hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: @CCP, can we get a fucking PVE update already?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or even just a system wide sig identifier so I know which ones are the wormholes straight away.
    Deep Space Probes. They used to have those and chose to remove them.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Or even just a system wide sig identifier so I know which ones are the wormholes straight away.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

They did have them but they were kinda useless. I'm talking bout a probe that sacrifices speed for laziness. 1 Probe will give you 100% on all sigs and takes about 15 minutes. If you want quick scanning then use normal probes. This is for people that live and pve in their hole/static.

While we are at it. CCP should also implement a probe that scans the other side of a gate/WH so you don't need an alt scout. It lasts say 30 seconds and gives you results of the ships on the grid on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Smuggo
    They should have a probe that identifies all the disgusting fatnerd falcon pilots in a system so you can call them out.

There you go CCP, 3 great ideas for free. Try implementing some of those instead of scan results that take 10 seconds to load....
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

I think you can still do that today. Maybe not with the same accuracy as DSP's but I used to run whole regions looking for highsec DEDs using a similar method with today's probes at 64 AU wide. There was a guide on reddit a while ago too.
    Last edited by frazz0402; February 17 2016 at 02:26:16 PM.

It works for a lot of the low end signatures, and if it doesn't pick up what you want it certainly cuts out some of the work by letting you focus on the remaining sigs.

The new system isn't horrible. It just doesn't feel like it takes much skill. Just going through the motions for each result. In fairness, I don't know what to propose as an alternative.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    There you go CCP, 3 great ideas for free. Try implementing some of those instead of scan results that take 10 seconds to load....
    We should form our own FHC based CSM.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

The "Not Even Subbed M8" CSM Group.

We would need our own sigs though.

I thought assigning us our a spirit animal was part of the service?

The npc events are a step in the right direction. But someone has to take on the job of doing an industry style overhaul on the missions system. That's a lot of work but if it is prioritised then it could be fit into a later expansion no problem.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk
    missions + LP + NPC loot rebalance

then you have a full NPC expansion content right there

They did have them but they were kinda useless. I'm talking bout a probe that sacrifices speed for laziness. 1 Probe will give you 100% on all sigs and takes about 15 minutes. If you want quick scanning then use normal probes. This is for people that live and pve in their hole/static.

While we are at it. CCP should also implement a probe that scans the other side of a gate/WH so you don't need an alt scout. It lasts say 30 seconds and gives you results of the ships on the grid on the other side.
    How about zero results of anything for being lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post

probing in a small corp situation gets oooooooooooold really really fast. Its just busywork
    Get more people in the corp? Or would that cut in on profits too much?

Probing is just another super boring/tedious part of the game, but it's probing, what else are you going to do for it?

Eve's PvE problem really just boils down to AI. Once you find a way to beat it, it never changes, so you'll always have a way to beat it. Plus, 'PvE' can really only involve so much. We've got 'Dungeons' in the form of DED sites that drop better loot, 'Raids' in the form of incursions that lead to a 'Raid Boss', and the usual 'Crafting/Gathering' subsets of PvE. It doesn't really matter what PvE you add, with the current AI setup, it will just end up being 'farming' content, as it never changes. Even the 'Super tough' burner missions turned into 'Fit this ship with these mods and do this and get loot'.

I believe CCP is trying to move towards a Dynamic AI system with the use of Drifters, but in a 12+ year old game with some crappy backend code and a 'smaller' dev team, you can really only hope for so much. Maybe Eve 2 will be better.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    They should have a probe that identifies all the disgusting fatnerd falcon pilots in a system so you can call them out.
    you summoned me?
    The character of Johnny Appleseed was based on Brasky, except for the part about planting apple trees and not raping men.

well i ran a small gang pvp corp from a wormhole, there was no profits. More pilots just made our gangs bigger which wasn't desirable.
    I would like to see change where reward matches the effort put into the task, but above all the task is enjoyable to do and not a soul destroying chore. Agree?

well i ran a small gang pvp corp from a wormhole, there was no profits. More pilots just made our gangs bigger which wasn't desirable.
    I would like to see change where reward matches the effort put into the task, but above all the task is enjoyable to do and not a soul destroying chore. Agree?
    I concur. Rewarding probing is easy. Making probing enjoyable? Well that's another kettle of fish. I think I just found my spirit animal.

Make wormholes really easy to probe so you only fuck around with busy work for the money stuff

Smuggo

probing in a small corp situation gets oooooooooooold really really fast. Its just busywork
    Get more people in the corp? Or would that cut in on profits too much?
    'profits', lol. Clearly you have never been in a corp with me or dorkslayer.

#fuelgate2015