Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Wanked himself into delusions of being a photographer
    We've all done it

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Wanked himself into delusions of being a photographer
    fucking lol

Anyway, back on topic: found this article about a study that dove deeper into why some people get it worse than others, aside from the "usual suspects" (age, other health problems etc etc) .

tl;dr - The study, which was recently published in a journal of the renowned Lancet groupExternal link, confirmed their hypothesis: Covid-19 patients who had a particular subtype of human leukocyte antigen, called HLA-C * 04:01, were twice as likely to require ventilation than those without the gene. The research group says that this subtype either slows down the immune response, allowing the virus time to replicate quickly, or exaggerates it. An exaggerated immune response to the virus can lead to fatal inflammation.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/it-s-no...20inflammation.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Lief can you find out how to cure long covid now plz

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    You have to go to the Chinese embassy for the anal covid test to figure out the underlying cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    You have to go to the Chinese embassy for the anal covid test to figure out the underlying cause.
    I did that and, while it was fun, I am still not better

Try some Ivermectin, call me in the morning. Anyway, I thought that "just get the jab" should be more than enough, no?

Nasty jokes aside, go talk to your doc. Fingers crossed you get better soon.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Try some Ivermectin, call me in the morning. Anyway, I thought that "just get the jab" should be more than enough, no?

Nasty jokes aside, go talk to your doc. Fingers crossed you get better soon.
    I didnt get the 3rd jab in time. I wasnt aware even the most loopy of pro ivermectin fanbois were claiming it helped with post-covid issues, given they are not likely caused by the virus itself

Funnily enough I have HCQ and Ivermectin in the fridge since april 2020. I'm pretty sure it's absolutely useless in long covid.

Currently I started on Aspirin 75mg because the last thing I need right now is a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Funnily enough I have HCQ and Ivermectin in the fridge since april 2020. I'm pretty sure it's absolutely useless in long covid.

Currently I started on Aspirin 75mg because the last thing I need right now is a stroke.
    Aspirin makes sense if its clotting related, will try

Unironically, what Rogan said?
    Zinc, vitamins, monoclonal antibodies and a sprinkling of horse dewormer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Unironically, what Rogan said?
    Zinc, vitamins, monoclonal antibodies and a sprinkling of horse dewormer
    I had some really bad words for my close friend who is also my GP when he started recommending all-the-vitamins and zinc

Lall thinking I unironically suggested Ivermectin hahahahha

On the other hand, I've been on lotsa fruit and veggies and magnesium/zinc/vitamin C/D supplements all the way through , no booster, no long covid. Your mileage may vary, obviously.

Orange juice with as much pulp as you can get in it. That's what you want. Make yourself uninhabitable.

No idea if it will work for covid but you should do it anyway.

Anyway. I've been off work this week because Wifey has covid. I'm expected back at work on Monday but she's still testing positive. If she still tests positive on Sunday that puts me in an awkward position because my boss made it clear that she thinks there's no reason I can't work if I don't have covid. But going back to a household where people are testing positive is a high risk and one of my co-workers is unvaccinated.

Job isn't worth getting covid over at the end of the day but I wanted thoughts from my spaceship captain friends

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Don't go in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Just live in the Bonus Room

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Orange juice with as much pulp as you can get in it. That's what you want. Make yourself uninhabitable.

No idea if it will work for covid but you should do it anyway.

Anyway. I've been off work this week because Wifey has covid. I'm expected back at work on Monday but she's still testing positive. If she still tests positive on Sunday that puts me in an awkward position because my boss made it clear that she thinks there's no reason I can't work if I don't have covid. But going back to a household where people are testing positive is a high risk and one of my co-workers is unvaccinated.

Job isn't worth getting covid over at the end of the day but I wanted thoughts from my spaceship captain friends
    Wife shouldnt be contagious after day 12 from first symptoms regardless of test status. I was still testing positive 20 days after diagnosis, long into my initial 'feeling fine' period (but before long covid manifested)

Some of the students on my course were testing positive for weeks after they were infected.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Colleague of mine got Covid 2 months after he got Covid. Immunity from previous infections is a lie!!!11