hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 484 of 489 FirstFirst ... 384434474481482483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,680 of 9774

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Rookie numbers compared to heart disease
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Damn, it was 3 million total not so long ago, wtf happened :/

Edit: wikipedia is showing 500 million confirmed cases and 6 million deaths so 15 is pretty dire and basically would more than double the known mortality we were aware of.

It’s a good thing nobody is wearing masks anymore, amirite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Masks dont matter anymore. Not in the western world where either you were vaccinated or you got over it. Or both.
    Please keep telling yourself that. Masking has helped and still helps, if anything when they were mandatory regular flu and respiratory viral infections went down as well.

Also I was triple vaccinated and had COVID in 2020 and still got it in 2022. So your "western world" argument is absolutely moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Rookie numbers compared to heart disease
    Heart disease isn't an infectious disease, for all intents and purposes it's almost fully preventable (except genetics-related ones that can't be avoided). Heart disease is mostly people eating and smoking themselves into the grave and avoiding seeing their doctor who could prescribe secondary prevention meds.

I disagree. Heart disease is a valid unconscious cost benefit analysis, where people decide living past 80 looks pretty shit, but pints look pretty good.

Edit: wikipedia is showing 500 million confirmed cases and 6 million deaths so 15 is pretty dire and basically would more than double the known mortality we were aware of.

Masks dont matter anymore. Not in the western world where either you were vaccinated or you got over it. Or both.
    Please keep telling yourself that. Masking has helped and still helps, if anything when they were mandatory regular flu and respiratory viral infections went down as well.

Also I was triple vaccinated and had COVID in 2020 and still got it in 2022. So your "western world" argument is absolutely moot.
    Sure they helped. They just arent worth enforcing any more. Enforcing them because of flu and other respiratory dieseases is insanity.
    I was vaccinated and got the bloody thing 2 times. While wearing masks and mantaining social distancing. You aint convincing me let alone antivaxers that they should be enforced any more.

Sure they helped. They just arent worth enforcing any more. Enforcing them because of flu and other respiratory dieseases is insanity.
    I was vaccinated and got the bloody thing 2 times. While wearing masks and mantaining social distancing. You aint convincing me let alone antivaxers that they should be enforced any more.
    Oh boy, how often do we need to mention that: a mask not only protects you (better) than no mask, but it also prevents you from spreading it.

This also happens:

It's like playing russian roulette. Every time you pull the trigger, you get another chance. Masks give you a chance that the cartridge was a dud.
    They work.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Russian roulette with a nerf gun. Covid isn't much of a bullet for the vast majority of the population.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Russian roulette with a nerf gun. Covid isn't much of a bullet for the vast majority of the population.
    But having the "nerf" version of it still allows you to be a spreader. To a lower extent, but a spreader nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

As somebody who got it whilst triple vaxed, masking and what not... the lack of empathy of people not wanting to wear masks because of absolutely infantile reasons is just staggering. You're not wearing it just for yourself, but for your spouse, children, parents, grandparents and the poor fucking sod who is treating you and maybe could do without covid.

Glad you love the vast majority of the population and don't care about people who die or get disabilities after the disease.
    Last edited by Cosmin; April 24 2022 at 05:54:36 PM.

Did you die though?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Did you die though?
    I can't even begin to comprehend how narrow minded, selfish and simply redneck stupid people like you must be.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

When did Keckers start aping Trumpist Republican talking points?

American sense of humour failure it seems.

Masks aren't a social possibility any more, especially when the vast majority of people are now trying to get on with their lives as before, the scariness of the unknown with covid has gone with more recent strains being extremely mild in vast majority of cases. People are vaxxed, recovered or both and largely getting on with their lives. Social venues are open, there's no limits on crowds, workplaces are full, covid is largely out of the news etc. You're not going to get the social and cultural buy in to masks, it's incompatible with western habits and the current mainstream narrative of the pandemic being over.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Did you die though?
    I can't even begin to comprehend how narrow minded, selfish and simply redneck stupid people like you must be.
    And here I was editing my post because I thought I was too harsh on him

American sense of humour failure it seems.

Masks aren't a social possibility any more, especially when the vast majority of people are now trying to get on with their lives as before, the scariness of the unknown with covid has gone with more recent strains being extremely mild in vast majority of cases. People are vaxxed, recovered or both and largely getting on with their lives. Social venues are open, there's no limits on crowds, workplaces are full, covid is largely out of the news etc. You're not going to get the social and cultural buy in to masks, it's incompatible with western habits and the current mainstream narrative of the pandemic being over.
    COVID cases are rising again and all it takes is one strand of DNA getting banjaxed to go from "mild" to "deadly". See SARS and MERS for more information.

Muppet.

Are you capable of reading? I'm not making any judgement statements, I'm just saying how it is. The general public won't tolerate a mask mandate now, the pandemic is out of sight and out of mind.

15 is on the low end of the true estimate

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...796-3/fulltext

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    15 is on the low end of the true estimate

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...796-3/fulltext
    At the country level, the highest numbers of cumulative excess deaths due to COVID-19 were estimated in India (4·07 million [3·71–4·36]), the USA (1·13 million [1·08–1·18]), Russia (1·07 million [1·06–1·08]), Mexico (798 000 [741 000–867 000]), Brazil (792 000 [730 000–847 000]), Indonesia (736 000 [594 000–955 000]), and Pakistan (664 000 [498 000–847 000]). Among these countries, the excess mortality rate was highest in Russia (374·6 deaths [369·7–378·4] per 100 000) and Mexico (325·1 [301·6–353·3] per 100 000), and was similar in Brazil (186·9 [172·2–199·8] per 100 000) and the USA (179·3 [170·7–187·5] per 100 000).
    A million dead in Russia is not surprising. Curious if they examined China.

Oh, and the dashboard link has been changed: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 25 2022 at 05:21:16 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

What esteemed company America finds itself in