hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1599 of 1683 FirstFirst ... 5991099149915491589159615971598159916001601160216091649 ... LastLast
Results 31,961 to 31,980 of 33650

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I have 7 Blue Flag all-sand beaches within 10 minutes of my house.
    Seems ok tbh, though the rest of the points are reasonable.
    what good is a blue-flagged beach when it's raining 300 days a year tho?
    Not this bloody year
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Not this bloody year
    Well....shit.
    It’s not my fault, we as a nation have no real experience of the sun. Except as a really shit paper.

We, the eu federalists, are just using the HAARP to control weather and ensure that the UK food supply collapses during the hard brexit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    We, the eu federalists, are just using the HAARP to control weather and ensure that the UK food supply collapses during the hard brexit.
    EU federalists aren't nearly as competent as to be able to do that.
    Last edited by Meester; August 8 2018 at 11:15:39 PM.

Not this bloody year
    Well....shit.
    It’s not my fault, we as a nation have no real experience of the sun. Except as a really shit paper.
    yea, the screaming red color of every british tourist i've encountered underline that just fine.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Speaking of food, I hope you weren't a fan of bananas, citrus, etc. Cause you aren't getting any for a while. It's alright though, you can eat traditional British food like potatoes, carrots, peas, etc instead of disgusting foreign food. RULE BRITANNIA!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Speaking of food, I hope you weren't a fan of bananas, citrus, etc. Cause you aren't getting any for a while. It's alright though, you can eat traditional British food like potatoes, carrots, peas, etc instead of disgusting foreign food. RULE BRITANNIA!
    Bananas don't tend to grow in the EU as a whole, possibly in an overseas territory like French Guiana and Mauritius.

Only a complete idiot will think we won't have bananas and oranges. Global trade not EU trade

Let me tell you a story from the times of the GDR.
    It's political choices and weak currency meant that bananas where a rare luxury item in the '80s.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I am thankful at least that the UK is going to become a cheap holiday destination. Silver lining.
    why would you ever go on a holiday to the UK though ?

Weather's shit, Food's shit, beaches are shit because the weather is shit, it just recently voted itself into complete irrelevance...

i mean why?
    We have some really good beaches, due largely to EU regulations on where you can dump your sewage.

Oh.

I don't actually like bananas, so Brexit holds no fears for me. Great success!

Does that mean you also dislike banoffee pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Does that mean you also dislike banoffee pie?
    To be fair, i can make an exception for that. Can be pretty tasty.

But i'd rather go for a good salted caramel cheesecake.

I am thankful at least that the UK is going to become a cheap holiday destination. Silver lining.

Weather's shit, Food's shit, beaches are shit because the weather is shit, it just recently voted itself into complete irrelevance...

i mean why?
    Cricket, pubs, quality discussion about shit weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Your obsession with EU federalists is weird, they represent about 10% of remain voters.

Just because brexit narratives have been high jacked by disaster capitalists and you've suddenly all swung to hard brexiteers doesn't mean you should assume all remainers were equally duped into becoming federalists. Most were pretty happy with the status quo.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Your obsession with EU federalists is weird, they represent about 10% of remain voters.

Just because brexit narratives have been high jacked by disaster capitalists and you've suddenly all swung to hard brexiteers doesn't mean you should assume all remainers were equally duped into becoming federalists. Most were pretty happy with the status quo.
    Correction: very few remainers were pretty happy with the status quo.

The vast majority of remain voters weren't. They didn't think the EU was perfect either. They wanted it to change, and some wanted the relationship to the EU to change as well (such as the federalists, a minute minority, then and now, really).

They just didn't think that leaving the EU was a viable strategy of effecting that change. That leaving wouldn't actually change anything for the EU, but be a massively negative change for the UK (economic and otherwise). Which is exactly how it has turned out so far.

All IMHO ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

The status quo for Britains' relationship with the EU has been pushing for incremental changes and moaning about it all the time.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

>duped
    >implying it isn't the only future which holds any hope of success

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

>duped
    >implying it isn't the only future which holds any hope of success
    No neoliberal future holds hope of success.

i mean why?
    "Weather's shit" is a very subjective argument. I personally don't like bright light, so the stereotype British weather is "good weather" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

i mean why?
    "Weather's shit" is a very subjective argument. I personally don't like bright light, so the stereotype British weather is "good weather" to me.
    Liar is Danish. If the air doesn't smell like pigshit, it's crap weather.