Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Good.
    Is it?

I have real issues with countries that have 90% vax and pushed vax.
    No you see it's not fascism as long as it's what I want.
    Not this shit again. "Fascism" doesnt mean 'being made to do something I dont want to do'
    No you see fascism as a pejorative is okay when I do it, but when someone else does it they need to abide by the dictionary definition.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Again like i said for a country that has 90% vaccine its a insane drastic measure.
    We're only at ~85% fully vaccinated of the adult population. If you start counting younger groups the percentage drops quite a bit.

Are those last 10% of citizens worth giving up fundamental rights?
    Seeing as they're currently causing the deaths of other people (a lot of operations and such have been postponed and postponed again until things go wrong over here) I'd say the answer is yes.

People are digging in their heels by the 'must'.
    That is unfortunately a very common failing of Dutch people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    How many countries do have 90% vaccination rates? Or even how many have 90% vaccination rates of adults?
    Dont you think there better ways, or even other ways, to try before you give up civil rights?

I agree i speak from a country where we have a comfy vaccination rate. Still even at 90% it seems our gov is gearing up to push it to the last 10% and the way they are doing it is making parents from the new vax cohort of 5-12 very adverse. People are digging in their heels by the 'must'.

My entire sub-department of my company is 100% vaxed, many have issues for their kids tho.
    I'm coming in half way through a conversation (am fucking tired), but wouldn't it be preferable to pass a law that prohibits voluntarily unvaccinated people from enclosed public/private spaces (balance as required)? If anyone is found faking or breaking said law, fine them. Repeated infringement leads to a custodial sentence (or re-education but that sounds bad mmm'k). Make it so that the public have the freedom to remain unvaccinated, but the consequences of doing so lead to the curtailing of their ability to pass on any virus they contract.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    How many countries do have 90% vaccination rates? Or even how many have 90% vaccination rates of adults?
    Dont you think there better ways, or even other ways, to try before you give up civil rights?

I agree i speak from a country where we have a comfy vaccination rate. Still even at 90% it seems our gov is gearing up to push it to the last 10% and the way they are doing it is making parents from the new vax cohort of 5-12 very adverse. People are digging in their heels by the 'must'.

My entire sub-department of my company is 100% vaxed, many have issues for their kids tho.
    I'm coming in half way through a conversation (am fucking tired), but wouldn't it be preferable to pass a law that prohibits voluntarily unvaccinated people from enclosed public/private spaces (balance as required)? If anyone is found faking or breaking said law, fine them. Repeated infringement leads to a custodial sentence (or re-education but that sounds bad mmm'k). Make it so that the public have the freedom to remain unvaccinated, but the consequences of doing so lead to the curtailing of their ability to pass on any virus they contract.
    Our government has already concluded such measures would be unfair to the unvaccinated as it would spit society into 2 separate groups and thats very mean and we shouldnt wouldnt want that.

Having said that, i dont mind if we let the unvaccinated continue to murder as many people as they can because housing prices in our country are retarded and putting a solid dent in our population numbers is by far the most effective, if somewhat inhumane, way of fixing that.

idk at this point the vax race doesn't even seem that important without locking the fuck down

So, let's hope that they can upgrade their vaccines fast.

The tweet reads

Our first data about neutralization (NT) of Omicron versus Delta are here: 2x Biontech, 2x Moderna, 1xAZ/1x Biontech after 6 month 0% neutralization of Omicron, even 3x Biontech 3 month after booster only 25% NT versus 95% of Delta. Up to 37x reduction Delta vs. Omicron.

Upgraded vaccines may well be needed, but whilst there is quite a bit of vaccine escape in Omicron, the vaccines are still quite likely to prevent cases from requiring hospitalisation. In short, you're more likely to get symptomatic, still well protected from it progressing to a serious stage.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    idk at this point the vax race doesn't even seem that important without locking the fuck down
    At this point I'm so burned out after 2 years of this shit that I personally couldn't care less. Honestly, if you didn't get vaccinated by this point you are a fucking moron and you deserve to die like one. Of course N/A to people who can't get it for actual medical reasons.

Got a friend who's been isolating since March last year because people won't get vaccinated and the NHS has only just been able to send someone to her flat for first vaccine. She's also fucking tired of this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

The vaccinations are doing a job at protecting medical infrastructure. Which is more important than protecting the individual unless you don't believe in society.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The vaccinations are doing a job at protecting medical infrastructure. Which is more important than protecting the individual unless you don't believe in society.
    That sounds an awful lot like COMMUNISM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Funny that.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Erm excuse me sweetie, but foggy brained employees are less productive and therefore we should be allowed to pay then below minimum wage for a period of time after they test positive
    I mean, the foggy brain may very well be permanent, so, so should the reduced wage.
    One of the most things I've come across recently - and there are plenty to chose from, is a German medical staff job portal, offering jobs for unvaccinated staff in medical offices where all staff is unvaccinated (and proud of it).
    Come die with us!

Wouldn't it just lead to a high likelihood of large numbers of staff all being off sick at the same time? Unless you genuinely don't believe any pandemic is happening what would make it a desirable workplace?

[...] what would make it a desirable workplace?
    The most important thing (according to them): "Maaah FREEDUM!"

There's really no point of a rational query into this irrational behavior. They very much behave like all the Trump disciples. It's "TEH SYSTEM" they object, unable to exactly articulate which parts of it or even providing any kind of alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    [...] what would make it a desirable workplace?
    The most important thing (according to them): "Maaah FREEDUM!"

There's really no point of a rational query into this irrational behavior. They very much behave like all the Trump disciples. It's "TEH SYSTEM" they object, unable to exactly articulate which parts of it or even providing any kind of alternative.
    I would split them into 3 groups, more or less. One group are the anti government people most likely with a right wing attitude. Second ones are those who believes in crystals, pyramid, ghosts, homeopathic, you name it. In general people who believe in anthroposophical medicine. The last ones are the conspiracy theory believer, consuming social media and believing any abstruse theory they come along.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

In the States, you have to be vaccinated as a child (mumps, measles, etc.) before being accepted in to public schools. This varies from state to state, and states with loose "religious objection" policies have had outbreaks of avoidable diseases. Everyone, more or less, accepts that because they did it as a kid.
    Being excluded from public education, as crappy as our system is, is certainly a serious economic penalty, unless you were planning to home school like some weirdo anyway.

Adults, apparently, are going to be much more resistant, so full vaccination will probably be a generational thing. Best hope is that Omicron or an Omicron variant becomes more harmless and pushes out most other strains.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    At this point I'm so burned out after 2 years of this shit that I personally couldn't care less. Honestly, if you didn't get vaccinated by this point you are a fucking moron and you deserve to die like one. Of course N/A to people who can't get it for actual medical reasons.
    i did have gotten it

and now it's probably useless thanks to omiggron

i also didn't fly to known hotspot alpine ski resorts and evade testing because im poor

How are the early reports of omicron not being too deadly looking? Premature? Overly hopeful?

How are the early reports of omicron not being too deadly looking? Premature? Overly hopeful?
    Fauxie (joke ok) says he thinks its not much more bad than Delta. Given Delta is pretty bad I'm not sure that is a good statement/guess.
    But, I have not looked or heard any substantial information saying good or bad yet. I'll assume the worst and adapt. No other option really.

Either way, I'm 2x dosed and I get a 3rd asap (when my turn) if needed. I've "stopped caring", its either working (and clearly it is!) or its not and I'll follow whatever rules they will put back/add.
    But I have really stopped caring about the idiots dying who didnt get vaccinated because Bill Gates. Some days I wish they would die faster and more horrible. And I dont like that I have come to that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.