hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Panic, It's Just A Pandemic Thread

This is like war of the worlds except maybe Tom Cruise won't make a movie out of it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    This is like war of the worlds except maybe Tom Cruise won't make a movie out of it this time.
    Only if he doesn’t survive the Boomerbug.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Plague inc have asked people to stop quoting their game as evidence

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Plague inc have asked people to stop quoting their game as evidence
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    What is it with nerds and irrational fear of germs?
    It's killed 80 people in pretty short order, three(? Edit; now 17) cities in China have been quarantined, Japan just blocked the entry of a projected 400,000 Chinese tourists. There's a potential case across the street from me, about of a fifth of the customers in the last two weeks through the restaurant I run have been Chinese and every restaurant and tourism operator has just been issued guidelines from the government to keep anyone who has anything even approaching flu like symptoms at home and to contact a doctor immediately.

Irrational?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    If you think 80 in China is a big deal you need to see your doctor as that antiparanoia drug is clearly not working. Google death rate for other harmless in 1st world countries disease death rates there to put things into perspective.

Danish newspaper pissed off China

The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    It's killed 80 people in pretty short order, three(? Edit; now 17) cities in China have been quarantined, Japan just blocked the entry of a projected 400,000 Chinese tourists. There's a potential case across the street from me, about of a fifth of the customers in the last two weeks through the restaurant I run have been Chinese and every restaurant and tourism operator has just been issued guidelines from the government to keep anyone who has anything even approaching flu like symptoms at home and to contact a doctor immediately.

Irrational?

If you think 80 in China is a big deal you need to see your doctor as that antiparanoia drug is clearly not working. Google death rate for other harmless in 1st world countries disease death rates there to put things into perspective.
    80 people in this short timespan is a big deal considering that we know the dangers and the damage an unknown and new pandemic flu can cause. I mean it can evolve into a big deal, maybe not. But comparing this to a "harmless 1st world country disease" is silly. Very very silly. You are being a silly boy

This morning, in our building's elevator, 2 Hungarian Huaweii employees were discussing a colleague just arrived back from Thailand, when the plane landed in Budapest ha already had a 40° fever... already in quarantine.

I have started stockpiling long shelf life food.

Edit: both cases are tested negative.
    Last edited by DerWish; January 28 2020 at 01:58:54 PM.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    I have the sniffles, will I die?
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    This morning, in our building's elevator, 2 Hungarian Huaweii employees were discussing a collage just came back from Thailand, when the plane landed in Budapest ha already had a 40° fever... already in quarantine.

I have started stockpiling long shelf life food.

Dangerous sounding collage, was it home made with glitter and stuff ?

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Unless youre an old chainsmoking factory worker probably not

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    That is what they would say, yes.

achoo

Probably. Can I have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Irrational?

80 people in this short timespan is a big deal considering that we know the dangers and the damage an unknown and new pandemic flu can cause. I mean it can evolve into a big deal, maybe not. But comparing this to a "harmless 1st world country disease" is silly. Very very silly. You are being a silly boy
    This.

Flu kills roughly 0.1%, this is shaping up to being in (at least) low single digits (presumably with many more requiring some sort of hospital treatment). If it's as infective as is speculated (and infective before it's transmissable) then it could quite easily overwhelm any countries health service. Even if it's mainly boomers dropping dead from it there's many more knock on effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Even if it's mainly boomers dropping dead from it there's many more knock on effects...
    Affordable housing and the pension burden is lightened?

Joking aside if it is presympromatic contagious for say a week on a average and it's R0 is over 2 then draconian quarantine until a vaccine is developed and deployed is the only way of stopping this becoming pretty terrible.

On the bright side we in the West love giving the Chinese shit over their borderline cyberpunk surveillance state single party dictatorship complete with concentration camps, but they're better placed to deal with it than basically any other country on the planet, with only population density counting against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Even if it's mainly boomers dropping dead from it there's many more knock on effects...
    If it hit the US we could finally get rid of the republicans

The central rule in life is that it is much, much better to panic early than late.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Irrational?

In western europe maybe. And all the examples being cited just prove it's being handled competently here. It will end the same way as bird flu did.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    If it hit the US we could finally get rid of the republicans
    >Not having a competent opposition party is a good thing...