Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Someone tries the "old-man-yells-at-cloud" meme personally, but got it spot(ify) on, IMHO:

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/st...20362407485441

“Very upset” Neil Young demands his music be pulled off Spotify over Joe Rogan’s vaccine misinformation on the platform
    Note that the troll brigade in the comments goes rambling about ""opinions/views", whereas Neil refers to facts. Reading comprehension really is at an all time low.
    wow!
    He sold all the rights to his music for a couple of hundred million so it isn't his music anymore.
    That is an interesting question, and I think you phrased it wrong, which points out the subtile difference.

At least in Germany, you can't sell your copyright. You can however sell the rights to the (exclusive) usage of your works. So it is still his music. I.e. ownership isn't transferred.

The question I have and don't know the answer to, is: is there any jurisdiction which one trumps the other? Or must that be negotiated when someone sell the usage rights?
    Has it not been a bunch of artist who sold their records/recordings for large amounts and after the sale went into the studio to produce new versions which they themselves then owned.
    Taylor Shift's back catalogue was sold to someone she hated but because she had the writing credits she simply began re-recording them systematically. This works because she wrote them so she can essentially cover her own songs by giving herself permission whilst the other party is stuck owning rights for only the earlier recordings they bought, it's amusing.
    Yeh she re-recorded it all calling it 'Taylors version'. Of course all the fans only click on that so she gets max pay out from streams etc. Smart move. She did really get fucked by the record company holding the original recordings, The song book was sold without her getting a single $ iirc. From a IP standpoint i think thats very wrong. But look at Beatles and Lennon songbook. The latter, stuff w/e, going NFT by his son Julian and Yoko.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Oh that's why I've seen those "new" videos of old Taylor Swift songs show up on YouTube...

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    Oh that's why I've seen those "new" videos of old Taylor Swift songs show up on YouTube...
    I was wondering why that was the case. TIL.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    I was wondering why that was the case. TIL.
    Much easier to rerecord all your stuff if you have nearly unlimited resources too!
    Last edited by Dorvil Barranis; January 28 2022 at 03:41:33 PM.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    The global daily death count is up 50% since January 8th and still rising

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Yeah but it's "mild".

FML.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

1/2/22: 43.67k
    1/23/22: 55.62k

Week old data, but I am doubtful it shot up 50%.

edit: But looking at US-only and UK-only data, yeah it has.
    edit2: Looking at the trajectory of individual countries, I am no longer doubtful. Also, China and Russia are still cooking their data. Brazil and Iran look believable.
    Last edited by Nordstern; January 31 2022 at 03:15:31 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

YouTube's Uncle Bumblefuck, AKA AvE uploaded a video supporting the "Freedom Convoy", made up of truckers protesting a vaccine mandate to drive freight across the border to the US. Now reportedly deleting all criticism from his comments.

According to various sources, one of the groups behind this is chock full of white supremacists, anti-semites, and Nazi sympathizers. Because of course it is.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8543281/c...ganizers-hate/
    Last edited by Boltorano; January 31 2022 at 02:53:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    YouTube's Uncle Bumblefuck, AKA AvE uploaded a video supporting the "Freedom Convoy", made up of truckers protesting a vaccine mandate to drive freight across the border to the US. Now reportedly deleting all criticism from his comments.

According to various sources, one of the groups behind this is chock full of white supremacists, anti-semites, and Nazi sympathizers. Because of course it is.

Something something ex-Yellow Vest movement, don't know, don't follow Canadian politics closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Yeah but it's "mild".

FML.
    Apparently we don't have anyone infected by Omicron in the icu. All are old delta patients. We had 3-4k cases per day with delta and now we are at 14k+. It is milder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Yeah but it's "mild".

FML.
    Apparently we don't have anyone infected by Omicron in the icu. All are old delta patients. We had 3-4k cases per day with delta and now we are at 14k+. It is milder.
    Not a single person? Seems a bit unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Yeah but it's "mild".

FML.
    Not a single person? Seems a bit unrealistic.
    Might have changed in the last couple of days since there was a slight influx of new people to the icu but in general this last omicron wave was very mild here. People coming to the hospital usually came for something else and then got diagnosed with covid in the hospital by way of regular testing. Thank fucking god.

