hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1513 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 51310131413146315031510151115121513151415151516152315631613 ... LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,260 of 32325

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    At least Brexit will mean the UK has a strong Meme economy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44412025
    Even more so once Comrade Corbyn seizes the memes of production.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    there are rumblings here (Jersey) about how the UK haven't actually told us anything about our status post-Brexit, along with various interpretations of our right to self determination vis a vis the Lisbon Treaty
    I'm surprised it's taken these colonies that long to get worried. Last i heard, Gibraltar are under the assumption that it's going to be business as usual with unfettered access to Euro Markets once Brexit is done and dusted and we have left Europe - IIRC they voted quite strongly to leave too.

Brexit does mean Brexit, after all.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    there are rumblings here (Jersey) about how the UK haven't actually told us anything about our status post-Brexit, along with various interpretations of our right to self determination vis a vis the Lisbon Treaty
    I'm surprised it's taken these colonies that long to get worried. Last i heard, Gibraltar are under the assumption that it's going to be business as usual with unfettered access to Euro Markets once Brexit is done and dusted and we have left Europe - IIRC they voted quite strongly to leave too.

We've had local election shenanigans (Chief Minister cut a deal with the commie "burn it all down" Reform party in order to get elected) which has distracted people, the last drama involved sending a bunch of toffs off to parliament so we got taken off the Finance disclosure thing.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

wrong way around, gibraltar voted something like 95% to remain.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

Reminds me of the Falklands vote where only 11 muppets wanted to join Argentina

Ah my bad sorry. Still, they are fucked either way. I seriously doubt the EU will grant them special access to the (insurance? or is that Jersey?) markets next year.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Reminds me of the Falklands vote where only 11 muppets wanted to join Argentina
    With the difference that joining Argentina would be bad for their standard of living most likely, whereas for Gibraltar being in the EU is probably more important than being part of the UK.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Ah my bad sorry. Still, they are fucked either way. I seriously doubt the EU will grant them special access to the (insurance? or is that Jersey?) markets next year.
    It's half that and half that a hard border with Spain will effectively kill the colony overnight.

It's half that and half that a hard border with Spain will effectively kill the colony overnight.
    Franco held a pretty hard border there for 20-30 years...

Franco held a pretty hard border there for 20-30 years...
    I don't think that's really comparable, Spain effectively besieged them under Franco, not the entire EU

Brexit in Gibraltar even has its own wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect...t_on_Gibraltar

(I find it somewhat amusing that they've put a hell of a lot more thought into it than we have)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; June 9 2018 at 01:42:35 PM.

Yeah, Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to remain and it's funny how quiet the "RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENS" crowd are about that.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Yeah, Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to remain and it's funny how quiet the "RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENS" crowd are about that.
    The day after the vote the Spanish foreign minister proposed shared governance of Gibraltar, really makes you think

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Full English Brexit.

looooooool

Hey Spam, how does it feel being a PutinPuppet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Hey Spam, how does it feel being a PutinPuppet?
    You don't understand, Brexit meant his GF couldn't take his child back to Poland, somehow

don't get personal

don't get personal
    You must be new here........ (kidding!)

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

We may have our British collusion story here right now:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...brexit-meeting

Rich dude who bankrolled Farage went to Russia............................................ ................................... and got a shady deal in exchange for goldmines. Add in the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal and we have a perfect storm.

Putin must be smugg, how easy it is to play western democrazies.

Yeah seriously.

1: Identify popular demagogue.

2: Bankroll through obfuscated channels.

3: Enjoy the tears.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it