hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1483 of 1671 FirstFirst ... 4839831383143314731480148114821483148414851486149315331583 ... LastLast
Results 29,641 to 29,660 of 33415

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #29641
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    But that was because the rightwing press was pushing hard to make Labour look anti-Semitic before the local elections. Duh!
    Parrotting the nonsense that Labour's antisemitism problem is the product of right wing media meddling is very, very nearly as bad as just coming out and saying how much you hate the jews.

    It is not a media myth. Labour has a problem with antisemitism. Labour has a bigger problem recognising its own antisemitism. The biggest problem is that trying to do anything about either of those problems is seen as a personal attack on Our Lord And Saviour Big JC.
    [citation needed]
    Got one that says otherwise?
    > says a thing
    > gets asked for proof
    > asks for proof of opposite
    > is djan

    quick wiki, first result on google:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antise...emitism_survey

    In 2015, 2016 and 2017, the Campaign Against Antisemitism commissioned the polling firm YouGov to carry out a survey into the British population’s attitudes towards Jews.

    The survey found that supporters of the Labour Party were less likely to hold antisemitic views than supporters of the Conservative Party or the UK Independence Party (UKIP). Supporters of the Liberal Democrats were the least likely to hold antisemitic views: 32% of Labour supporters endorsed at least one antisemitic attitude, compared to 30% of Liberal Democrat supporters, 39% of UKIP supporters, and 40% of Conservative supporters.[141]
    oh hey they're a big chunk less antisemitic than anyone else, except lib dems, who'd have thought?

    A major study into contemporary antisemitism in Britain was published by the Institute for Jewish Policy Research (JPR) in September 2017. The study found that those on the political left were no more likely than average to hold antisemitic attitudes, but were more likely than average to hold anti-Israel attitudes, especially those on the far-left.
    Wow maybe it's not just a problem in labour then? Someone call the tory owned press!

  2. #29642
    Timaios's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    > says a thing
    > gets asked for proof
    > asks for proof of opposite
    > is djan
    Pretty sure he was making fun of Alistair's identical request in the other thread, I believe Djan knows his shit.

    But he got someone agitated enough to actually post some data in this thread, so op success?

    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

  3. #29643
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    6,670
    No, no. That last poll is using flawed logic: to be pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli is being antisemitic. It's actually quite simple really.

  4. #29644
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    No, no. That last poll is using flawed logic: to be pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli is being antisemitic. It's actually quite simple really.
    o rite

  5. #29645
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,707
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    But that was because the rightwing press was pushing hard to make Labour look anti-Semitic before the local elections. Duh!
    Parrotting the nonsense that Labour's antisemitism problem is the product of right wing media meddling is very, very nearly as bad as just coming out and saying how much you hate the jews.

    It is not a media myth. Labour has a problem with antisemitism. Labour has a bigger problem recognising its own antisemitism. The biggest problem is that trying to do anything about either of those problems is seen as a personal attack on Our Lord And Saviour Big JC.
    Did I say Labour doesn't have a problem with anti-Semitism?

    No.

    Did I say that the rightwing press was pushing hard to make Labour look anti-Semitic just weeks before the local elections?

    Yes.

    Because that's exactly what they did.

    After not having brought up the subject for months, they 'suddenly' dug up an old tweet from Jezza, and painted him with it.

    And you know what? It worked. Barnet didn't go Labour. Well done Daily Fail. And well done gullible idiots like the likes of you.

    Feel happy now?

    (I don't even like Jezza. But the hatred you show for him here borders on the pathological.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  6. #29646

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    After not having brought up the subject for months, they 'suddenly' dug up an old tweet from Jezza, and painted him with it.
    By "they" you actually mean "a labour MP" and by "old tweet" you mean "the fact a formal complaint was ignored for over a year". Stop talking such absolute, complete shit.

    Attack articles get thrown at politicians all the fucking time. When they stick, it's almost always because there's a problem. When they stick time after time after time after time, they're probably right. When they're causing serious electoral problems and the only people left in the room thinking they're part of a grand conspiracy, you've got a fully fledged, tin foil hate bedecked cult of personality echo chamber.

    This is a real problem. Stop saying it is media manufactured.

  7. #29647
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    > says a thing
    > gets asked for proof
    > asks for proof of opposite
    > is djan
    Pretty sure he was making fun of Alistair's identical request in the other thread, I believe Djan knows his shit.

    But he got someone agitated enough to actually post some data in this thread, so op success?
    That was the intention, yes

    In any event it was elmicker that said the thing, but thank you for replying anyway Noir.

  8. #29648
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    After not having brought up the subject for months, they 'suddenly' dug up an old tweet from Jezza, and painted him with it.
    By "they" you actually mean "a labour MP" and by "old tweet" you mean "the fact a formal complaint was ignored for over a year". Stop talking such absolute, complete shit.

