hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 462 of 487 FirstFirst ... 362412452459460461462463464465472 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

First reports of deaths from the ordinary flu suggesting that it will be a bad strain in the coming year.

There's a big anti-vax family in my family's life; friends of the family for a long time. Loads of em, multi generational kids n kids with kids etc. All pig headed and retarded when it comes to most things but defo vaccines. Patriarch making a dick of himself at family funeral a few weeks back, being generally loud mouthed with retarded opinions but it was let slide. One comment really offended a good family friend in attendance who was recovered recently after being emergency ambulanced to Edinburgh General with Long Covid induced blood clots. Said pig mocking recovered victim loudly and not in good faith; "HA lad, you'd do anything to get out of work!". A comment that one might find more amusing if not preceded by science denial

Forward to yesterday. My family have buffet with all the turkey, trimmings etc. Sad wife of pig ignoramus turns up for a drink. Me and sister make ourselves scarce as who wants to chill with someone (the one in the family who is actually vaccinated tbf but still) who's spent the last few days with their special super spreader family event?

*enter the consequences of their actions*

Pig ignoramus' brother has been ventilated with Covid. Is 75, has the beetus and is morbidly obese apparently. Also has refused all advice and vaccines for the last 2 years. His brother STILL is. Lets be honest, its highly likely they die.
    Am i supposed to offer support or even pretend to care about these people, at this stage of the pandemic?

Can we just make willingly non-vaccinated retards a much lower priority for beds? Fuck em, let them drown in their own juices on outdoors waiting benches in the hospital car park.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    There's a big anti-vax family in my family's life; friends of the family for a long time. Loads of em, multi generational kids n kids with kids etc. All pig headed and retarded when it comes to most things but defo vaccines. Patriarch making a dick of himself at family funeral a few weeks back, being generally loud mouthed with retarded opinions but it was let slide. One comment really offended a good family friend in attendance who was recovered recently after being emergency ambulanced to Edinburgh General with Long Covid induced blood clots. Said pig mocking recovered victim loudly and not in good faith; "HA lad, you'd do anything to get out of work!". A comment that one might find more amusing if not preceded by science denial

Forward to yesterday. My family have buffet with all the turkey, trimmings etc. Sad wife of pig ignoramus turns up for a drink. Me and sister make ourselves scarce as who wants to chill with someone (the one in the family who is actually vaccinated tbf but still) who's spent the last few days with their special super spreader family event?

*enter the consequences of their actions*

Pig ignoramus' brother has been ventilated with Covid. Is 75, has the beetus and is morbidly obese apparently. Also has refused all advice and vaccines for the last 2 years. His brother STILL is. Lets be honest, its highly likely they die.
    Am i supposed to offer support or even pretend to care about these people, at this stage of the pandemic?

Can we just make willingly non-vaccinated retards a much lower priority for beds? Fuck em, let them drown in their own juices on outdoors waiting benches in the hospital car park.
    Careful the fairness and reason of your last statements will upset a lot of morons.

I was a bit harsh, soz

Today the German supreme court issued a ruling that the government has to set triage rules. Explicitly the question was whether people with pre-existing conditions and disabilities who face a greater risk have been adequately protected. Since the constitution mandates that people with disabilities cannot be discriminated against, the government hast to make sure they are protected in case hospitals need to apply triage. The court gave no concrete rules for triage and stated the government has a wide range of possible rules for triage.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Today the German supreme court issued a ruling that the government has to set triage rules. Explicitly the question was whether people with pre-existing conditions and disabilities who face a greater risk have been adequately protected. Since the constitution mandates that people with disabilities cannot be discriminated against, the government hast to make sure they are protected in case hospitals need to apply triage. The court gave no concrete rules for triage and stated the government has a wide range of possible rules for triage.
    Tell me we will start to down prio non-vaxed people without telling me you will down prio non-vaxed* people?

*non-vaxed on their own idiotic choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Is being an anti vaxxer a disability?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It sure is sort of a disability. But not one that should be considered for anything else but psychological studies, much less given healthcare priority (for Covid/vax-preventable illnesses anyway).
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    a mental one, maybe.
    meh

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    If hospitals are overstretched, and I wasn't prioritized for a ventilator over someone who willfully rejected the vaccine i'd be suing the government. Well, my family would. Because the antivaxxer would have killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Isn't that what they are considering in Germany, Triage priority to vaccinated? I'm totally in favour of that myself.

The national ethics commission hasn't officially said that unvaccinated should have less priority. But they said a vaccination mandate is ethical. And I remember hearing on the news that one member of the commission said that giving unvaccinated people (not those who can't but those who won't) lower priority would be ethical.
    nevar forget

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    I'd just like to say for posterity

That it's possible to be both pro-vaccine and upset at the concept of a vaccine mandate. It's tyranny, but we wouldn't need it if people weren't so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when it comes to prioritising resources, the NHS prioritises people they think are most likely to survive if treated. Thus, I think there should be a built-in bias towards the vaccinated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when it comes to prioritising resources, the NHS prioritises people they think are most likely to survive if treated. Thus, I think there should be a built-in bias towards the vaccinated anyway.
    There are actually two different kind of triages done on hospitals nowadays in the west. Generally in normal conditions the treatment is prioritized on patients that need it the most, no matter how dire the odds of survival. The war-time triage system was the one focused on treating the cases where the odds of survival with the treatment were highest, to save as many as possible when resources don't permit treating everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    There are actually two different kind of triages done on hospitals nowadays in the west. Generally in normal conditions the treatment is prioritized on patients that need it the most, no matter how dire the odds of survival. The war-time triage system was the one focused on treating the cases where the odds of survival with the treatment were highest, to save as many as possible when resources don't permit treating everyone.
    What do you do when the case is "will probably die without it" for 2 people and there's only one resource? Basically, what's the tie breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    What do you do when the case is "will probably die without it" for 2 people and there's only one resource? Basically, what's the tie breaker?
    Post count

The best solution!

Well this is wrinkeling my brain, the entire point of triage is to sort people by survival chance so a pre-existing condition that affects your chances of survival seems like an obvious thing to consider...?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Well this is wrinkeling my brain, the entire point of triage is to sort people by survival chance so a pre-existing condition that affects your chances of survival seems like an obvious thing to consider...?
    Doesnt "triage" have multiple meanings these days (perhaps wrongfully so)? Sweden, it seems/as far as I understand, does it like this;
    Triage on personal/patient level - if there are 2 people in need of care (from a bad car accident for example) we will treat the most hurt first but if a hard choice is needed concentrate more on the on the to survive. No real distinction on why/what is causing the need for help.
    Triage on hospital/hospital department/resource level - if load increase to a certain point the whole hospital goes into triage mode which means calling in every able hospital staff to handle it. Also means more prio on who gets treatment and who doesnt.

The last week more hospitals and regions are reporting going into "triage mode" due to the load. Stockholm reports worst/fastest increase in ICU cases for Covid since spring, +60% is unvaccinated patients.
    Swedish Radio talked to a head doctor (of some sort) and he said last 48hrs was the worst he had worked in 10 years, didnt go into detail but I can assume a lot of people, who really should have, didnt make it despite their efforts.