hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466473474475476477478479486 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,520 of 9806

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Rumor has it that there is a new and improved strand being brewed also that just about completely dodges the immunity gained from getting omicron.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Colleague of mine got Covid 2 months after he got Covid. Immunity from previous infections is a lie!!!11
    I'm glad you said that because I'm considering dodging the whole issue by faking a positive test result and it would look suspicious if I caught it for real immediately after "testing positive"

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Colleague of mine got Covid 2 months after he got Covid. Immunity from previous infections is a lie!!!11
    People who got Delta in December and Omicron in January don't find this funny at all.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm glad you said that because I'm considering dodging the whole issue by faking a positive test result and it would look suspicious if I caught it for real immediately after "testing positive"
    This was not the intended outcome of my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    People who got Delta in December and Omicron in January don't find this funny at all.
    Yeah I figure that's what happened to him as well.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Can you get ivermectin these days? We tried to purchase dewormer for the cat last summer, but the pharmacist cited "supply issues".
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

I caught Omicron last week, or rather Friday the week before, returning from vacation. Perfect timing actually, had i tested positive a day earlier i would have been stuck. Sucks for the people on the plane though :S

The timeline was: PCR test on Friday, negative result on Saturday, feeling a bit under the weather on the plane Sat-Sunday, full on sick and positive antigen test Sunday afternoon. This stuff moves scary fast.

Double vaxed and boostered and it still put me on my ass for three days. Feeling fine again (and testing negative) but damn if it doesnt make you paranoid about every cough and feeling of exhaustion after.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 10 2022 at 04:53:48 PM.

Donor
    Excess deaths are always a fun thing.

Wonder what they look like?

US centric but lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60453566

The Queen tests positive for Covid
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60453566

The Queen tests positive for Covid
    On good, covid is about to die then.

Donor
    China did a great job with their Olympic bubble but here's why they'll fall.

Every damn major media outlet. Pay no attention to testing cuts and falling numbers. COVID is over...

Meanwhile almost every world leader is still masked up and distancing.
    Last edited by Arkaday; February 21 2022 at 07:42:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I caught Omicron last week, or rather Friday the week before, returning from vacation. Perfect timing actually, had i tested positive a day earlier i would have been stuck. Sucks for the people on the plane though :S

The timeline was: PCR test on Friday, negative result on Saturday, feeling a bit under the weather on the plane Sat-Sunday, full on sick and positive antigen test Sunday afternoon. This stuff moves scary fast.

Double vaxed and boostered and it still put me on my ass for three days. Feeling fine again (and testing negative) but damn if it doesnt make you paranoid about every cough and feeling of exhaustion after.
    But how much horse de-wormer and chewing on bleach wipes did it take?!?

Scans reveal how Covid may change the brain
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60591487

Scientists found significant differences in MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans before and after infection. Even after a mild infection, the overall size of the brain had shrunk slightly, with less grey matter in the parts related to smell and memory. The researchers do not know whether the changes are permanent but stressed the brain could heal.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Scans reveal how Covid may change the brain
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60591487

Scientists found significant differences in MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans before and after infection. Even after a mild infection, the overall size of the brain had shrunk slightly, with less grey matter in the parts related to smell and memory. The researchers do not know whether the changes are permanent but stressed the brain could heal.
    Can confirm I was stupid before and I'm stupid now

Idk whether this is due to age or covid or w/e but I'm noticing I'm getting dumber as the time goes. Tasks that would be a breeze 5-8 years ago now require me to focus and put effort.

Or depression from the cruel uncaring world full of hate and doom.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Or depression from the cruel uncaring world full of hate and doom.
    Can't rule that out either.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Idk whether this is due to age or covid or w/e but I'm noticing I'm getting dumber as the time goes. Tasks that would be a breeze 5-8 years ago now require me to focus and put effort.
    Age. It started happening to me before COVID was a thing. You simply become slower. That includes your senses and/or capability to multi-task, which in turn requires you to focus more on certain tasks.

E.g. for a long time I had no problem at all in working in a noisy environment. Lots of phone calls around me going on etc. At home, I listened to music while coding. I had to stop that at some point. Same with the office environment. At a certain point my attention was too often tracked away from the task at hand to that phone call (or similar stuff happening around).

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Age. It started happening to me before COVID was a thing. You simply become slower. That includes your senses and/or capability to multi-task, which in turn requires you to focus more on certain tasks.

E.g. for a long time I had no problem at all in working in a noisy environment. Lots of phone calls around me going on etc. At home, I listened to music while coding. I had to stop that at some point. Same with the office environment. At a certain point my attention was too often tracked away from the task at hand to that phone call (or similar stuff happening around).
    I've never been terribly fond of having music on while working, as it would tend to distract me. But a couple of months ago, I started listening to the Lofi Girl stream at work, and it's fine.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Finally recovered, mostly, after 3 months. Still weaker than before and tired all the time but mostly not nauseous, feverish or headachey anymore. Fuck knows what long term heart/brain issues this has caused tho