hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Panic, It's Just A Pandemic Thread

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    SARS cases: 8098
    SARS deaths: 774

2019-nCoV cases: 34,919
    2019-nCoV deaths: 724
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

This showed up in my morning search for funny pictures, seems like someone accidentally plugged in the random number generator to me but I figured I'd post this here anyhow:
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    This showed up in my morning search for funny pictures, seems like someone accidentally plugged in the random number generator to me but I figured I'd post this here anyhow:
      Spoiler:
    And another post on reddit pointed out how these numbers are most likely just mislabeled or mistranslated.

What is called dead correlates extremely closely to the number of infected and so on.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Crematoria in Wuhan are operating 24/7, with workers saying that they process hundreds of bodies in a day.
    BUT not all of these are viral fatalities - the Hubei provincial government has recently banned all burials and funerals, so all deceased persons have to be cremated. .China’s death rate is about 7 per 1000, so a city of 11m would have 200+ deaths daily. With additional 60-80 extra deaths from the virus, or 1/3 extra load, it is plausible existing crematorium are running 24/7.
    Any order of magnitude difference in death would required same order of magnitude crematorium build, the construction and operation of which can be verified via SATs. They haven’t.

Oh jesus oh fuck a hospital up the road from me has activated Coronavirus protocol for a suspected case

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Crematoria in Wuhan are operating 24/7, with workers saying that they process hundreds of bodies in a day.
    BUT not all of these are viral fatalities - the Hubei provincial government has recently banned all burials and funerals, so all deceased persons have to be cremated. .China’s death rate is about 7 per 1000, so a city of 11m would have 200+ deaths daily. With additional 60-80 extra deaths from the virus, or 1/3 extra load, it is plausible existing crematorium are running 24/7.
    Any order of magnitude difference in death would required same order of magnitude crematorium build, the construction and operation of which can be verified via SATs. They haven’t.
    right, you start linking reputable news sources (i've warned you already) or you get banned for being a shit posting scare mongering dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    right, you start linking reputable news sources (i've warned you already) or you get banned for being a shit posting scare mongering dickhead
    define reputable new sources
    shit posting on FHC, are you reading yourself?
    ban me if it make you feel better, I don't need your moral validation

edit: here is your link
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-workload.html

now get the fuck off my back
    Last edited by Candy Crush; February 8 2020 at 04:36:45 PM.

BUT not all of these are viral fatalities - the Hubei provincial government has recently banned all burials and funerals, so all deceased persons have to be cremated. .Chinaís death rate is about 7 per 1000, so a city of 11m would have 200+ deaths daily. With additional 60-80 extra deaths from the virus, or 1/3 extra load, it is plausible existing crematorium are running 24/7.
    Any order of magnitude difference in death would required same order of magnitude crematorium build, the construction and operation of which can be verified via SATs. They havenít.

> is told to link reputable sources
    > links daily fail
    > is candy crush
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

> is told to link reputable sources
    > links daily fail
    > is candy crush
    All boxes ticked.

What are we looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    What are we looking at?
    The yellowish gas at the bottom left, evidence China has abandoned Shanghai and released necrotic mutox to sterilise the city.

(No idea but context is meaningless when we could be having a good panic.)

Don't know the validity but I have seen pervious such events labelled as citizens keeping up morale by calling out to each other from quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    What are we looking at?
    someone retweeting something that they themselves probably have no understanding of

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Don't know the validity but I have seen pervious such events labelled as citizens keeping up morale by calling out to each other from quarantine.
    This reminds me of a Swedish university tradition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvavr%C3%A5let

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Oh jesus oh fuck a hospital up the road from me has activated Coronavirus protocol for a suspected case

China reported 89 deaths on Saturday, and 97 deaths today. We're entering the phase where 2019-nCoV will kill more people in one week than SARS did in its lifetime.

UK getting hardcore about the coronavirus...says people can be FORCIBLY quarantined...

UK getting hardcore about the coronavirus...says people can be FORCIBLY quarantined...
    Good, cant trust idiots in extreme conditions.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

“You won’t BELIEVE what happens next (ad)“