hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1380 of 1607 FirstFirst ... 3808801280133013701377137813791380138113821383139014301480 ... LastLast
Results 27,581 to 27,600 of 32128

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Just give Ulster to Ireland. That way at least some good will come out of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Eh, it doesn't make them less right though.

Liberals are just as bad as the type of reactionary idiots who support right wing groups, they are complete enablers.
    No they arent
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I'm not sure what a liberal is anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    "I like weed but hate poor people"
    "I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

What if you hate weed (with a passion) but want to see it legalised and desperately seek to improve life for the poor but at the same time you consider yourself fiscally conservative?
    Genuinely interested.

What if you hate weed (with a passion) but want to see it legalised and desperately seek to improve life for the poor but at the same time you consider yourself fiscally conservative?
    Genuinely interested.
    You stay out of politics, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

No, that's just a right winger who wants to get high.

"I think the government should spend money on infrastructure rather than aircraft carriers"
    "I think the government has a duty to make their best effort to ensure that everyone gets fair opportunities, even if they're not the same sexuality/gender as keckers"
    "Rich people should pay a greater share of their income in taxation than poor people, and all non-personal property should be considered potentially taxable"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Eh, it doesn't make them less right though.

Liberals are just as bad as the type of reactionary idiots who support right wing groups, they are complete enablers.
    No they arent
    Keckers in hilarious 'they're both the same' scenes.

No, they fucking aren't "just as bad". Doesn't mean i agree with everything or love it all but saying it's the same as a reactionary right wing cunt is being a disingenuous asshole to the extreme.

Genuinely interested.
    then you've got no idea how society's economic framework functions, being fiscally conservative means lowering government spending and taxation while improving life for the poor implies significant wealth transfers from rich to poor that, in reality, can only happen trough taxation.

you want to have and eat the cake at the same time, this is not practically possible.

"I think the government should spend money on infrastructure rather than aircraft carriers"
    "I think the government has a duty to make their best effort to ensure that everyone gets fair opportunities, even if they're not the same sexuality/gender as keckers"
    "Rich people should pay a greater share of their income in taxation than poor people, and all non-personal property should be considered potentially taxable"
    congratulations, you're a social liberal, now carry your reasoning to the end and see why a market economy can't actually ever reasonably deliver on any of that, pro-tip, Money = Power.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Genuinely interested.
    then you've got no idea how society's economic framework functions, being fiscally conservative means lowering government spending and taxation while improving life for the poor implies significant wealth transfers from rich to poor that, in reality, can only happen trough taxation.

you want to have and eat the cake at the same time, this is not practically possible.

congratulations, you're a social liberal, now carry your reasoning to the end and see why a market economy can't actually ever reasonably deliver on any of that, pro-tip, Money = Power.
    It makes me laugh every time someone says that, when there are multiple Nordic examples of it working.

Am now anticipating rapidly moving goalposts.

except they aren't, they're being gradually disassembled much like you see in the UK.

i know, i fucking live here.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Genuinely interested.

I'm not averse to raising taxation, my views have changed in relation to that.

then you're not fiscally conservative.
    Viking, n.:

So what am I? Genuinely interested as you seem to know far more about this than I.

So what am I? Genuinely interested as you seem to know far more about this than I.
    he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

It used to be that being fiscally conservative meant running a balanced budget amongst other things.

But these days it's only the social liberals that does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Just give Ulster to Ireland. That way at least some good will come out of Brexit.
    That is a good way to start a war in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    he doesn't
    No, what Liare is saying is exactly what fiscally conservative means these days, blame whoever you wish but thsts how it seems to be. Maybe let's quickly describe positions instead of using handy labels that get changed for random purposes every few years.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    he doesn't
    No, what Liare is saying is exactly what fiscally conservative means these days, blame whoever you wish but thsts how it seems to be. Maybe let's quickly describe positions instead of using handy labels that get changed for random purposes every few years.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Yeh the labels are really starting to confuse me.