    Attack articles get thrown at politicians all the fucking time. When they stick, it's almost always because there's a problem. When they stick time after time after time after time, they're probably right. When they're causing serious electoral problems and the only people left in the room thinking they're part of a grand conspiracy, you've got a fully fledged, tin foil hate bedecked cult of personality echo chamber.

    This is a real problem. Stop saying it is media manufactured.
    when are the tories gonna sort out their racism and antisemitic issues btw?

  9. #29649

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    when are the tories gonna sort out their racism and antisemitic issues btw?
    When satan is skating to work.

  10. #29650

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,143
    How's the Northern Ireland border question doing?

  11. #29651

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    How's the Northern Ireland border question doing?
    It's fucked. There's no politically acceptable solution (because "brexit means brexit", natch) and any resulting border would be amongst the most complex borders on the planet, in a place where there has functionally never been a border before, between two countries that have never had to have real borders.

  12. #29652

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,143
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    How's the Northern Ireland border question doing?
    It's fucked. There's no politically acceptable solution (because "brexit means brexit", natch) and any resulting border would be amongst the most complex borders on the planet, in a place where there has functionally never been a border before, between two countries that have never had to have real borders.
    That pretty much explains why the focus is now on whose dog salutes who instead of trying for a deal on the big boogeyman.

  13. #29653

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,614
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    After not having brought up the subject for months, they 'suddenly' dug up an old tweet from Jezza, and painted him with it.
    By "they" you actually mean "a labour MP" and by "old tweet" you mean "the fact a formal complaint was ignored for over a year". Stop talking such absolute, complete shit.

    Attack articles get thrown at politicians all the fucking time. When they stick, it's almost always because there's a problem. When they stick time after time after time after time, they're probably right. When they're causing serious electoral problems and the only people left in the room thinking they're part of a grand conspiracy, you've got a fully fledged, tin foil hate bedecked cult of personality echo chamber.

    This is a real problem. Stop saying it is media manufactured.
    when are the tories gonna sort out their racism and antisemitic issues btw?
    Incidentally, the Muslim Council of Britain asked the Tories for a meeting recently, to discuss Isloamophobia in the party. The Tories refused.

    Compare and contrast of the media coverage of that, with the media coverage of Corbyn's meetings with assorted Jewish groups.

  14. #29654
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,216
    Somebody mentioned the Swedish Norwegian border somewhere recently.

    Having never looked at it (and I bet none of you have really) does anybody know how this single market/non single market land border works?
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  15. #29655
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    After not having brought up the subject for months, they 'suddenly' dug up an old tweet from Jezza, and painted him with it.
    By "they" you actually mean "a labour MP" and by "old tweet" you mean "the fact a formal complaint was ignored for over a year". Stop talking such absolute, complete shit.

    Attack articles get thrown at politicians all the fucking time. When they stick, it's almost always because there's a problem. When they stick time after time after time after time, they're probably right. When they're causing serious electoral problems and the only people left in the room thinking they're part of a grand conspiracy, you've got a fully fledged, tin foil hate bedecked cult of personality echo chamber.

    This is a real problem. Stop saying it is media manufactured.
    when are the tories gonna sort out their racism and antisemitic issues btw?
    Incidentally, the Muslim Council of Britain asked the Tories for a meeting recently, to discuss Isloamophobia in the party. The Tories refused.

    Compare and contrast of the media coverage of that, with the media coverage of Corbyn's meetings with assorted Jewish groups.

    compare and contrast the image of a jewish labour MP having to be supported/escorted to a hearing on antisemitism in the labour party to shield her from labour activists

    i didn't need to say compare and contrast, just felt right

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43892227 (a link from the horrifically right wing, labour-hating BBC)

  16. #29656

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Having never looked at it (and I bet none of you have really) does anybody know how this single market/non single market land border works?
    Norway is in the single market and the Schengen area. The politically motivated agreements being considered by May and her Merry Band Of Brexiteers would have us even less integrated than the likes of Turkey.

  17. #29657
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Somebody mentioned the Swedish Norwegian border somewhere recently.

    Having never looked at it (and I bet none of you have really) does anybody know how this single market/non single market land border works?
    The nordics have an old agreement of free movement in scandinavia.

  18. #29658
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,216
    How does the customs bit work? Because if it works fairly flawlessly then im going to call the Northern Ireland border problem a crock of shit and we can fix it easily.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  19. #29659
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Somebody mentioned the Swedish Norwegian border somewhere recently.

    Having never looked at it (and I bet none of you have really) does anybody know how this single market/non single market land border works?
    Funny that you have to keep asking Remainers all the hard questions about how europe works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #29660
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    There are random checkpoints and such. And some gods art supposed to be moved in to large quantities.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •