hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 444 of 487 FirstFirst ... 344394434441442443444445446447454 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

  1. #8861
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    75% of hospitalizations in slovenia is by unvaccinated. Our vaccination rate is at horrible 54%.

    #edit: thats for the icu. Hospitalizations are 68% vs 32%.
    Same here, 80% of the ICU spots are blocked by antivaxer cunts.

  2. #8862
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    75% of hospitalizations in slovenia is by unvaccinated. Our vaccination rate is at horrible 54%.

    #edit: thats for the icu. Hospitalizations are 68% vs 32%.
    Same here, 80% of the ICU spots are blocked by antivaxer cunts.
    And I'm the cunt then when I say id make vaccination mandatory. vOv


    

  3. #8863
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,304
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    To get into clubs over here you have to have proof of vaccination or a negative test from the same day. Noone is upset about this. Boosters coming soon.
    Highlighting the problem here. Also a positive covid infection during the last 6 months probably ?

    Problem with these two exemptions is cunts using this as an excuse to not get vaccinated. At least testing isnt free in the UK..
    And don't even get me started on antivaxing bugchasers / covid parties. Yes that's a thing, they'll do anything to prolong their "recent infection" freeride.

  4. #8864
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    75% of hospitalizations in slovenia is by unvaccinated. Our vaccination rate is at horrible 54%.

    #edit: thats for the icu. Hospitalizations are 68% vs 32%.
    Same here, 80% of the ICU spots are blocked by antivaxer cunts.
    And I'm the cunt then when I say id make vaccination mandatory. vOv
    Already confirmed to come into law February 2021 around here. Should've happened much sooner.

  5. #8865
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,792
    February is too late with start of skiing season and Christmas/new year in between. End of November by the latest imo.


    

  6. #8866
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,304
    Agreed but we're already in L-O-C-K-D-O-W-N and who knows how long it'll actually last this time.

  7. #8867

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    75% of hospitalizations in slovenia is by unvaccinated. Our vaccination rate is at horrible 54%.

    #edit: thats for the icu. Hospitalizations are 68% vs 32%.
    Same here, 80% of the ICU spots are blocked by antivaxer cunts.
    For hospital admissions about 70% of the admissions are unvaccinated, little over 80% vaccination rate in Finland. Just about all of the administered vaccines are pfizer shots. In ICUs it there are only few single vaccinated patients and they stay for shorter periods, something like 3-5 per 100 ICU patients are fully vaccinated currently...

  8. #8868

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Vaccine passes are the way to go here. If you want to attend a concert, football match or just about any event really, flash that QR code and you're in. If not you can go right back home and come back when the pandemic subsides.
    There are so many moments that I didn't mention that one. Yes, all vaccinated people also receive their certificate.

    In other countries: those tasked to do so actually control the certificate with an actual QR reader that works and tells if the cert is good and ALSO asking for the ID card of the person showing the cert (may it be in app or on paper), to tell if this is the person the cert is for.*)

    In Germany: casual glance at the phone showing something that resembles a certificate ... you're good to go. Simple pictures of an COVID app showing a certificate will do. Very few seem to scan the QR code. Even fewer compare name on cert to name on ID card.

    *) This is what I heard correspondents from different countries report on radio. Obviously I have to take their word for it.

  9. #8869
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    To get into clubs over here you have to have proof of vaccination or a negative test from the same day. Noone is upset about this. Boosters coming soon.
    Highlighting the problem here. Also a positive covid infection during the last 6 months probably ?

    Problem with these two exemptions is cunts using this as an excuse to not get vaccinated. At least testing isnt free in the UK..
    And don't even get me started on antivaxing bugchasers / covid parties. Yes that's a thing, they'll do anything to prolong their "recent infection" freeride.
    Eh, last I checked Portugal was the most vaccinated country in the world, probs changed now but yeah we're right up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  10. #8870

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,483
    Also when it comes to the vaccine effectiveness the interval between the two shots plays a significant role, there have been studies done on it but even comparing Finland, where we had 12 week intervals (later 8 weeks) to Israel with 3 week intervals the proportions of vaccinated vs unvaccinated in hospital admissions have quite clear differences. The longer interval leads to better immune response that seems to last at least somewhat better.

