hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1547 of 1560 FirstFirst ... 547104714471497153715441545154615471548154915501557 ... LastLast
Results 30,921 to 30,940 of 31197

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #30921
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I'd just like to point out all you Brits speak French

    Also this whole Brexit thing is literally like watching a train wreck in slo mo. Shit, this makes my government seem half competent ffs
    We haven't had a government this incompetent since the Restoration

    And I mean that, it's not hyperbole, we genuinely have to go back to the 17th century to find this level of venal, self-interested blundering. If in the next year, the Dutch Navy burn our shipyards again, then I won't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  2. #30922
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I herd u liek beef and pork
    I see what you did there
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  3. #30923
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    Project fear mate.

    Dig for victory!
    I've been putting on fat for the last 18 months. My body is literally ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  4. #30924
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

    But how would they benefit from the UK staying in the EU?

    It is in their interest to have instability in the West. One of these would be a divide between Allies, either the EU or NATO or divisions within countries.

    So how would they benefit from the opposite, that is the UK staying in the EU?
    Well for one the EU opposes NATO in preference for their for their own special EU Defence Force.
    This would weaken the grip of EU countries like the UK which have a significant military deterrent.
    The EU countries could not host useful and independent interventions without jibber jabber from
    various EU interests.

    Russian gas is further able to peculate across the chain of EU countries. If members willingly allow Russian gas then they
    make Putin more money to spend on his military. The more EU countries than Russia can supply will equal more cash.

    And whenever the Russian annex another unwilling country or part of one, they can point to the EU and accuse it of the same.
    They can say the EU politicians are forcing EU countries its accept its dominion or else. Which is exactly what the private members club is
    trying with the UK. It is an invasion by other methods.
    The EU only now gets their own defense force because the US is inherently unreliable right now as an ally and because of the Brexit. Until Brexit the British veto always prevented an EU force.

    So you saying you leave because you don't want an EU defense force shows how little you understand how the EU works. You could prevent it by staying.

    Russian gas is only an issue in Germany and further east really. We get 10% of our energy needs from Russian gas. We want the new pipeline which is blocked by most other countries. If you'd stay in, you could provide an alternative source of gas and even make money off it.

    Calling EU membership annexation is pure bullshit and pure opinion with no basis in reality. Russians annexation is in no way shape or Form comparable to EU membership. And as dar as I know, all countries joined willingly. Iirc even you guys held a referendum about it.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  5. #30925
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Iirc even you guys held a referendum about it.
    That one was the wrong kind of democracy; informed, carefully presented and no russian meddling. In no way representative of the will of the people, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  6. #30926
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    brexit means self-embargo

  7. #30927
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,198
    I guess I'd better stock up on wine while it's still cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  8. #30928
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    On the plus side our adventure in tariffs is being countered by tariffs on our food industry. We'll have a glut of supply if you need it.

  9. #30929

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    On the plus side our adventure in tariffs is being countered by tariffs on our food industry. We'll have a glut of supply if you need it.
    I'd choose rationing over chlorinated chicken.

    Thanks all the same.

  10. #30930
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    On the plus side our adventure in tariffs is being countered by tariffs on our food industry. We'll have a glut of supply if you need it.
    Your export food is like Russian export tanks... just no.

  11. #30931

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Apparently the Government is now planning to build up food reserves as a contingency for no-deal Brexit and is preparing a financial package to keep our various food services afloat during a period when they have nothing to sell.

    Welp. Time to unironically browse some prepper sites.
    On the plus side our adventure in tariffs is being countered by tariffs on our food industry. We'll have a glut of supply if you need it.
    I'd rather skip a days food then eat most US shit tbh.

  12. #30932
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,523
    But not even May expects her plan to survive first encounter with the EU27, who will reject her FCA. In evidence yesterday to the international trade select committee, Liam Fox admitted another obstacle: even the World Trade Organisation may reject the legality of the FCA plan. May will be pushed to further softening compromises, inching towards a Norway-light solution.

    But what then? She has eventually brought to parliament a final Brexit offering that still pleases no one: far too soft for the fanatics, yet still too perilous to the country’s good to command enough MPs’ support. Whatever new damage limitation it attempts, the deal will still leave us as rule-takers, budget contributors, with no MEPs, no seat on EU councils, brutally exposing how much we lose compared with what we have now.

    What then? Gridlock. The head-counters see no majority in the Commons for accepting the deal: Labour and other parties will vote against, along with the Moggites. That will be a painful decision for some remainers, fearing rejection of a Norway-type deal will lead to something even worse. But they will still vote against, because the deal is still so bad for Britain. Barring the madmen, there will also be absolutely no majority in the House for an economy-killing no-deal crash-out. Then what?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...an-white-paper

    Part of me knows that there's no way to stop brexit, and another part of me knows that there is no way in hell brexit is even possible. This car crash in slow motion is fascinating from a passengers POV. It's also fucking mental.

  13. #30933
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    3,311
    Turns out the liberal elite were right, lool

  14. #30934
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Brexit was a vote to escape reality. Hallucinogenic drugs over the counter would have been cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  15. #30935
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    But not even May expects her plan to survive first encounter with the EU27, who will reject her FCA. In evidence yesterday to the international trade select committee, Liam Fox admitted another obstacle: even the World Trade Organisation may reject the legality of the FCA plan. May will be pushed to further softening compromises, inching towards a Norway-light solution.

    But what then? She has eventually brought to parliament a final Brexit offering that still pleases no one: far too soft for the fanatics, yet still too perilous to the country’s good to command enough MPs’ support. Whatever new damage limitation it attempts, the deal will still leave us as rule-takers, budget contributors, with no MEPs, no seat on EU councils, brutally exposing how much we lose compared with what we have now.

    What then? Gridlock. The head-counters see no majority in the Commons for accepting the deal: Labour and other parties will vote against, along with the Moggites. That will be a painful decision for some remainers, fearing rejection of a Norway-type deal will lead to something even worse. But they will still vote against, because the deal is still so bad for Britain. Barring the madmen, there will also be absolutely no majority in the House for an economy-killing no-deal crash-out. Then what?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...an-white-paper

    Part of me knows that there's no way to stop brexit, and another part of me knows that there is no way in hell brexit is even possible. This car crash in slow motion is fascinating from a passengers POV. It's also fucking mental.
    There is possibly a solution to this mess, but no one would like it: Special Economic Areas, a.k.a Chinese economics zones with different rules. The rest of the country can dwindle into splendid isolation.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  16. #30936
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,867
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    But not even May expects her plan to survive first encounter with the EU27, who will reject her FCA. In evidence yesterday to the international trade select committee, Liam Fox admitted another obstacle: even the World Trade Organisation may reject the legality of the FCA plan. May will be pushed to further softening compromises, inching towards a Norway-light solution.

    But what then? She has eventually brought to parliament a final Brexit offering that still pleases no one: far too soft for the fanatics, yet still too perilous to the country’s good to command enough MPs’ support. Whatever new damage limitation it attempts, the deal will still leave us as rule-takers, budget contributors, with no MEPs, no seat on EU councils, brutally exposing how much we lose compared with what we have now.

    What then? Gridlock. The head-counters see no majority in the Commons for accepting the deal: Labour and other parties will vote against, along with the Moggites. That will be a painful decision for some remainers, fearing rejection of a Norway-type deal will lead to something even worse. But they will still vote against, because the deal is still so bad for Britain. Barring the madmen, there will also be absolutely no majority in the House for an economy-killing no-deal crash-out. Then what?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...an-white-paper

    Part of me knows that there's no way to stop brexit, and another part of me knows that there is no way in hell brexit is even possible. This car crash in slow motion is fascinating from a passengers POV. It's also fucking mental.
    There is possibly a solution to this mess, but no one would like it: Special Economic Areas, a.k.a Chinese economics zones with different rules. The rest of the country can dwindle into splendid isolation.
    Isn't that basically what the Channel Islands/IoM are already? Not in the EU or UK but part of the markets for both?

  17. #30937
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,523
    The document, published on Thursday, also says the government is prepared to allow EU citizens to travel freely without a visa in the UK for tourism and temporary work and allow EU students to study in the UK.

    Although the white paper is emphatic that there will be an end to the free movement of people at the end of the transition period in December 2020, the document says it will be necessary to recognise the “depth of the relationship and close ties between the peoples of the UK and the EU”.


    Hard Brexiters had voiced concern that despite the headline commitment to end free movement, EU citizens would still have preferential access to the UK compared with other countries, although Whitehall sources have indicated that it would be theoretically possible for other countries to strike similar deals in the future
    lel

  18. #30938
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    I hope all hard brexiters throw themselves off a bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  19. #30939
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The document, published on Thursday, also says the government is prepared to allow EU citizens to travel freely without a visa in the UK for tourism and temporary work and allow EU students to study in the UK.

    Although the white paper is emphatic that there will be an end to the free movement of people at the end of the transition period in December 2020, the document says it will be necessary to recognise the “depth of the relationship and close ties between the peoples of the UK and the EU”.


    Hard Brexiters had voiced concern that despite the headline commitment to end free movement, EU citizens would still have preferential access to the UK compared with other countries, although Whitehall sources have indicated that it would be theoretically possible for other countries to strike similar deals in the future
    lel
    Isn't this because the EU would just do the same to the UK if we locked their citizens out?

    :thinking:

  20. #30940
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,523
    In some respects, this shitepaper is exactly what I thought our spineless deceitful sniffling toad of a prime minister would actually do. A fumbling , embarrassing slight of hand that offends even me just for the hypocrity and gaul of it all, not even in the thick of it would have approached this level of ineptitude, even in jest.

    Brexit means breakfast indeed.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •