hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1511 of 1679 FirstFirst ... 51110111411146115011508150915101511151215131514152115611611 ... LastLast
Results 30,201 to 30,220 of 33562

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

With any luck he'll douse himself in petrol and self immolate on the steps of Number 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    China is now starting to care that there will be a world with an environment worth living in after the west tears itself apart and China becomes the first truly global empire.
    I mean don't get me wrong but I'm quite sure UK was the first truly global empire.
    I mean, don't get me wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, up until now Genghis Khan created the largest empire in mankind's history. One might argue the "global" bit, but given how much inhabitants of different continents knew about/interacted with the other, I'd qualify it also as "global".
    Alexander?
    Not even close. And compared to the British Empire at the height of its colonialism, neither was Genghis Khan, even if you attribute to him the entirety of Asia's surface area.

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires
    OK, I guess the Mongols were up there, but the Brits still beat his record by almost 50% more.
    Roger that. I seem to remember the Mongols took #1 spot, but I stand corrected. Thank you, Sir.

But the Britons didn't manage to wipe out ~11% of the world's population while building that empire. Beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Listen, you moron, what is that even supposed to say?

This far I've heard a lot of words from the Chinese, lots of promises: but seen pretty little willingness to actually make the hard decisions.

First, if you can't understand that graph, don't worry, but I'm not going to listen to your half baked opinions, because if you can't read a fucking graph, you have very little chance with anything more complicated, for example, China.

Second, you may want to refrain from "Listen, you moron." unless you've got fat fingers and you are actually replying to a mormon and have made some kind of a typo... that shit doesn't really make me, or anyone, want to read your low level tripe.

Thirdly, your last statement (And the only thing that I read past the moron bit) reads like a fucking trump tweet.

I'm not going to add anything to that, but as you may well be a Trump supporter it should be clear that I meant the above as an insult.

China is now starting to care that there will be a world with an environment worth living in after the west tears itself apart and China becomes the first truly global empire.
    I mean don't get me wrong but I'm quite sure UK was the first truly global empire.
    I mean, don't get me wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, up until now Genghis Khan created the largest empire in mankind's history. One might argue the "global" bit, but given how much inhabitants of different continents knew about/interacted with the other, I'd qualify it also as "global".
    Alexander?
    Not even close. And compared to the British Empire at the height of its colonialism, neither was Genghis Khan, even if you attribute to him the entirety of Asia's surface area.

OK, I guess the Mongols were up there, but the Brits still beat his record by almost 50% more.
    Roger that. I seem to remember the Mongols took #1 spot, but I stand corrected. Thank you, Sir.

But the Britons didn't manage to wipe out ~11% of the world's population while building that empire. Beat that!
    I mean, I'll give our britbongs massive shit for their colonial practices, but "At least the British left schools" is a real saying in Africa.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    I'm not going to add anything to that, but as you may well be a Trump supporter it should be clear that I meant the above as an insult.
    This is hilarious coming from the guy spewing reactionary rhetoric in this very thread not all that long ago.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

This far I've heard a lot of words from the Chinese, lots of promises: but seen pretty little willingness to actually make the hard decisions.

First, if you can't understand that graph, don't worry, but I'm not going to listen to your half baked opinions, because if you can't read a fucking graph, you have very little chance with anything more complicated, for example, China.

Second, you may want to refrain from "Listen, you moron." unless you've got fat fingers and you are actually replying to a mormon and have made some kind of a typo... that shit doesn't really make me, or anyone, want to read your low level tripe.

Thirdly, your last statement (And the only thing that I read past the moron bit) reads like a fucking trump tweet.

Good job proving his point, moron

Bore off you two, I'm sure the man has the mental capacity to defend himself.

Alexander?

You mean, wipe away 11% and replace with his own genes ~10% of the world population today can trace their ancestry to Genghis Khan, the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Bore off you two, I'm sure the man has the mental capacity to defend himself.
    I wasn't defending him.

So, for all your usual splerging, you're not going to tell anyone what that graph has to do with China's environmental record.

Which, for all the words and promises, was, is, and remains abysmal.

OK then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Alexander?

You mean, wipe away 11% and replace with his own genes ~10% of the world population today can trace their ancestry to Genghis Khan, the man.
    You are off by about 10%

Zerjal et al. (2003) identified a Y-chromosomal lineage present in about 8% of the men in a region of Asia "stretching from northeast China to Uzbekistan" (about 0.5% of the world total), which would be around 16 million men at the time of publication, "if [Zerjal et al's] sample is representative."
    (emphasis mine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descen...n#DNA_evidence
    nevar forget

Never let truth get in the way of a good story!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Alexander?

You are off by about 10%

Zerjal et al. (2003) identified a Y-chromosomal lineage present in about 8% of the men in a region of Asia "stretching from northeast China to Uzbekistan" (about 0.5% of the world total), which would be around 16 million men at the time of publication, "if [Zerjal et al's] sample is representative."
    (emphasis mine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descen...n#DNA_evidence
    Given the number of generations between then and now, that's not that impressive.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; June 7 2018 at 03:11:16 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Our empire was better

We were fancy

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Our empire was better

We were fancy
    Better hats for sure.

Almost as brutal but not quite there.

I bet the Mongols never helped out the locals by giving them diesease-ridden blankets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I bet the Mongols never helped out the locals by giving them diesease-ridden blankets.
    no, they had enough balls to do their genocides up front and center, with sword in hand.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    no, they had enough balls to do their genocides up front and center, with sword in hand.
    Actually they threw their disease ridden corpses over the walls of cities they besieged and thus brought the Black Death to Europe. So basically, they did to us what we would do to the Americans 150-200 years later.

Some studies indicate that the Black Death that devastated Europe in the late 1340s may have traveled from China to Europe along the trade routes of the Mongol Empire. In 1347, the Genoese possessor of Caffa, a great trade emporium on the Crimean Peninsula, came under siege by an army of Mongol warriors under the command of Janibeg. After a protracted siege during which the Mongol army was reportedly withering from disease, they decided to use the infected corpses as a biological weapon. The corpses were catapulted over the city walls, infecting the inhabitants.[123] The Genoese traders fled, transferring the plague via their ships into the south of Europe, from where it rapidly spread. The total number of deaths worldwide from the pandemic is estimated at 75–200 million with up to 50 million deaths in Europe alone.[124]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Empire#Legacy
    nevar forget

well OK, but Genghis also had small hands, could be a coincidence, but I'm just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.