hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Panic, It's Just A Pandemic Thread

Clearly this is a Chinese bio weapon developed to infect Hong Kong protestors and sympathetic twitch streamers
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    It doesn’t kill like HIV. It’s a coronavirus. They do fundamentally different things to the cells they colonize, and provoke very different diseases.

It apparently has some binding proteins that also appear on HIV; the molecular mechanisms that move the virus into its host cell.

These might be the kind of things you’d use to get the body to recognize HIV and attack it, in a “safer” delivery virus than a retrovirus. Maybe someone thought that you could use a coronavirus as the basis for a vaccine.

Or maybe they both just evolved in the same species of bat or something.

Or maybe the Illuminati thought the world needed an “Airborne Chinese AIDS” scare.

I mean doesnt we have like 50% the genome of earth worms, doesn't make us actual worms thought...
    Yeah but it actually expresses this protein. It’s not just junk sequences that don’t have an active effect on the virus’s structure and function.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Clearly this is a Chinese bio weapon developed to infect Hong Kong protestors and sympathetic twitch streamers
    SARS, Swine fever, 2019-nCoV and Chinese tourists. I'm telling you nothing good ever comes from China.

I'm sure lazy racism trying to masquerade as humour goes down better on facebook.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    I'm sure lazy racism trying to masquerade as humour goes down better on facebook.
    Quoting
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    SARS, Swine fever, 2019-nCoV and Chinese tourists. I'm telling you nothing good ever comes from China.
    lies

Chinese food best food, unless its forcing an Austrian to eat haggis
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    anything soviet is of evil

Just why

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Don't forget the plague Mk1. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/01/health/01plague.html

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Just why

MI8m8
    CULTURE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    anything soviet is of evil

I double checked whether it was true that HIV and coronavirus have similarities. I took the four additional sequences (the “novel inserts”) they found in the coronavirus genome and I looked to see if, as they said, it was similar to HIV. The truth is while these sequences do pop up in HIV, they also pop up in tons of other viruses. There’s no reason to immediately suspect a nefarious fusion of HIV and coronavirus.

Sequence one out of four is indeed found in both Wuhan coronavirus and HIV. The same sequence also appears in a virus that infects Streptococcus (spherical bacteria), a rat virus, and an “acute bee paralysis virus.”

I did the same analysis on sequence two. Once again, HIV and the Wuhan coronavirus appear together, but also a mouse herpes virus, a rat cytomegalovirus (the virus that causes mononucleosis, popularly known as mono or the ‘kissing disease’), and a virus that infects sweet potatoes.

The stories for the other two sequences are the same. Those sequences appear in benign viruses like Peach-associated luteovirus (a plant virus), Bovine papillomavirus type 9 (the cow version of HPV), and Leptopilina boulardi Toti-like virus (a virus that infects wasps).

So the facts are that Wuhan coronavirus may have some new additions to it, but they’re common bits and pieces found in tons of viruses — not just HIV — and there’s no proof that they even have anything to do with how the Wuhan coronavirus behaves.

And there’s definitely no proof that they were put there on purpose.
    https://massivesci.com/notes/wuhan-c...iciency-virus/
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; February 2 2020 at 10:32:03 AM.

On the plus side this has done more to bring back manufacturing to the US than any policy made.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    On the plus side this has done more to bring back manufacturing to the US than any policy made.
    Wut?

Show me some proof of that. I know many chinese factories are shutdown but to directly say that usa manufacturing is ramping up is a stretch.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I double checked whether it was true that HIV and coronavirus have similarities. I took the four additional sequences (the “novel inserts”) they found in the coronavirus genome and I looked to see if, as they said, it was similar to HIV. The truth is while these sequences do pop up in HIV, they also pop up in tons of other viruses. There’s no reason to immediately suspect a nefarious fusion of HIV and coronavirus.

Sequence one out of four is indeed found in both Wuhan coronavirus and HIV. The same sequence also appears in a virus that infects Streptococcus (spherical bacteria), a rat virus, and an “acute bee paralysis virus.”

I did the same analysis on sequence two. Once again, HIV and the Wuhan coronavirus appear together, but also a mouse herpes virus, a rat cytomegalovirus (the virus that causes mononucleosis, popularly known as mono or the ‘kissing disease’), and a virus that infects sweet potatoes.

The stories for the other two sequences are the same. Those sequences appear in benign viruses like Peach-associated luteovirus (a plant virus), Bovine papillomavirus type 9 (the cow version of HPV), and Leptopilina boulardi Toti-like virus (a virus that infects wasps).

So the facts are that Wuhan coronavirus may have some new additions to it, but they’re common bits and pieces found in tons of viruses — not just HIV — and there’s no proof that they even have anything to do with how the Wuhan coronavirus behaves.

And there’s definitely no proof that they were put there on purpose.
    https://massivesci.com/notes/wuhan-c...iciency-virus/
    Perfect. This is good additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Wut?

Show me some proof of that. I know many chinese factories are shutdown but to directly say that usa manufacturing is ramping up is a stretch.
    The production of bullshit is clearly on the rise.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Wut?

Wut?

One obviously can't spring new factories or change tooling lines out of nowhere but depending on the seriousness of this outbreak it might be a catalyst for a less decentralised approach to manufacturing certain goods...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Wut?

One obviously can't spring new factories or change tooling lines out of nowhere but depending on the seriousness of this outbreak it might be a catalyst for a less decentralised approach to manufacturing certain goods...
    Or more automation.

Or even better, automation set as legal requirement for import: outsource the robot with the production!
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    If by "back to the US" you mean "move to Vietnam and Taiwan", then yes.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    That's not a problem for the USA, but definitely a problem for Ghana
    Haha, hilarious.
    If this really gets going in the USA, it will be an epic shit show compared to China.
    Many people without health insurance? Check.
    No plaid sick leave? Check.

Of course it will hit the poor mucj harder, as usual, but I'm sure the true americans will find a way to blame them for their own misfortune.
    Let's put it into context: https://www.kcbd.com/2020/01/03/us-f...n-cdc-reports/

BUT IT KILLED 100s PEOPLE IN CHINA!!! END OF THE WORLD, GET TO THE BUNKERS!!!

Just shows how seriously and well handled it is there.