hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 452 of 487 FirstFirst ... 352402442449450451452453454455462 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    idk at this point the vax race doesn't even seem that important without locking the fuck down
    At this point I'm so burned out after 2 years of this shit that I personally couldn't care less. Honestly, if you didn't get vaccinated by this point you are a fucking moron and you deserve to die like one. Of course N/A to people who can't get it for actual medical reasons.
    i did have gotten it

and now it's probably useless thanks to omiggron

i also didn't fly to known hotspot alpine ski resorts and evade testing because im poor
    Sorry mate, I didn't mean you in particular, it was a general "you" concerning the ones who didn't. I know you well enough to know you're an actually reasonable human being ><

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Are those last 10% of citizens worth giving up fundamental rights?
    Which fundamental rights would those be? Is it the right being trampled on, or a specific exercise of it?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

idk at this point the vax race doesn't even seem that important without locking the fuck down
    At this point I'm so burned out after 2 years of this shit that I personally couldn't care less. Honestly, if you didn't get vaccinated by this point you are a fucking moron and you deserve to die like one. Of course N/A to people who can't get it for actual medical reasons.
    i did have gotten it

i also didn't fly to known hotspot alpine ski resorts and evade testing because im poor
    Sorry mate, I didn't mean you in particular, it was a general "you" concerning the ones who didn't. I know you well enough to know you're an actually reasonable human being ><
    Yes but i am steadily drifting into the "fuck everything, there's no societal consciousness anyway" group.

Subway was so packed yesterday i had to wait 20 minutes for a non-shit train. Back in 2020 we at least tried.

i did have gotten it

Yes but i am steadily drifting into the "fuck everything, there's no societal consciousness anyway" group.

Subway was so packed yesterday i had to wait 20 minutes for a non-shit train. Back in 2020 we at least tried.
    Yeah but vaccines are basically a good way to go about fuck everything as at least you're looking after yourself. If other people are dumb, let them be dumb. Hope you're doing well otherwise, and yeah, at least in 2020 people at least tried. Now... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    [...] what would make it a desirable workplace?
    The most important thing (according to them): "Maaah FREEDUM!"

There's really no point of a rational query into this irrational behavior. They very much behave like all the Trump disciples. It's "TEH SYSTEM" they object, unable to exactly articulate which parts of it or even providing any kind of alternative.
    I would split them into 3 groups, more or less. One group are the anti government people most likely with a right wing attitude. Second ones are those who believes in crystals, pyramid, ghosts, homeopathic, you name it. In general people who believe in anthroposophical medicine. The last ones are the conspiracy theory believer, consuming social media and believing any abstruse theory they come along.
    Pretty much the same lot that makes up the anti-vaxxers in Germany. Which I find interesting, because typically the second group (at least in Germany, and they were the ones starting the nonsense over here) is politically left-leaning. For some odd reason, they are now more strongly allied with the right-wing extremists than with the rest of the populace.

But trying to apply logic and reason to their actions is an undertaking in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    In the States, you have to be vaccinated as a child (mumps, measles, etc.) [...]
    Same here (measles). It's no outright mandatory vaccination, though. The actual law states that kids need "sufficient protection". Which boils down to what we talk about COVID: recovered or vaccinated.

There's really no point of a rational query into this irrational behavior. They very much behave like all the Trump disciples. It's "TEH SYSTEM" they object, unable to exactly articulate which parts of it or even providing any kind of alternative.
    I would split them into 3 groups, more or less. One group are the anti government people most likely with a right wing attitude. Second ones are those who believes in crystals, pyramid, ghosts, homeopathic, you name it. In general people who believe in anthroposophical medicine. The last ones are the conspiracy theory believer, consuming social media and believing any abstruse theory they come along.
    Pretty much the same lot that makes up the anti-vaxxers in Germany. Which I find interesting, because typically the second group (at least in Germany, and they were the ones starting the nonsense over here) is politically left-leaning. For some odd reason, they are now more strongly allied with the right-wing extremists than with the rest of the populace.

But trying to apply logic and reason to their actions is an undertaking in vain.

