hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 472 of 487 FirstFirst ... 372422462469470471472473474475482 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Germany hits record infection figures day after day, hence enforcing stricter rules day by day. Testing capacity struggles to keep up with it.

In order to tackle this, the new government made a glorious decision: those that are vaccinated (i.e. did their best to keep themselves and the society as a whole safe), but show symptoms and have a positive quick test now have to pay for PCR tests to figure out if they're really infected ... after having payed 2 years for the PCR tests of the anti-vaxxer morons.
    I don’t have the Captain haddock haha oh wow picture to hand, but know that the thought was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Someone tries the "old-man-yells-at-cloud" meme personally, but got it spot(ify) on, IMHO:

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Got PCR-ed an hour ago, my brain is still crying.
    The greatest fun is first doing a home test, then a PCR test at a medical center, then a second PCR one in the ER ward in the hospital on the same day. I did this yesterday, all came negative: I have a severe infection, but not corona. =D

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Someone tries the "old-man-yells-at-cloud" meme personally, but got it spot(ify) on, IMHO:

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

wow!
    Pretty much

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Got Pfizered today, so now I've got 2x Moderna and 1x Pfizer.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

My review of Omicron after 7 days: son, I am disappoint. This is like the minimum technical requirements to be sick. No fever, a bit of a runny nose (less than when having a cold), a bit of coughing (less than when having a cold).
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    My review of Omicron after 7 days: son, I am disappoint. This is like the minimum technical requirements to be sick. No fever, a bit of a runny nose (less than when having a cold), a bit of coughing (less than when having a cold).
    Your blood is full of residuals shrooms and weed. 'Rona has nothing on you mate
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

wow!
    He sold all the rights to his music for a couple of hundred million so it isn't his music anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/st...20362407485441

“Very upset” Neil Young demands his music be pulled off Spotify over Joe Rogan’s vaccine misinformation on the platform
    Note that the troll brigade in the comments goes rambling about ""opinions/views", whereas Neil refers to facts. Reading comprehension really is at an all time low.
    wow!
    He sold all the rights to his music for a couple of hundred million so it isn't his music anymore.
    That is an interesting question, and I think you phrased it wrong, which points out the subtile difference.

At least in Germany, you can't sell your copyright. You can however sell the rights to the (exclusive) usage of your works. So it is still his music. I.e. ownership isn't transferred.

The question I have and don't know the answer to, is: is there any jurisdiction which one trumps the other? Or must that be negotiated when someone sell the usage rights?

The question I have and don't know the answer to, is: is there any jurisdiction which one trumps the other? Or must that be negotiated when someone sell the usage rights?
    I'm sure a couple of lawyers are going to make a heap of money arguing this either way.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Spoiler:

“Very upset” Neil Young demands his music be pulled off Spotify over Joe Rogan’s vaccine misinformation on the platform
    Note that the troll brigade in the comments goes rambling about ""opinions/views", whereas Neil refers to facts. Reading comprehension really is at an all time low.
    wow!
    That is an interesting question, and I think you phrased it wrong, which points out the subtile difference.

At least in Germany, you can't sell your copyright. You can however sell the rights to the (exclusive) usage of your works. So it is still his music. I.e. ownership isn't transferred.

Has it not been a bunch of artist who sold their records/recordings for large amounts and after the sale went into the studio to produce new versions which they themselves then owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Spoiler:

wow!

Has it not been a bunch of artist who sold their records/recordings for large amounts and after the sale went into the studio to produce new versions which they themselves then owned.
    Taylor Shift's back catalogue was sold to someone she hated but because she had the writing credits she simply began re-recording them systematically. This works because she wrote them so she can essentially cover her own songs by giving herself permission whilst the other party is stuck owning rights for only the earlier recordings they bought, it's amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I'd like to know how much all that has ended up costing the prick who bought the rights to the original recordings.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    THC prevents infection. Keep blazing.

Neil Young sold 50% of the publish rights to his songs (also know as mechanical recording rights, as they tend to refer to specific recordings and not he actual conceptual song), which have nothing to do with copyright. From my reading on it, it sounds like he still has full control, and input, so, nope. He can do what he wants. I support it. I think we should stop listening to Spotify until they get rid of anti-human Rogan.
    meh

I am scheduled for my booster shot today. Most likely will be Moderna, as my first two were BionTec and a mixture seems to have a better effect. Had nada side-effects from the first two, so fingers-crossed that I'll handle the 3rd equally well.

I am scheduled for my booster shot today. Most likely will be Moderna, as my first two were BionTec and a mixture seems to have a better effect. Had nada side-effects from the first two, so fingers-crossed that I'll handle the 3rd equally well.
    Nah, not really relevant unless your first shot(s) were a non-mRNA vaccine(J&J, AZ, lolsputnik)

Not sure if Neil had hoped for this outcome, but at least Spotify followed suit.