hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 397 of 490 FirstFirst ... 297347387394395396397398399400407447 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 9781

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Really hope supply increases in AUS for you all soon, that is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Really hope supply increases in AUS for you all soon, that is not fun.
    We have supply. Hell, we have on-shore manufacturing
    The only issue is that it's AZ which our oversight body trashed in their risk assessment, recommending it for ages 60+. Hopefully they revisit that now we have community transmission.

I know I've said it before but the way that virus can spread... Impressively scary.

Glorious greater Serbia reporting!

Even after government started gifting people money to get vaccinated the rates have dropped so much that they outright stopped the endless bragging how we are vaccine leaders of Europe. Maybe we have over 50% of adult population having gotten the first jab and thats it. It has slowed down to a trickle.

Tabloids, tv talk shows and quack doctors supported by the government have been spreading FUD about COVID-19, vaccines, chemtrails and 5G for the entire period so no big surprise.

A lot of medical people as well by now "believe" that vaccines are very risky and dangerous. They denied my 79 y.o. aunt on basis of her health issues and suggested her to get a big bunch of lab work and doctors opinions that would take her two months of sitting in the waiting room to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Glorious greater Serbia reporting!

A lot of medical people as well by now "believe" that vaccines are very risky and dangerous. They denied my 79 y.o. aunt on basis of her health issues and suggested her to get a big bunch of lab work and doctors opinions that would take her two months of sitting in the waiting room to do.
    That is scary on so many levels.

I recently moved to Austria and tend to think politics and level of discussion around here is a joke. But most people still seem to be getting their shots. They recently opened up for everyone getting shots without prior appointment. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign.

Jesus Christ.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    Here we are opening vaccinations to 16 year olds just about all over the country. The main boogeyman is now the deliveries and the question does the EU ordered amount of pfizer cover everyone, as the polls are showing 90%+ rates of people wanting to get the vaccine.

The EU vaccine shopping list was hedging it's bets on all possible producers pretty much, but now in the end only one of them, pfizer, has actually managed to deliver meaningful amounts. There have been some AZ deliveries (less than 10% of total doses), which isn't used anymore in Finland (and we have said no thanks for any future deliveries), and then some moderna, in the order of <1% of total doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    We have how many strains now, in the last year? Saying that covid doesnt mutate a lot is... I don't even.

For you to understand in simple words why you are wrong
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ge/ar-BB1c8YgJ

more in depth:
    https://medium.com/microbial-instinc...s-f41b61d27c0b
    Hes a conspiracy nutter, you could make a childrens book with nothing but pictures to explain something basic and he still wouldnt be able to process it
    If that's all you got after all this time, I feel sad for ya
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Because sometimes you need a bit of humour.

Two men decided to ignore the COVID lockdown restrictions and hiked to a remote beach in the Royal National Park to do a spot of nude sunbathing. A deer took exception and chased the men into the bush where they promptly got lost.

This triggered off a search and rescue effort, and upon being found the nude men were handed fines along with their clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Because sometimes you need a bit of humour.

Two men decided to ignore the COVID lockdown restrictions and hiked to a remote beach in the Royal National Park to do a spot of nude sunbathing. A deer took exception and chased the men into the bush where they promptly got lost.

This triggered off a search and rescue effort, and upon being found the nude men were handed fines along with their clothes.
    And this is how it was rendered in live, official sign language:

got 'rona jab yesterday. pfizer.

am dying of manflu today, quackbot can have my stuffs.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Looks like Sinovac doesn't give good protection against the Delta strain as Indonesian health workers who had two doses of Sinovac are being hospitalised and dying from Delta.

And once again our vaccine advice has changed and now AZ is available to however wants it down to 40 years of age.

Sinovac export model
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Looks like Sinovac doesn't give good protection against the Delta strain as Indonesian health workers who had two doses of Sinovac are being hospitalised and dying from Delta.
    Wish I could say I am surprised but I am sorry for those people

Edit: finally some good news.
    Last edited by Cosmin; June 29 2021 at 08:45:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Wish I could say I am surprised but I am sorry for those people

Edit: finally some good news.
    That's really good news it means scientists underestimated the immune reaction caused by mRNA vaccines that means immunity lasts longer, around 12-15months maybe even longer. (lifelong immunity against the current variants for recovered and afterwards vaccinated people)

Said that, as long as Covid has no major mutation in its "docking" receptors. If that's happening add a Covid shot to your regular yearly flu shot planing.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; June 30 2021 at 04:31:06 AM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    If that's happen add a Covid shot to your regular yearly flu shot planing.
    People were saying that a year ago.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    If that's happen add a Covid shot to your regular yearly flu shot planing.
    People were saying that a year ago.
    It is a possibility, nobody knows yet.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

And once again our vaccine advice has changed and now AZ is available to however wants it down to 40 years of age.
    I for one am shocked that a vaccine produced by a country known for mass producing low quality products turns out to be a low quality product.

How could this have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

I for one am shocked that a vaccine produced by a country known for mass producing low quality products turns out to be a low quality product.

How could this have happened.
    China actually produces very high quality stuff. Depends on how much you pay for it, they are amazing in certain areas and they have really good prices (but not cheap if you're looking for good quality).

Chinese products being bad is just a bad meme, if you're paying 4$ for a hammer with transport included I'm unsure why you'd be surprised it's made of chinesium and breaks on the first steel nail. Then again, there are many many many very high quality products out of China - and one example is high end custom keyboards that are cut and anodized there - but they're not cheap at all.

I would expect their vaccine is good enough for the normal variants of the virus, given the technology involved in its production, until now it's only the mRNA vaccines that seem to be exceedingly good at covering emerging variants. My post above about being shocked was half serious half joking precisely because of this and the chinesium trope, but let's not go over board with the latter

y'all remember that the Olympics are going ahead this year in about a month ?

im sure this won't be a problem, at all.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.