hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1507 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 50710071407145714971504150515061507150815091510151715571607 ... LastLast
Results 30,121 to 30,140 of 33385

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #30121
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,418
    irony overload

  2. #30122

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    I don't think anyone voted leave really thought we'd go ahead and stay in a union of any sort tbh....
    Actually, I don't remember the Leave campaign saying we'd leave the common market either. So while I don't know the minds of all leave voters at the time, the campaign was very much run on the notion of 'having your cake and eating it too'. I.e., getting at least all the benefits of staying within the common market, with all that we now know that entails.
    This.

    And the rest of the EU stared in disbelieve at these scenes, knowing fully well they won't allow that to happen. Not "fore free" anyway, pointing at e.g. the Norway model for what to expect. Which basically amounts to "you maintain the same duties as before, but give up all your privilegues."

  3. #30123
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,937
    no no guys, you're all forgetting...


  4. #30124

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,613
    Remember Activate? The Tories' answer to Momentum?

    They today announced that they're shutting up shop despite being a "huge success"

    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...-down-less-two

  5. #30125
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,845
    I honestly thought they'd already shut up shop.

    "Ultimately I feel Activate was a huge success, we drove forward the change in mindset in the Party which has seen a shift in policy focus and the revival of Young Conservatives."
    Ah yes, nostalgia for Young Conservatives, a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    Last edited by Keckers; June 5 2018 at 02:27:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #30126

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I honestly thought they'd already shut up shop.

    "Ultimately I feel Activate was a huge success, we drove forward the change in mindset in the Party which has seen a shift in policy focus and the revival of Young Conservatives."
    Ah yes, nostalgia for Young Conservatives, a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    No, they just blocked everyone who disagreed with them on Twitter etc.

  7. #30127

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    I've had the dubious pleasure of working with some of the slimeballs involved in this case. All working unreasonably senior positions beyond their age, experience and competence. All as utterly disgusting human beings as you'd expect.

    In other news, Labour are going to force the issue on abortion in NI, which is good. They're also going to play politics with Heathrow, which is stupid.

  8. #30128
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    a group which drove one of its members to suicide.
    I've had the dubious pleasure of working with some of the slimeballs involved in this case. All working unreasonably senior positions beyond their age, experience and competence. All as utterly disgusting as you'd expect.

    In other news, Labour are going to force the issue on abortion in NI, which is good. They're also going to play politics with Heathrow, which is stupid.
    I suppose they see Grayling as an easy target in the cabinet, and there's whisperings about a GE at some point this year so any destabilisation is a winner for them. Not sure what public perception about Heathrow is like though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #30129

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Outside of a small district slightly to the west of the M25 it is a healthy dose of not giving a fuck with some mix of:

    1) Just fucking build it
    2) Why aren't you building it already
    3) Why are you only building one
    and increasingly in the North
    4) Can we have one too, please stop spending all our money on London you southern pricks

  10. #30130
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,958
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    no no guys, you're all forgetting...

    Brexit means KeksIt
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  11. #30131
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Outside of a small district slightly to the west of the M25 it is a healthy dose of not giving a fuck with some mix of:

    1) Just fucking build it
    2) Why aren't you building it already
    3) Why are you only building one
    and increasingly in the North
    4) Can we have one too, please stop spending all our money on London you southern pricks
    It is simply incredible that in the time the UK has been on-again-off-again with a third runway for Heathrow China has built no fewer than 60 international airports, all of which have larger capacity than LHR. And the only reason is because of some grannies in Horton or wherever it is whinging about noise when they already live next to the busiest airport in the UK.

    Morons.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  12. #30132
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Outside of a small district slightly to the west of the M25 it is a healthy dose of not giving a fuck with some mix of:

    1) Just fucking build it
    2) Why aren't you building it already
    3) Why are you only building one
    and increasingly in the North
    4) Can we have one too, please stop spending all our money on London you southern pricks
    It is simply incredible that in the time the UK has been on-again-off-again with a third runway for Heathrow China has built no fewer than 60 international airports, all of which have larger capacity than LHR. And the only reason is because of some grannies in Horton or wherever it is whinging about noise when they already live next to the busiest airport in the UK.

    Morons.
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from

  13. #30133

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from
    We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston (and Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield) are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.

  14. #30134
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from
    We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston, are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.
    pmuch this too

  15. #30135
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    We had a scientist as PM during the 80s.
    And Merkel holds a doctorate in quantum chemistry, is a published researcher and worked for the East German academy of sciences until 1989. She did increase research spending by 60%.

    You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a chemist.
    nevar forget

  16. #30136
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  17. #30137
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    We had a scientist as PM during the 80s.
    And Merkel holds a doctorate in quantum chemistry, is a published researcher and worked for the East German academy of sciences until 1989. She did increase research spending by 60%.

    You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a chemist.
    You mean the PM in the '80's was a scientist!?!?!?!?!?!? How amazing that you are the first to point this out Joe Appleby!!


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  18. #30138
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,849
    Thatcher did nothing wrong

  19. #30139
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    We had a scientist as PM during the 80s.
    And Merkel holds a doctorate in quantum chemistry, is a published researcher and worked for the East German academy of sciences until 1989. She did increase research spending by 60%.

    You may also remember Margaret Thatcher, who was a chemist.
    You mean the PM in the '80's was a scientist!?!?!?!?!?!? How amazing that you are the first to point this out Joe Appleby!!
    Oh shit, I read that as MP and not PM.
    nevar forget

  20. #30140
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,930
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    China is also huge, the UK doesn't have a particularly large number of places to build on whilst remaining a useful distance from the place they feed from
    We do, we just refuse to invest in new rail links anywhere except within the M25. So airports like Birmingham, which could be less than an hour from Euston (and Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield) are relegated to third-tier "regional airport" status.
    If you’ve ever been to Narita, you can see this kind of model in action. Certainly doesn’t seem to have hurt Narita’s traffic.
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •