hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1381 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711378137913801381138213831384139114311481 ... LastLast
Results 27,601 to 27,620 of 29941

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    then you're not fiscally conservative.
    So what am I? Genuinely interested as you seem to know far more about this than I.
    Confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    So what am I? Genuinely interested as you seem to know far more about this than I.
    Confused?
    Well, evidently.

Liberals think sticking everything into market systems fixes everything because muh competition. Then everything gets games by those who own capital to produce extreme inequality.

This extreme inequality then becomes a perfect breeding ground for far right sentiment. This breeding ground is also further fanned by liberals who spend huge amount of resources virtue signalling by pretending the real issue is not enough female CEOs or making sure black people can also exploit the working class.

Being fiscally conservative means you think the market allocates wages from productive work fairly and therefore anything the government does to redistribute is a blight on the perfect labour market. Or you simply don't care about the distribution being fair as long you have sufficient slice of the pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I really think that the English world gets a bit confused with left and right , in my shitty country at least we do have allot more shades of grey.

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Liberals think sticking everything into market systems fixes everything because muh competition.
    No they don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

The various labels are so misused that they have become almost worthless (and yes I am also guilty here).

To me a fiscal conservative is one who wishes to restrict the role of Government in the operation of the economy. These are not libertarians (who are also not liberals) who want some rule of the jungle crap with no restrictions or regulations. Instead they are people who don't want the Government to use it powers to pick winners and losers in the economy.

But it is a very broad church so collectivist labels fail to capture the range of beliefs.

I am probably fiscal conservative. I am opposed to Governments bailing out big corporations who are "too big to fail" and strongly believe that they should never have been allow to get that large in the first place. I am opposed to the use of IP (excessive use like Disney) to suppress competition in the market. I am opposed to regulation being used to achieve the same thing. I am also opposed to deficit spending that is not being used to moderate the impact of a recession because uncontrolled deficits are an equity issue where today lives on the hog while charging it all to the future to pay off.

Note this doesn't mean that I am opposed to regulation nor the Government having a role in areas the private sector either won't do or couldn't be trusted to do (law and defense are biggies).

To me a liberal is a person who believes in the freedom to do and say what you want as long as it does not infringe on other peoples' equal rights. It is a belief in equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. It is anti-authoritarian with a healthy mistrust of Government power and those who seek to abuse it.

So liberals are naturally opposed to corporatists, and both globalist and nationalist authoritarians.

After all that is why our main right-of-centre political party in Oz is called the Liberals, even if they increasingly are going down the misuse of Government power route.

But it is clearly shades of grey as many political ideologies have overlapping tenets to a degree. And we live in an age where terms are hijacked and applied to groups who have nothing to do with that term.

Liberals think sticking everything into market systems fixes everything because muh competition. Then everything gets games by those who own capital to produce extreme inequality.

This extreme inequality then becomes a perfect breeding ground for far right sentiment. This breeding ground is also further fanned by liberals who spend huge amount of resources virtue signalling by pretending the real issue is not enough female CEOs or making sure black people can also exploit the working class.

Being fiscally conservative means you think the market allocates wages from productive work fairly and therefore anything the government does to redistribute is a blight on the perfect labour market. Or you simply don't care about the distribution being fair as long you have sufficient slice of the pie.
    You mean "neo liberal capitalists" right?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    C U L T U R A L M A R X I S M

Confused?
    Well, evidently.
    The problem is that linguistic inflation means that Americans think that liberal basically means communist, and certain types in the UK are starting to follow suit.

Traditionally, liberals in the UK were akin to what would now be called centrists.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 11 2018 at 03:07:10 PM.

Confused?
    Well, evidently.
    The problem is that linguistic inflation means that Americans think that liberal basically means communist, and certain types in the UK are starting to follow suit.

Traditionally, liberals in the UK were akin to what would now be called centrists.
    Yeh that's what i thought, being a left centrist (i think, not entirely sure anymore with all the label flux) i'm now not really sure.

Labour, a serious party of government (unless you are a straight white male)

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

It is kinda impressive how far up their own assholes they've managed push their heads in.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Its fine, you can just self define as one of those groups

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Or all of them.

As much as it is stupid, and yes, it's monumentally stupid, it's Young Labour, not Labour. Student politics is not exactly known for rational, well thought out decisions.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Good to see its not only the young conservatives that play up to the worst stereotypes of their parent party

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

https://order-order.com/

You idiotic cretinous wanker, this is your source?

Regardless of that, Young Labour and other youth politics groups have been doing this for ages, the entire fucking point is to provide groups that a historically underrepresented in politics with a platform.

Now, lets go and see what the Young Tories have been up to...

wait, what do you mean there aren't any?
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; February 11 2018 at 05:05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

https://order-order.com/

You idiotic cretinous wanker, this is your source?

Regardless of that, Young Labour and other youth politics groups have been doing this for ages, the entire fucking point is to provide groups that a historically underrepresented in politics with a platform.

Now, lets go and see what the Young Tories have been up to...

wait, what do you mean there aren't any?
    Can you imagine the grief that the Tory press would give them if they unveiled their diversity tsar and it was a middle-aged hetero white bloke?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Liberals think sticking everything into market systems fixes everything because muh competition.
    No they don't
    no, it's just a global trend that they're busy selling off every piece of public infrastructure they can get their hands on to their mates under the guise of "magical market competition solves everything!"
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.