Also to give you a sense of scale between the waves. Up to 31.12.2021 we had total of 466k confirmed cases. By 29.1.2022 we had a total of 706k confirmed cases. 50% increase of total cases in 1 month and patients in ICU went from 180 to 127.

The individual risk is indeed less, but it is clearly offset by the amount of infections as this new flavour spreads like crazy. About 50% of total covid deaths in Finland for example are from this latest wave, sure there are still plenty of delta cases mixed in it. As around 20% of people coming into hospital for unrelated reasons get diagnosed with covid in the hospital I think currently about 20% of the population in here has the rona, most of them unsymptomatic or really mild cases.

So mortality per case is way lower but there are 10-100 times more cases out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post

Something something ex-Yellow Vest movement, don't know, don't follow Canadian politics closely.
    He even went further with another video accusing the canadian government of being cowards. Oh well, another nutter outs himself and one less source to watch on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The individual risk is indeed less, but it is clearly offset by the amount of infections as this new flavour spreads like crazy. About 50% of total covid deaths in Finland for example are from this latest wave, sure there are still plenty of delta cases mixed in it. As around 20% of people coming into hospital for unrelated reasons get diagnosed with covid in the hospital I think currently about 20% of the population in here has the rona, most of them unsymptomatic or really mild cases.

So mortality per case is way lower but there are 10-100 times more cases out there.
    Interesting. From omicron here the death tool has been minor. The earlier wave of delta was way harsher.

FULL REVIEW

Just finished my 10 mandatory + 2 extra self isolation days of COVID, I guess Omicron strain.

It was literally about as severe as a cold and not even constantly. Probably better compared with your common winter virus/flu thingy than a cold, cause it didn't really focus on my nose/sinuses that much. No loss of energy or oxygenization, a very mild fever one night, some 6-7 very short headaches (lasting up to a couple minutes), bit of coughing and bit of sniffles - the most frustrating part of the cough and sniffles is they never really mature so you don't have much phlegm to spit or sniff out or nothing, it's more an irritation of the nose/throat/chest type of cough.

That was it. I'd say that roughly 60% of the time during these last 2 weeks I felt absolutely healthy, 30% of the time I felt 95% healthy and during the "worst" of it I felt "somewhat off" and was mostly just counting down the days.

Full disclosure: 43 years old, vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson 8 months ago, no booster. I semi regularly take extra vitamins C/D and zinc, eat my fruit and veggies and shit. I'm a smoker (and yes I'm an idiot who continued smoking through these 2 weeks) and regularly have bouts of bronchitis otherwise.

Don't panic.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; January 31 2022 at 08:39:43 AM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    FULL REVIEW

Just finished my 10 mandatory + 2 extra self isolation days of COVID, I guess Omicron strain.

It was literally about as severe as a cold and not even constantly. Probably better compared with your common winter virus/flu thingy than a cold, cause it didn't really focus on my nose/sinuses that much. No loss of energy or oxygenization, a very mild fever one night, some 6-7 very short headaches (lasting up to a couple minutes), bit of coughing and bit of sniffles - the most frustrating part of the cough and sniffles is they never really mature so you don't have much phlegm to spit or sniff out or nothing, it's more an irritation of the nose/throat/chest type of cough.

That was it. I'd say that roughly 60% of the time during these last 2 weeks I felt absolutely healthy, 30% of the time I felt 95% healthy and during the "worst" of it I felt "somewhat off" and was mostly just counting down the days.

Full disclosure: 43 years old, vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson 8 months ago, no booster. I semi regularly take extra vitamins C/D and zinc, eat my fruit and veggies and shit. I'm a smoker and regularly have bouts of bronchitis otherwise.

Don't panic.
    Good to hear you are recovered. Any idea how you got it or just the usual? No lasting effects sounds like?

Well, in the 2 weeks prior to this I worked on a concert and also did a bunch of deliveries, it's anyone's guess really.

Have about 10 friends and family who got it within the last 2 weeks or so. All reported really mild symptoms, one mate did get high fevers tho.

Only lasting effect I can feel is an irritated throat. This still makes me wanna cough every once in a while so waited for today to go buy a stick-up-your-own-nose kit and doublecheck. If I get the all clear, I'm planning to go hiking and biking and drinking to celebrate end of house arrest