In the States, you have to be vaccinated as a child (mumps, measles, etc.) [...]
    Same here (measles). It's no outright mandatory vaccination, though. The actual law states that kids need "sufficient protection". Which boils down to what we talk about COVI recovered or vaccinated.
    U-bend theory: The extreme left and right are basically the same with different things to hate.
    meh

Same here (measles). It's no outright mandatory vaccination, though. The actual law states that kids need "sufficient protection". Which boils down to what we talk about COVI recovered or vaccinated.
    The school thing is a vaccination mandate. Not vaccinated against mumps, measles? No school for you. We had to check vaccination passes.

Esoteric stuff has been a right wing thing in Germany since the Nazis. Remember the SS? Himmler was the OG Esoteric.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechts...s_und_Esoterik
    nevar forget

Zee German ladies and gentleman!

If you are anti-vaxx you are literally a Nazi

Shame on you Joe, should know better than that.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    IT's Sacul, it's not bait, he is slowly turning into a cross between Joe Brogan and Milo Y

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    IT's Sacul, it's not bait, he is slowly turning into a cross between Joe Brogan and Milo Y
    Nah, he's just filling the gap left by the departure of Meester and Lark.
    Last edited by Nordstern; December 10 2021 at 01:34:13 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Nah, he's just filling the gap left by the departure of Meester and Lark.
    Nature hates vacuum and, uhm, finds a way.

Wut? did Joe not just say anti-vaxxers are being 'esoteric' (i read that also as holistic) and then saying the Nazi's were esoteric?

If no I misunderstood and apologize.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Wut? did Joe not just say anti-vaxxers are being 'esoteric' (i read that also as holistic) and then saying the Nazi's were esoteric?

Hel was wondering when esoteric ideas became right wing because he thought believing in energy fields was a lefty/hippy/öko thing. I pointed out that esoteric ideas where something even original Nazis were into and how that isn't new or surprising.

EDIT: however, being anti-vax and being right wing are an overlapping demographic in Germany.
    See here: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...mitism/618777/

Everything about this guy is hilarious, scary how deluded he is, but also hilarious:
    https://www.dw.com/en/berlin-bans-ra...ann/a-54299794
    Last edited by Joe Appleby; December 10 2021 at 04:36:32 PM.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Hel was wondering when esoteric ideas became right wing because he thought believing in energy fields was a lefty/hippy/öko thing. I pointed out that esoteric ideas where something even original Nazis were into and how that isn't new or surprising.

Then i got it completely wrong and apologize.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

"This the first time we've had to use the centre for large numbers of people from an Aboriginal community, but it probably won't be the last time," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...rwin/100663994
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Aboriginal communities are a challenge when it comes to stopping COVID.

First the Aboriginal communities do not trust Government and they have good historical reasons not too.

Second they are highly mobile and used to moving among kinship groups spread across remote towns and in the cities. Funerals are culturally important and have been super spreader events.

Third the remoteness of some communities have made it difficult to get appropriate medical services into communities which are badly served by medicine normally.

Also bullshit spread online in Aboriginal languages has more traction than Government messages in English.

A lack of hosuing means many people across multiple generations live in the same house - often 20 or more people - which aids COVID's spread and makes isolation near impossible.

State border closures were protecting the remote Aboriginal population until recently, but that bred complacency in regards to getting vaccinated.

So you have a socio-economically disadvantaged group living in remote areas with poor health services, language issues and a mistrust of Government, who live in crowded conditions and are highly mobile.

That is why they are being put into mobile homes and Howard Springs quarantine facility.

Donor
    How are the early reports of omicron not being too deadly looking? Premature? Overly hopeful?
    Um, see theres a thing about that. The data is still rough but it is not looking too great. There are a lot of people talking about "mild" COVID without really thinking about it and well, lol.

Also as a serious thing I was running some numbers and apparently my state had ~14% excess deaths last year. Seems really weird.
    Last edited by Arkaday; December 11 2021 at 02:56:39 AM.

Put the abbos in camps for their own good? Sounds fine to erich