hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1321 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113181319132013211322132313241331 ... LastLast
Results 26,401 to 26,420 of 26699

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    If they engineer the entry of RD as Tory leader then might as well kiss the tory party goodbye. Which would be no bad thing.
    A WOMAN? AND A LESBIAN? NOT IN -MY- PARTY.

Screams Smuggo splutteringly, his face contorted in a rictus of repressed-self-hatred driven rage
    I don't care Ive never voted for them and don't intend to, but it will fully confirm in the minds of many Conservative voters that the Tories are actually a left wing party and if they're smart enough to realise it then they'll stop voting for them.

What about the Yorkshire Elmer Fudd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    or they accept drastic poverty and take responsibility for it at the next election (electoral suicide)
    Yeah but that wouldn't be electoral suicide for them. Unionists in NI are hardcore evangelical bastards who would rather starve their families than allow social progress. How do you think things got so bad in NI for such a long time?

"Give Catholics basic civil rights? Nah we'd rather let the whole province burn for 30 years."

Only way things go forward now is the whole UK staying in the customs union.
    NI voted 56% to 44% to remain. You are saying despite that, the remainers wont punish the DUP for committing Brexit Seppuku?

Even if the HARDCORE unionists dont care about poverty, they will still see the DUP as incompetent sell outs and vote for the other unionist party, the Ulster Unionists, instead
    I know but you have to look at how the individual constituencies voted. Taking that into account the DUP are perfectly safe from an electoral standpoint. Being hardcore Brexiters didn't do them any harm back in May, they picked up seats from the SDLP and UUP. One might even say they have a strong mandate from their voters to do what they are doing now. A hard Brexit might only knock off one seat, that's it.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I've just spent a few minutes digging out footage of Rees-Mogg's siblings. None have his accent. They all sound normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Boris is going to be prime minister and it's going to be absolutely amaaaaaazing.
    this

y'all are forgetting that this is the zone, where reality will invariably warp itself to become the worst possible outcome, if the most awful possible outcome is Boris Johnson in the seat, then he will get the seat, dont even bother arguing, just embrace the madness.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Boris is going to be prime minister and it's going to be absolutely amaaaaaazing.
    this

y'all are forgetting that this is the zone, where reality will invariably warp itself to become the worst possible outcome, if the most awful possible outcome is Boris Johnson in the seat, then he will get the seat, dont even bother arguing, just embrace the madness.
    Do you mean?
    DUP backstabs May -> May loose PM -> Boris is the new PM -> full hard Brexit -> Hard wall on the Irish border -> Good Friday agreement broken -> Embrace the chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    this

Do you mean?
    DUP backstabs May -> May loose PM -> Boris is the new PM -> full hard Brexit -> Hard wall on the Irish border -> Good Friday agreement broken -> Embrace the chaos?
    Ignore him. He's talking nonsense again. Bozo is never going to be PM. Bozo is only popular in Bozo's mind. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd lose his seat in the next election. He's pretty loathed in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    this

Do you mean?
    well, if this is the worst possible outcome you can imagine, then by all means!

i for one have more faith in the zone than that, so i don't pretend to know what's coming, but it's going to be at least as bad as that.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    At least as bad as that? A potential return to the Troubles? Fuck me....

At least as bad as that? A potential return to the Troubles? Fuck me....
    well, if you add in Welsh and Scottish secession you've got a barrel of laughs for all the family, see that was not that hard, was it ?
    Viking, n.:

Can't remember where I saw it but a commentator was non-jokingly talking about the current state ending with a united Ireland, and a Britain with internal borders.

It could happen. And it would be glorious.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Can't remember where I saw it but a commentator was non-jokingly talking about the current state ending with a united Ireland, and a Britain with internal borders.

It could happen. And it would be glorious.
    Not for the unionists that live there it wouldn't be. I'm astounded would be so glib about Britain giving away its lawful sovereign territory to a foreign power.

you should read the good-friday agreement Smugs, it lays out precisely how it could happen.
    Viking, n.:

you should read the good-friday agreement Smugs, it lays out precisely how it could happen.
    I know it was clearly designed specifically to create a united Ireland long term. Another one of Blair's dirty tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Anyone... anyone.... Smuggo?

....Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Explain how I was wrong about Article 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Good story? Maybe. Probably won't go like this exactly. But the point is that in the end, all this Brexit nonsense will simply not come to pass. And if I'm wrong, and it actually does, I'm perfectly willing to admit that I was the dumb one. Because by that time I will be well gone from this country, because there won't be anything worth sticking around for.
    So my other question is, where are you going?

In fact it hasn't yet come to pass.
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Anyone... anyone.... Smuggo?

....Anyone?
    Anyone isn't a question, what are you asking?

I love Malcanis!