    The difference is significant enough that one of the first groups selected for boosters in Finland were people who received their vaccines with the 3 week interval at the start of the year.

  11. #8871
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,289
    Israel has large sub demographics refusing to be vaccinated which adds a lot of noise to the data.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  12. #8872
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

    In other countries: those tasked to do so actually control the certificate with an actual QR reader that works and tells if the cert is good and ALSO asking for the ID card of the person showing the cert (may it be in app or on paper), to tell if this is the person the cert is for.*)

    In Germany: casual glance at the phone showing something that resembles a certificate ... you're good to go. Simple pictures of an COVID app showing a certificate will do. Very few seem to scan the QR code. Even fewer compare name on cert to name on ID card.

    *) This is what I heard correspondents from different countries report on radio. Obviously I have to take their word for it.
    In Berlin they take a look at the certificate, some places may even scan it. Not perfect, but better than what Saxony where my grandmother lives does: they don't even care. They don't care whether you have a cert or a mask or whatever. Guess which region has the higher number of cases.

    Bavaria is moving non-covid patients to Italy, Saxony may need to do that soon as well. Triage has been mentioned as a possibility soon.

    We're fucked. The anti-vaxxers for dieing, the vaccinated people for having to undergo another round of lockdowns and stuff.
    nevar forget

  13. #8873

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,930
    The uni just gave us 24 hours to have complete documentation of 3G at the instititutes.

    El Oh El, nothing ever moves that fast in academia, tomorrow is going to be a clusterfuck.

  14. #8874

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

    In other countries: those tasked to do so actually control the certificate with an actual QR reader that works and tells if the cert is good and ALSO asking for the ID card of the person showing the cert (may it be in app or on paper), to tell if this is the person the cert is for.*)

    In Germany: casual glance at the phone showing something that resembles a certificate ... you're good to go. Simple pictures of an COVID app showing a certificate will do. Very few seem to scan the QR code. Even fewer compare name on cert to name on ID card.

    *) This is what I heard correspondents from different countries report on radio. Obviously I have to take their word for it.
    In Berlin they take a look at the certificate, some places may even scan it. Not perfect, but better than what Saxony where my grandmother lives does: they don't even care. They don't care whether you have a cert or a mask or whatever. Guess which region has the higher number of cases.

    Bavaria is moving non-covid patients to Italy, Saxony may need to do that soon as well. Triage has been mentioned as a possibility soon.

    We're fucked. The anti-vaxxers for dieing, the vaccinated people for having to undergo another round of lockdowns and stuff.
    Saxony is a really big issue currently. Watched the Presseclub on Sunday, with one journalist from there. She said she traveled across the state the past weeks trying to find out who and why they're not getting vaccinated. She said that there is a noteworthy amount of town mayors and county counsels ("Landräte", is that the right translation?) openly opposing the official regulations of Saxony's government. They outright refuse to implement it at their place.

    I can't tell how they handle it here in Frankfurt (or Hesse, for that matter), as I've been out exactly once since the pandemic started, which was in August this year.

    Here's another thing I fear will eventually cause outbreaks of real violence: more and more politicians now "playing with the thought" of mandatory vaccination - something that right from the start of the pandemic was a major talking point of the anti-vaxxers and what over the course of the whole pandemic in response to these claims was promised again and again won't happen. Never. Period.

    Well, we might get it (which I approve of), but that'll play into the agenda of that lot... Considering that we already had and continue to have acts of violence in all areas of public life by anti-waxxers ... yeah, what could possibly go wrong with that?

  15. #8875
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Longtime family friend reported that his son died of COVID. Father and son not vaccinated, both were overweight, son had mild asthma. Son leaves behind two young daughters.

    Aunt has covid, says it's not a joke. Says she's getting better. Not vaccinated.
    A month or two ago, her brother got the Pfizer shot (and sheepishly admitted it when asked by my father) after his wife got covid and was hospitalized. She was not vaccinated.
    I do not know the vax status of the rest of my dad's side of the family, but they're mostly hard-core Republicans, so I have a good guess.

    Dad has his booster shot scheduled. He's debating whether he should get a third Pfizer shot or get a Moderna one. I will probably be getting a Pfizer shot after getting two Moderna shots.

    Three people in my workgroup got booster shots this past Friday, two of them were knocked out for about a day.
    I literally havent met anyone who admits to being unvaccinated or even about having reservations. Howcome you have so many in your sphere of influence?

  16. #8876

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    The uni just gave us 24 hours to have complete documentation of 3G at the instititutes.
    For the non-German speakers, "3G" stands for "geimpft, genesen, getest" = "vaccinated, recovered, tested (negative)"

    Business have to do that as well. With another typical German weird angle to it: employers need to ask their employees about their status, because the above rule applies as well ... but aren't allowed to save that information somewhere due to privacy rights. They're also not allowed to separate the not-recovered/not-vaccianted from those who are, e.g. set up separate workareas or some such.

    I have been a cynic for a long time now, not expecting much from mankind. But even I am impressed with the amount of insanity and stupidity I currently witness basically everywhere I look.

    But to end with a positive note: the VGF (Frankfurt area public transport operator) has revived their "Impfexpress"*) (="Vaccination express"), which is a special tram line driving thru Frankfrut, where one can hop on and get a shot "between two stations". No prerequisits other than having your vaccination pass, ID card and health insurance ID with you.

    *) The name is a remnisance to the Ebbelwei Expreß, I guess, also operated by them.

  17. #8877

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Longtime family friend reported that his son died of COVID. Father and son not vaccinated, both were overweight, son had mild asthma. Son leaves behind two young daughters.

    Aunt has covid, says it's not a joke. Says she's getting better. Not vaccinated.
    A month or two ago, her brother got the Pfizer shot (and sheepishly admitted it when asked by my father) after his wife got covid and was hospitalized. She was not vaccinated.
    I do not know the vax status of the rest of my dad's side of the family, but they're mostly hard-core Republicans, so I have a good guess.

    Dad has his booster shot scheduled. He's debating whether he should get a third Pfizer shot or get a Moderna one. I will probably be getting a Pfizer shot after getting two Moderna shots.

    Three people in my workgroup got booster shots this past Friday, two of them were knocked out for about a day.
    I literally havent met anyone who admits to being unvaccinated or even about having reservations. Howcome you have so many in your sphere of influence?
    Do you know many people who think Brexit is a good idea?

  18. #8878

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,483
    In here places that demand the rona passports from clients can't ask the same from employees, since health information is protected. Also as our law guarantees nondiscrimination based on health you can't ask for the passports from clients unless there are mandated restrictions placed on the kind of thing you are doing so, even then it isn't mandatory, you either take the restrictions or bypass then by asking the passports.

    This means that several event organizers would like to ask for the passports but can't legally do so in most cases even with the audience demanding the organizers about making the event only for passported people...

  19. #8879
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

    I literally havent met anyone who admits to being unvaccinated or even about having reservations. Howcome you have so many in your sphere of influence?
    Different information environments.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #8880
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Longtime family friend reported that his son died of COVID. Father and son not vaccinated, both were overweight, son had mild asthma. Son leaves behind two young daughters.

    Aunt has covid, says it's not a joke. Says she's getting better. Not vaccinated.
    A month or two ago, her brother got the Pfizer shot (and sheepishly admitted it when asked by my father) after his wife got covid and was hospitalized. She was not vaccinated.
    I do not know the vax status of the rest of my dad's side of the family, but they're mostly hard-core Republicans, so I have a good guess.

    Dad has his booster shot scheduled. He's debating whether he should get a third Pfizer shot or get a Moderna one. I will probably be getting a Pfizer shot after getting two Moderna shots.

    Three people in my workgroup got booster shots this past Friday, two of them were knocked out for about a day.
    I literally havent met anyone who admits to being unvaccinated or even about having reservations. Howcome you have so many in your sphere of influence?
    Maybe you live in a bubble.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •