hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1480 of 1678 FirstFirst ... 4809801380143014701477147814791480148114821483149015301580 ... LastLast
Results 29,581 to 29,600 of 33543

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Don't you fucking spoil Take Hart for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Don't you like Paki's?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Don't you like Paki's?
    racist

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    I like how Sajid Javid is referred to as "an experienced minister, who has been at several departments without major calamities".

Just like I feel at ease when the doctor operating me is told "to be an experienced dude, who ain't killed nobody yet".
    if we're talking somebody doing trauma surgery in a emergency room i'd take it tbh.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I might add "worked without major calamities" to my LinkedIn profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I like how Sajid Javid is referred to as "an experienced minister, who has been at several departments without major calamities".

Just like I feel at ease when the doctor operating me is told "to be an experienced dude, who ain't killed nobody yet".
    if we're talking somebody doing trauma surgery in a emergency room i'd take it tbh.
    There's colleagues that I recommend on those grounds 'solid, unlikely to kill anyone by accident'. A tendency to not fuck up is basically a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

There's colleagues that I recommend on those grounds 'solid, unlikely to kill anyone by accident'. A tendency to not fuck up is basically a super power.
    What about "unlikely to kill anyone on purpose"? or are you only concerned with accidental deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

What about "unlikely to kill anyone on purpose"? or are you only concerned with accidental deaths?
    They probably deserved it.

But the description if they're likely to commit unjustified killings includes the word 'clocktower' as in 'nah mate, let's just say that I wouldn't be going outside if I saw him heading up a clocktower'.

We're finally going to force the overseas territories to publish a register of beneficial ownership. This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    We're finally going to force the overseas territories to publish a register of beneficial ownership. This is awesome.
    How did the tories let this happen?

Or, were the sacrifices of the Windrush generation in the service of a noble cause afterall?

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    How did the tories let this happen?

Or, were the sacrifices of the Windrush generation in the service of a noble cause afterall?
    Supportive Tories (omg wat! /s) and would have lost a vote.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Gonna be huge flows of money headed for the non British havens.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...P=share_btn_tw

The Hodge/Mitchell amendment requires the 14 overseas territories, including the financial centres of the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands, to introduce public ownership registers by the end of 2020 or face having them imposed by the UK government.

The problem is the non British havens are a lot less reliable.

There is apparently a ‘House of Lords’ which should be abolished immediately, a Brexiter has discovered.

Following yesterday’s government defeat on the EU withdrawal bill, Stephen Malley of Uttoxeter has added the second chamber of parliament to his list of institutions which must be destroyed.

He said: “Two legislative bodies in a single building? Who knew?

“This is like when I found out we have an independent judiciary all over again. And then there was the unpleasant shock of Northern Ireland.

“I’m learning a lot on this whole Brexit journey, though of course sadly most of that knowledge’s useless because they’re all traitors who’ll be tried and exiled for their crimes fairly shortly.

“All we need is one supreme ruler for life and the people will decide everything else by referendum. Which we’ve had. In 2016. And we’re not having another one because we won.

“It’s called democracy. Fuck off if you don’t like it.”
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I'm skeptical that ownership registers will actually do anything, most of the /bad/ money avoids the crown dependencies anyway v0v

I'm even more skeptical that the UK could compel us to do it unilaterally, but I guess we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'm skeptical that ownership registers will actually do anything, most of the /bad/ money avoids the crown dependencies anyway v0v

I'm even more skeptical that the UK could compel us to do it unilaterally, but I guess we'll see
    lol

Step 1: do as you're fucking told

Step 2: dry your eyes and read up what "dependency" means
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Step 1: do as you're fucking told

Step 2: dry your eyes and read up what "dependency" means
    I'll believe it when I see it, the UK's actual track record of meddling with our government isn't particularly stellar (didn't Cameron/Blair try to do the same thing and give up?)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; May 2 2018 at 12:44:41 AM.