hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 439 of 487 FirstFirst ... 339389429436437438439440441442449 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The existence of disease research is a conspiracy theory apparently, rather than totally banal
    Leif is clearly nudging and winking along the line that the gubment made covid19 and released it
    Son, I am disappoint and you're outright misrepresenting what I said. Please find one quote of mine where I even implied this was an intentional leak.

My "support" toward researching the lab leak hypothesis always was that it was accidental or a result of bad practice, and then a cover up. It would be a lab escape, not some sort of intentional poisioning of the world population to curb our numbers, get us sterilized or introduce some new world order. Nothing more, nothing less. Nice character assasination attempt tho

In other news, stay safe y'all:

UK study finds vaccinated people easily transmit Delta variant in households

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ds-2021-10-28/

And research into other medicine is ongoing. The "old" vaccines are obviously not enough since Delta is running the show now.

WHO says seeks more data from Merck on COVID anti-viral, from Bharat on vaccine

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ne-2021-10-28/
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    The existence of disease research is a conspiracy theory apparently, rather than totally banal
    Leif is clearly nudging and winking along the line that the gubment made covid19 and released it
    Son, I am disappoint and you're outright misrepresenting what I said. Please find one quote of mine where I even implied this was an intentional leak.

My "support" toward researching the lab leak hypothesis always was that it was accidental or a result of bad practice, and then a cover up. It would be a lab escape, not some sort of intentional poisioning of the world population to curb our numbers, get us sterilized or introduce some new world order. Nothing more, nothing less. Nice character assasination attempt tho

And research into other medicine is ongoing. The "old" vaccines are obviously not enough since Delta is running the show now.

Still refusing medical attention for your mental illness I see. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post

Still refusing medical attention for your mental illness I see. Cool.
    As a pro in the field I would say he doesn't need any medical attention for his posting. You on the other hand....
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

The field is wide then, if you are a "pro"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The field is wide then, if you are a "pro"
    Laughs in BIG (GZ)/NIP registration for psychologist Netherlands.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Here's one for Jack, then, in the "medicine that wasn't remotely originally supposed to be used against COVID but hey look, it seems to help". Probably gonna describe it as a dog cough medicine or something

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...448-4/fulltext

Effect of early treatment with fluvoxamine on risk of emergency care and hospitalisation among patients with COVID-19: the TOGETHER randomised, platform clinical trial
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Lief, before you post any more studies, I'd like you to say whether the study was:

- the work of a public health agency or just something posted on their site
    - posted to an pre-review server
    - peer-reviewed
    - accepted for publication by a medical journal of record

Because if it's a pre-review article, it's essentially pointless to discuss.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Here's one for Jack, then, in the "medicine that wasn't remotely originally supposed to be used against COVID but hey look, it seems to help". Probably gonna describe it as a dog cough medicine or something

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...448-4/fulltext

Effect of early treatment with fluvoxamine on risk of emergency care and hospitalisation among patients with COVID-19: the TOGETHER randomised, platform clinical trial
    You know, instead of being adversarial, you could have just posted that there's promising new medication that seems to be linked with smaller risk of hospitalisation in Covid outpatients?

Now it just seems you're against something and promoting this instead of using everything we have to fight the pandemic.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

We only have one tool to combat covid at a time and this week it's whatever lief thinks we're all opposed to.

You realise the issue we all had with the ivermectin narratives from conservatives was that they were using it to avoid vaccination.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We only have one tool to combat covid at a time and this week it's whatever lief thinks we're all opposed to.

You realise the issue we all had with the ivermectin narratives from conservatives was that they were using it to avoid vaccination.
    Who is we? My issue with it was that it wasn't proven to work. Just because a bunch of conservatives keep flailing about this or that is just a testament to how far they've disconnected themselves from the real world.

Approaching an epidemic through the lens of culture war politics is retarded beyond belief.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Approaching an epidemic through the lens of culture war politics is retarded beyond belief.
    Which is exactly what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Lief, before you post any more studies, I'd like you to say whether the study was:

- the work of a credentialed professional
    - posted to an pre-review server
    Fixed. Credentialed professional here of course means a PhD/MD/academician working in an applicable field of medicine or biology. Accepted for publication takes too long.

So, ignore quality and actual proof in lieu of fast results?
    Like, the PhD who co-wrote with the highschooler. A quick, 5 minute cursory overview of the other papers he's submitted show us he's actually a paper submission mill, and is co-authoring on a bunch of random garbage with anyone.

A pitifully low quality bar, as I said.
    meh

Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

Interpretation
    Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

Stay safe

Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

Interpretation
    Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

Stay safe
    Still sounds like good reason to get a jab. I've already forgotten about it. What's the fuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Who is we? My issue with it was that it wasn't proven to work. Just because a bunch of conservatives keep flailing about this or that is just a testament to how far they've disconnected themselves from the real world.
    My first sentence was purely ironic shitposting. We have many tools to fight covid the biggest problem is the most effective tool became victim of a right wing culture war.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I have seen this plastered everywhere as definite proof of big pharma conspiracy and manipulation. And also obviously that vaccines are useless to protect against COVID and are also harmful.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

Revelations of poor practices at a contract research company helping to carry out Pfizer’s pivotal covid-19 vaccine trial raise questions about data integrity and regulatory oversight. Paul D Thacker reports
    Is that the real BMJ website?

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    So, ignore quality and actual proof in lieu of fast results?
    Like, the PhD who co-wrote with the highschooler. A quick, 5 minute cursory overview of the other papers he's submitted show us he's actually a paper submission mill, and is co-authoring on a bunch of random garbage with anyone.

A pitifully low quality bar, as I said.
    Publication represents neither quality nor proof. Besides, for something as fast moving and urgent as COVID, you don't want to wait for publication.

Appointments for booster shots have started to open up for this month, so I hope to get mine soon. It is supposed to improve efficacy back to around 95%. Not surprisingly, that information comes from Pfizier and Moderna themselves and has not been formally peer-reviewed to date as far as I can tell, but I am still going to get the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    I have seen this plastered everywhere as definite proof of big pharma conspiracy and manipulation. And also obviously that vaccines are useless to protect against COVID and are also harmful.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

Revelations of poor practices at a contract research company helping to carry out Pfizer’s pivotal covid-19 vaccine trial raise questions about data integrity and regulatory oversight. Paul D Thacker reports
    Is that the real BMJ website?
    Just plain old corporate incompetence from the looks of it.

Doesn't make any commentary on the efficacy of the vaccine or the clinical outcomes from the vaccination program.