hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1601 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 601110115011551159115981599160016011602160316041611 ... LastLast
Results 32,001 to 32,020 of 32324

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Get out with your OP multiplayer bs

hahaha oh wow

I mean I'm not shocked, considering where they've gone to get these vox pops but still - I can't decide who I like more, the Dad's Army fetishist who wants Donald Trump in charge of negotiations or Flight Leader Make Great Britain Again.

They should be eating BRITISH FOOD anyways, there's no need to import from abroad! Britain can produce all she needs for her subjects! Hire BRITISH too!

I love the image of Brits perpetually reenacting WWII though, gotta cling to that last vestige of "greatness" for as long as they can since their self worth is so tied up in nationalism
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; August 10 2018 at 10:14:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    They should be eating BRITISH FOOD anyways, there's no need to import from abroad! Britain can produce all she needs for her subjects! Hire BRITISH too!

I love the image of Brits perpetually reenacting WWII though, gotta cling to that last vestige of "greatness" for as long as they can since their self worth is so tied up in nationalism
    I loved the quote "hopefully it brings us together like the dark days did"

Yeah, except this time you brought them on yourself you shitters.

If anyone has a account with the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, could they copy and paste this article on them saying Corbyn should be PM please?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pre...ster-1.6362301

How much will the pound drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Its probably going to leave a crater.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    In the event of a no deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see parity with the Dollar next April.

you sure it wont nosedive further Rodj?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Parity with the rouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    A 30% devaluation in a year is still pretty extreme for a G7 country, and you can expect the BoE will intervene at some point to prop the Pound up, either by selling off foreign currency reserves or (more likely) upping the interest rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    A 30% devaluation in a year is still pretty extreme for a G7 country, and you can expect the BoE will intervene at some point to prop the Pound up, either by selling off foreign currency reserves or (more likely) upping the interest rate.
    there's limited FX reserves and upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    what housing market

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    there's limited FX reserves and upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    Brexit gonna destroy what little remains of the plundered wealth of the British Empire. Maybe they could sell Gibraltar back to Spain for some Euros to prop up their currency.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; August 10 2018 at 02:31:55 PM.

upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    upping the interest rate is going to brutalize your housing market mid-long term.
    good.
    I agree for once, sod these stupid high prices. I want to leave my attic at some point in my life...
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

good.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    good.
    this
    can confirm

A person's response to "But that will fuck the housing market!" is a near-perfect determinant for whether they're over or under 35.

Isn't that really more like 40?