hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1157 of 1302 FirstFirst ... 1576571057110711471154115511561157115811591160116712071257 ... LastLast
Results 23,121 to 23,140 of 26035

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    It's already impossible to set monetary policy to suit different regions within a single country, let alone do it across an entire continent. The whole idea of the euro is inherently flawed.
    [autism]
    Tell that to the US, which has more people and a very diverse economy across the states.

However the main difference is that they run a (mostly) unified economy and legal framework.

Anyway, I wonder how the perception can be so skewed, in Germany it's more of a "the ECB isn't doing what Germany thinks ought to be done". Schäuble criticises the ECB regularly (btw those are four separate links).
    [/autism]
    no if Schauble had his way we'd be stuck in a permanent recession, as long as he, or people who share his views on monetary policy, holding the post as finance minister in Germany the survival chances of the european union look bleak.

stopping the loose monetary policy would further cripple the already badly damaged south-european economies and further drive opposition to the union, it also serves to further Germany's incessant drive towards the worlds largest surplus by further harming what investment is going on in that region and moving investment focus north.
    Last edited by Liare; July 17 2017 at 01:31:02 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It's already impossible to set monetary policy to suit different regions within a single country, let alone do it across an entire continent. The whole idea of the euro is inherently flawed.
    [autism]
    Tell that to the US, which has more people and a very diverse economy across the states.

However the main difference is that they run a (mostly) unified economy and legal framework.

Anyway, I wonder how the perception can be so skewed, in Germany it's more of a "the ECB isn't doing what Germany thinks ought to be done". Schäuble criticises the ECB regularly (btw those are four separate links).
    [/autism]
    Ehhh. The US has the same problem the EU is facing. There is massive inequality across the states; a handful of states create the lion's shares of the US's income and so monetary policy is designed with maximizing the economy of these places at the expense of all the other states.

[autism]

[/autism]
    Add to that that each EU country has a seat in the ECB (decision making) Governing Council.

THE PUNISHED

We brought... a single notebook, half a pack of postits and a pen to the meeting.

Amazing.

EDIT: I can't even see the pen.

Anything more than that would make them look like experts.

And David Davis has had enough of experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Smuggo
    Apparently Davis was mainly there for the photo op as he has to rush back to Westminster otherwise the government will fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post

We brought... a single notebook, half a pack of postits and a pen to the meeting.

Amazing.

Well they brought the most important thing in the room, 3 men to the table; not a woman and a work study intern

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    [autism]

[/autism]
    Ehhh. The US has the same problem the EU is facing. There is massive inequality across the states; a handful of states create the lion's shares of the US's income and so monetary policy is designed with maximizing the economy of these places at the expense of all the other states.
    Maybe if those other states didn't vote for retarded republican religious throwbacks, they could share in an economy that was designed more than 300 years ago.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    [autism]

[/autism]
    Maybe if those other states didn't vote for retarded republican religious throwbacks, they could share in an economy that was designed more than 300 years ago.
    To be quite frank many states simply have little to nothing in the way of material value and their location & climates make them undesirable places to live so they're sure as shit not going to attract companies or talent that can generate income.

I mean seriously would you ever consider moving your business to New Mexico?

Amazing.

blue thing in the hands of the elderly brunette on the left.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Amazing.

She's not on the UK side.

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Amazing.

That's the EU side. The ones who look prepared, with all the papers, books and such.

We're on the right (heh), with an A5 note book, half a stack of postits and nothing to write with.

We did bring smiles, however. Smug smiles. I'm sure that will help.

[autism]

[/autism]
    To be quite frank many states simply have little to nothing in the way of material value and their location & climates make them undesirable places to live so they're sure as shit not going to attract companies or talent that can generate income.

Albuquerque has grown into a fairly nice town... Possibly. We'd specifically have to look at tax, etc, but there wouldn't be a major reason not to, other than all of us and our contacts are in the Bay Area. We are not really relying on U.S. based talent anyway, but realistically see ourselves as a global effort, so its really more about what kind of landscaping we want in the HQ photos...
    meh

[autism]

[/autism]

Albuquerque has grown into a fairly nice town... Possibly. We'd specifically have to look at tax, etc, but there wouldn't be a major reason not to, other than all of us and our contacts are in the Bay Area. We are not really relying on U.S. based talent anyway, but realistically see ourselves as a global effort, so its really more about what kind of landscaping we want in the HQ photos...
    Well consider what you just said about tax, California can get away with charging high taxes because people and business want to be there, whereas new mexico have to provide cuts and incentives to get people to even consider it

[autism]

[/autism]

Well consider what you just said about tax, California can get away with charging high taxes because people and business want to be there, whereas new mexico have to provide cuts and incentives to get people to even consider it

Yes, I agree, but my point is is that when I was there in May (and I visit every year, because my American great aunt lives there), its growing, and seems OK. They are not rushing to teach their children creationism, and have, I believe, successfully made themselves somewhat attractive to modern business. i.e. not trying to make some retarded argument to bring back open pit coal mining or whatever.
    meh

Greening is going to raid the schools capital budget to plug the gap in per-pupil funding

(Though she's also going to have to effectively defund free schools to find the cash, which is nice)

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Greening is going to raid the schools capital budget to plug the gap in per-pupil funding

(Though she's also going to have to effectively defund free schools to find the cash, which is nice)
    Stopping free school madness is good but gotta love how every department is saying "yeah we'll ease up on austerity" and Hammond is like lolno. Sounds like total chaos in Downing St right now.

Borrowing would be suicide for the government. As much as we both recognise it as necessary they simply won't do it.

Smuggo
    Yeah I know, as soon as they do they lose their no1 way to criticise Labour.

[autism]

[/autism]

Yes, I agree, but my point is is that when I was there in May (and I visit every year, because my American great aunt lives there), its growing, and seems OK. They are not rushing to teach their children creationism, and have, I believe, successfully made themselves somewhat attractive to modern business. i.e. not trying to make some retarded argument to bring back open pit coal mining or whatever.
    The stupid people and faith schools are there because of the brain drain. Everyone from Arkansas who is smart has moved away by now. The US has the advantage of a common language which helps movement of people quite a lot.

There are smart people in Greece who can't move elsewhere because they don't even have the same alphabet. Meanwhile they are all but forced to buy goods from Germany and France with German and French money and all the while the German and French media wanks everyone off about the 'stupid lazy Greeks".

The Northern European trade surplus and the Southern European debt are exactly the same thing. And it is killing the EU.

Meanwhile Schäuble tells everyone to tighten their belts, the Tories gas the magic money trees and the French desperately try to find excuses not to impose austerity in the face of the almighty ECB and it isn't helping.

All 28 member states need to compromise and work together under sensible economic policy that actually improves our economies but it's too late now

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it