hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1601 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 601110115011551159115981599160016011602160316041611 ... LastLast
Results 32,001 to 32,020 of 32324

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #32001
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,258
    Get out with your OP multiplayer bs

  2. #32002
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,439
    hahaha oh wow



    I mean I'm not shocked, considering where they've gone to get these vox pops but still - I can't decide who I like more, the Dad's Army fetishist who wants Donald Trump in charge of negotiations or Flight Leader Make Great Britain Again.

  3. #32003
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,200
    They should be eating BRITISH FOOD anyways, there's no need to import from abroad! Britain can produce all she needs for her subjects! Hire BRITISH too!

    I love the image of Brits perpetually reenacting WWII though, gotta cling to that last vestige of "greatness" for as long as they can since their self worth is so tied up in nationalism
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; August 10 2018 at 10:14:38 AM.

  4. #32004

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    They should be eating BRITISH FOOD anyways, there's no need to import from abroad! Britain can produce all she needs for her subjects! Hire BRITISH too!

    I love the image of Brits perpetually reenacting WWII though, gotta cling to that last vestige of "greatness" for as long as they can since their self worth is so tied up in nationalism
    I loved the quote "hopefully it brings us together like the dark days did"

    Yeah, except this time you brought them on yourself you shitters.

  5. #32005

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,529
    If anyone has a account with the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, could they copy and paste this article on them saying Corbyn should be PM please?

    https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pre...ster-1.6362301

  6. #32006

    Join Date
    September 9, 2013
    Location
    WH Space
    Posts
    588
    How much will the pound drop?

  7. #32007

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    How much will the pound drop?
    Its probably going to leave a crater.

  8. #32008

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    How much will the pound drop?
    In the event of a no deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see parity with the Dollar next April.

  9. #32009
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,198
    you sure it wont nosedive further Rodj?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  10. #32010
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,522
    Parity with the rouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  11. #32011

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    you sure it wont nosedive further Rodj?
    A 30% devaluation in a year is still pretty extreme for a G7 country, and you can expect the BoE will intervene at some point to prop the Pound up, either by selling off foreign currency reserves or (more likely) upping the interest rate.

  12. #32012
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    you sure it wont nosedive further Rodj?
    A 30% devaluation in a year is still pretty extreme for a G7 country, and you can expect the BoE will intervene at some point to prop the Pound up, either by selling off foreign currency reserves or (more likely) upping the interest rate.
    there's limited FX reserves and upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  13. #32013
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,215
    what housing market

  14. #32014
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    you sure it wont nosedive further Rodj?
    A 30% devaluation in a year is still pretty extreme for a G7 country, and you can expect the BoE will intervene at some point to prop the Pound up, either by selling off foreign currency reserves or (more likely) upping the interest rate.
    there's limited FX reserves and upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    Brexit gonna destroy what little remains of the plundered wealth of the British Empire. Maybe they could sell Gibraltar back to Spain for some Euros to prop up their currency.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; August 10 2018 at 02:31:55 PM.

  15. #32015

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.

  16. #32016
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.
    I agree for once, sod these stupid high prices. I want to leave my attic at some point in my life...
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  17. #32017
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,310
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #32018
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.
    this
    can confirm

  19. #32019

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,430
    A person's response to "But that will fuck the housing market!" is a near-perfect determinant for whether they're over or under 35.

  20. #32020
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,975
    Isn't that really more like 40?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •