hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1507 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 50710071407145714971504150515061507150815091510151715571607 ... LastLast
Results 30,121 to 30,140 of 33385

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

irony overload

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    I don't think anyone voted leave really thought we'd go ahead and stay in a union of any sort tbh....
    Actually, I don't remember the Leave campaign saying we'd leave the common market either. So while I don't know the minds of all leave voters at the time, the campaign was very much run on the notion of 'having your cake and eating it too'. I.e., getting at least all the benefits of staying within the common market, with all that we now know that entails.
    This.

And the rest of the EU stared in disbelieve at these scenes, knowing fully well they won't allow that to happen. Not "fore free" anyway, pointing at e.g. the Norway model for what to expect. Which basically amounts to "you maintain the same duties as before, but give up all your privilegues."

no no guys, you're all forgetting...

Remember Activate? The Tories' answer to Momentum?

They today announced that they're shutting up shop despite being a "huge success"

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...-down-less-two

I honestly thought they'd already shut up shop.

"Ultimately I feel Activate was a huge success, we drove forward the change in mindset in the Party which has seen a shift in policy focus and the revival of Young Conservatives."
    Ah yes, nostalgia for Young Conservatives, a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    Last edited by Keckers; June 5 2018 at 02:27:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I honestly thought they'd already shut up shop.

"Ultimately I feel Activate was a huge success, we drove forward the change in mindset in the Party which has seen a shift in policy focus and the revival of Young Conservatives."
    Ah yes, nostalgia for Young Conservatives, a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    No, they just blocked everyone who disagreed with them on Twitter etc.

a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    I've had the dubious pleasure of working with some of the slimeballs involved in this case. All working unreasonably senior positions beyond their age, experience and competence. All as utterly disgusting human beings as you'd expect.

In other news, Labour are going to force the issue on abortion in NI, which is good. They're also going to play politics with Heathrow, which is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    I've had the dubious pleasure of working with some of the slimeballs involved in this case. All working unreasonably senior positions beyond their age, experience and competence. All as utterly disgusting as you'd expect.

In other news, Labour are going to force the issue on abortion in NI, which is good. They're also going to play politics with Heathrow, which is stupid.
    I suppose they see Grayling as an easy target in the cabinet, and there's whisperings about a GE at some point this year so any destabilisation is a winner for them. Not sure what public perception about Heathrow is like though.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Outside of a small district slightly to the west of the M25 it is a healthy dose of not giving a fuck with some mix of:

1) Just fucking build it
    2) Why aren't you building it already
    3) Why are you only building one
    and increasingly in the North
    4) Can we have one too, please stop spending all our money on London you southern pricks

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    no no guys, you're all forgetting...

Brexit means KeksIt
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Outside of a small district slightly to the west of the M25 it is a healthy dose of not giving a fuck with some mix of:

1) Just fucking build it
    4) Can we have one too, please stop spending all our money on London you southern pricks
    It is simply incredible that in the time the UK has been on-again-off-again with a third runway for Heathrow China has built no fewer than 60 international airports, all of which have larger capacity than LHR. And the only reason is because of some grannies in Horton or wherever it is whinging about noise when they already live next to the busiest airport in the UK.

Morons.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

1) Just fucking build it
    It is simply incredible that in the time the UK has been on-again-off-again with a third runway for Heathrow China has built no fewer than 60 international airports, all of which have larger capacity than LHR. And the only reason is because of some grannies in Horton or wherever it is whinging about noise when they already live next to the busiest airport in the UK.

Morons.
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from
    We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston (and Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield) are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston, are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.
    pmuch this too

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    We had a scientist as PM during the 80s.
    And Merkel holds a doctorate in quantum chemistry, is a published researcher and worked for the East German academy of sciences until 1989. She did increase research spending by 60%.

You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a chemist.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a cunt.

And Merkel holds a doctorate in quantum chemistry, is a published researcher and worked for the East German academy of sciences until 1989. She did increase research spending by 60%.

You mean the PM in the '80's was a scientist!?!?!?!?!?!? How amazing that you are the first to point this out Joe Appleby!!

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Thatcher did nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

You mean the PM in the '80's was a scientist!?!?!?!?!?!? How amazing that you are the first to point this out Joe Appleby!!
    Oh shit, I read that as MP and not PM.
    nevar forget

We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston (and Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield) are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.
    If you’ve ever been to Narita, you can see this kind of model in action. Certainly doesn’t seem to have hurt Narita’s traffic.
    meh