hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 874 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 374774824864871872873874875876877884924974 ... LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,480 of 23266

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Cutting edge PPB here..

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

But comrade, the triple lock is wealth redistribution towards the rich.
    Capitalism is wealth redistribution to the rich.

Labour either get completely destroyed by this election or they challenge the electorate enough to cause a general shift to the left. I'm not much of a fan of accelerationism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Since Warpath is link botting it up....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/general-el...102200143.html

Remember when the Tories said they'd cut immigration to the "tens of thousands" level, shortly before they fucking didn't?

Shit like this is why I get so angry when people get all anti-left. Because the Tories lie. And lie. And lie. And lie some fucking more.

And the papers roll over and fucking take it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Cutting edge PPB here..

Holy shit that's fucking horrible. How many primary schools even have 10 teachers, let alone can still function after losing 10 teachers?
    Last edited by Larkonis Trassler; April 21 2017 at 06:14:45 PM.

I know right. Teachers were never that fit in my day.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Super Moderator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Cutting edge PPB here..

Holy shit that's fucking horrible.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what the fuck is that

Christ, how the fuck do Labour make creating a PPB look so difficult.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Moderator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Christ, how the fuck do Labour make creating a PPB look so difficult.
    that is fucking awful, like media studies gcse awful

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what the fuck is that
    That is what happens when your communications office is run by Seumas Milne.

Well those kids look convinced. Labour 2032 here we come!

That's pretty standard PPB fare really. Surprised you can't remember given we get elections every year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    That's pretty standard PPB fare really. Surprised you can't remember given we get elections every year now.
    Those Green party ones with kids spoiled us.

It's so much weaker than any I remember.

The tory PPB will be full of nationalist rhetoric, pandering to the ideas of solidarity and strength and a positive 'toil and hard work will get us through these times' narrative. The back drop will be people getting on with life with blue skies and sunshine in the background and a frenchman getting beaten to death with Greggs sausage rolls.

This labour one is just negative, weak and pathetic. The policy positions are shoe horned into the script. Why the fuck would you discuss party politics with a primary school class? The whole scenario is obscene. They'd have been better off setting it in a parent teacher meeting with a white van man hearing about how his kid is in a class of 40 and then having a rant about the tories cutting the schools budget. Switch to him wiping his demented mothers arse from the converted garage she has to live in and then he falls off a ladder and dies in a corridor next to an over capacity ward. End screen "the tories did this".

It isn't fucking difficult.

The tory PPB will be full of nationalist rhetoric, pandering to the ideas of solidarity and strength and a positive 'toil and hard work will get us through these times' narrative. The back drop will be people getting on with life with blue skies and sunshine in the background and a frenchman getting beaten to death with Greggs sausage rolls.

This labour one is just negative, weak and pathetic. The policy positions are shoe horned into the script. Why the fuck would you discuss party politics with a primary school class? The whole scenario is obscene. They'd have been better off setting it in a parent teacher meeting with a white van man hearing about how his kid is in a class of 40 and then having a rant about the tories cutting the schools budget. Switch to him wiping his demented mothers arse from the converted garage she has to live in and then he falls off a ladder and dies in a corridor next to an over capacity ward. End screen "the tories did this".

I'm not saying it is good but they're mostly somewhat like this especially policy focused ones.

You're right the Tory one will basically make out that JC is basically Stalin and kills babies and everyone here will laud it as excellent advertising.

I'm not saying it is good but they're mostly somewhat like this especially policy focused ones.

You're right the Tory one will basically make out that JC is basically Stalin and kills babies and everyone here will laud it as excellent advertising.
    The tories are the party of big business, you don't become a big business with shit marketing and sales. It will be vacuous, full of bullshit and awful. But it'll help them win votes.

The tories are the party of big business, you don't become a big business with shit marketing and sales. It will be vacuous, full of bullshit and awful. But it'll help them win votes.
    Well yeah, when you've got the backing of billionaires and big corporates you can afford to splash out on a big ad agency. And St Theresa has had months to plan this wheras Labour is probably having to make do with what it's got.

https://twitter.com/labour_history/s...39574326775811

20 years to the day since Labour broadcast a slightly more positive version of almost exactly this.

Well yeah, when you've got the backing of billionaires and big corporates you can afford to splash out on a big ad agency. And St Theresa has had months to plan this wheras Labour is probably having to make do with what it's got.
    Anyone in politics that hasn't had a contingency plan for an early election in place since the day Cameron resigned deserves to be taken out and shot. And, for what it's worth, Labour was supposedly doing exactly that, including putting aside 4M to fight the election. It's not that they're "making do", it's that the professional back office staff have left in droves after constant attacks from certain sections of the political wing and constant failures to heed advice or involve the staff in decision making. What's left is kids and dyed-in-the-wool lefties who don't know how to communicate.
    Last edited by elmicker; April 21 2017 at 07:53:20 PM.

And St Theresa has had months to plan this
    Seem to remember Corbyn saying he was putting the party on an election footing soon after the referendum? Yet he doesn't even seem to have enough candidates in place and is begging on Twitter for people to put their names forwards?

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Government education policies and how people from my generation raised their kids.
    Interesting.

Not as interesting as how hard done by you feel when you can comfortably afford to survive but other parts of society who can't deride you for it.

You surely realise that not everyone can work in your industry? And that people in dying labour markets are going to have a level of jealousy when it comes to the perceived favouritism from government/society/industry for that industry?
    Well, I think I blame government education policies for not helping with that either. We really do suck at retraining and creating some agility in our workforce (hurt durr, wonder why). I, for one, think we be much better off with freely available retraining that was actually massively effective at transferring digital enablement skills to people who just don't have the privilege of growing up with a decent education. It's sad how much of that there is in the US. We really have no fucking excuse.

That said, there already is a thriving global economy in this and a lot of people in developing countries are being lifted the fuck up but I guess globalization sucks too. People in the first world are competing with them too.