hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1554 of 1554 FirstFirst ... 55410541454150415441551155215531554
Results 31,061 to 31,069 of 31069

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #31061
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    So they just picked up some random bottle? They probably have no link to Russians what so ever?

    Fucking hell
    The decision to employ such an incredibly noxious substance in a public place meant collateral damage was always likely. I remember reading how sloppy they were with handling their polonium - so I'm more surprised they haven't hurt more bystanders by now.

  2. #31062

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Speaking of Corbyn & where he is lately: he was at the Trafalger Square protest giving a speech earlier. Was it any good? BBC showed an aerial overshot of the crowd & said he was speaking; but then cut to an empty doorway that Trump might have been about to walk in/out of in the next 30 minutes instead.
    I was there.

    Trafalgar Square had sufficient people in it for the police to start diverting protestors into Whitehall, so a good turnout.

    Some excellent creativity with placards was also on display.

  3. #31063
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #31064

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,673
    What's good, UK? How's that brexit thing going?

    Brexodus intensifies

  5. #31065
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,206
    Terribly. But it might destroy the tories so swings and roundabouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #31066
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Anytime anyone attacks the BBC for bias towards one side or the other then I know that they are talking bollocks.

  7. #31067
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Anytime anyone attacks the BBC for bias towards one side or the other then I know that they are talking bollocks.
    The BBC as an institution is pretty unbiased, or at least tries to be.

    Individual writers/producers/editors can (and do) have their own bias.

    Separating the criticism of each is a useful skill.

  8. #31068
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Anytime anyone attacks the BBC for bias towards one side or the other then I know that they are talking bollocks.
    The BBC as an institution is pretty unbiased, or at least tries to be.

    Individual writers/producers/editors can (and do) have their own bias.

    Separating the criticism of each is a useful skill.
    Yes the institution is unbiased. Allowing varying views is the substance of neutrality.

  9. #31069
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Anytime anyone attacks the BBC for bias towards one side or the other then I know that they are talking bollocks.
    The BBC as an institution is pretty unbiased, or at least tries to be.

    Individual writers/producers/editors can (and do) have their own bias.

    Separating the criticism of each is a useful skill.
    Yes the institution is unbiased. Allowing varying views is the substance of neutrality.
    That doesn't mean that certain BBC employees don't have overt bias though

    Then again, you gobble up Daily Heil propaganda so who knows

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •