporting on and who is reporting on it.
    Many of these children voted for Leave and before that many of the children who voted to join the EEC have now voted to Leave.
    Only a fool would believe it was voting for the resurrection of an Empire. The EU is a sort of Empire itself, making rules that do not cater to different nations, differing characters.
    Instead of embracing diversity it wants to curtail it, squeeze it in its coils of bureaucracy in some half-hearted attempt to make a 1984 style utopia where people told what to think, what to do
    and what to hear, will do just that, just so the men at the top can be smug with the satisfaction that they are making the world a better place and more champagne please.

    If you believe the BBC is neutral then maybe you should listen to the total sum of its arguments instead of discarding the ones you dislike.
    A news outlet saying things you don't like doesn't mean it isn't providing an unbiased service over-all.

    If your own position is poorly thought out and based on misleading propaganda then you are going to hate a neutral review of the facts.

  10. #25410

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    Still leaving, but for what purpose? A cynical hijacking of your childrens' future to compensate for losing an empire you never enjoyed?

    The BBC has bias but the total sum of the bias is basically neutral. Depends what they're reporting on and who is reporting on it.
    Many of these children voted for Leave and before that many of the children who voted to join the EEC have now voted to Leave.
    Only a fool would believe it was voting for the resurrection of an Empire. The EU is a sort of Empire itself, making rules that do not cater to different nations, differing characters.
    Instead of embracing diversity it wants to curtail it, squeeze it in its coils of bureaucracy in some half-hearted attempt to make a 1984 style utopia where people told what to think, what to do
    and what to hear, will do just that, just so the men at the top can be smug with the satisfaction that they are making the world a better place and more champagne please.

    If you believe the BBC is neutral then maybe you should listen to the total sum of its arguments instead of discarding the ones you dislike.
    A news outlet saying things you don't like doesn't mean it isn't providing an unbiased service over-all.

    If your own position is poorly thought out and based on misleading propaganda then you are going to hate a neutral review of the facts.
    Indeed, when many people say they want an unbiased neutral news source they of course mean biased in their direction saying things they agree with.

    Reminds be back before I disabled YouTube comments, whenever you'd end up on some retarded controversy baiting video you'd get one of the top comments with tons of lines "finally someone unbiased telling it like it is" which was always worth a chuckle.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; September 11 2017 at 02:32:57 AM.

  11. #25411

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,024
    If by the BBC being balanced you mean that the comedians are all left-wing while the news people are all right-wing, then yes, it's very balanced.

  12. #25412
    Yankunytjatjara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    at least it'll fix the pension system
    This...



    .... Actually makes sense. And it's the first possible somewhat rational explanation of the whole thing that I've seen so far.
    Next step: soylent green?
    :-S
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

  13. #25413
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    If by the BBC being balanced you mean that the comedians are all left-wing while the news people are all right-wing, then yes, it's very balanced.
    Right wing comedians aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  14. #25414

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    If by the BBC being balanced you mean that the comedians are all left-wing while the news people are all right-wing, then yes, it's very balanced.
    Right wing comedians aren't.
    Who were the actively right wing comedians on it anyway?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  15. #25415
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    If by the BBC being balanced you mean that the comedians are all left-wing while the news people are all right-wing, then yes, it's very balanced.
    Right wing comedians aren't.
    i thought the news where the right wing comedians ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  16. #25416

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,024

  17. #25417

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    5,185
    Latest round of wind farm contracts are out and they've halved the required guaranteed price. It's now on the order of 2/3 of that spent on Hinkley.

    RIP Nuclear.

  18. #25418
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,513
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Latest round of wind farm contracts are out and they've halved the required guaranteed price. It's now on the order of 2/3 of that spent on Hinkley.

    RIP Nuclear.
    Yeah we will see how that goes once wind / solar represent a large % of energy generation. My bet is it will go similar as it happened in Germany. Price was so low that coal plants wanted to shut down and a law was brought in preventing them doing so. Because you know you actually need a stable power source.


    

  19. #25419
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Latest round of wind farm contracts are out and they've halved the required guaranteed price. It's now on the order of 2/3 of that spent on Hinkley.

    RIP Nuclear.
    Yeah we will see how that goes once wind / solar represent a large % of energy generation. My bet is it will go similar as it happened in Germany. Price was so low that coal plants wanted to shut down and a law was brought in preventing them doing so. Because you know you actually need a stable power source.
    Or better batteries.

  20. #25420
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Latest round of wind farm contracts are out and they've halved the required guaranteed price. It's now on the order of 2/3 of that spent on Hinkley.

    RIP Nuclear.
    Yeah we will see how that goes once wind / solar represent a large % of energy generation. My bet is it will go similar as it happened in Germany. Price was so low that coal plants wanted to shut down and a law was brought in preventing them doing so. Because you know you actually need a stable power source.
    We will reliably generate energy by harvesting the body heat produced by fat nerds.



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •