hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1224 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 2247241124117412141221122212231224
Results 24,461 to 24,464 of 24464

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Bloody government. Starting Crossrail 2 from London makes sense. But sneaking out the announcement that they're cancelling major upgrades to the existing (Northern) network just seems designed to lose what support their is for the scheme. They seem to feel obligated to add a reminder that they're bastards to every decision they make.
    Do you mean Crossrail 2 or HS2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Bloody government. Starting Crossrail 2 from London makes sense. But sneaking out the announcement that they're cancelling major upgrades to the existing (Northern) network just seems designed to lose what support their is for the scheme. They seem to feel obligated to add a reminder that they're bastards to every decision they make.
    Do you mean Crossrail 2 or HS2?
    HS2. Got my wires crossed there. Should have said I'm in favour of HS2 but canceling upgrades to the network while also okaying Crossrail 2 will only further criticism about London being favoured at the expense of the rest of the country.

I'm not entirely unopposed to the cancellation of some of the electrification. The stuff they can do in the newer trains with combined diesel/electric propulsion would deliver huge benefits and electrification is enormously disruptive.

Throwing out the news on trash day and then covering it with a crossrail 2 announcement to keep the london media happy, however, is duplicitous as fuck.

it's a bit sad, but seeing my government at least manage generic governmental deception is a small relief after a year of retarded clown fiesta incompetence. it helps me believe that at least there actually is a government and we're not all existing in a state of self organising anarchy.... right? guys?