hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 488 of 491 FirstFirst ... 388438478485486487488489490491 LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 9806

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Welp ... get well soon both of you!

Meanwhile in a not-so-surprising turn of events, German's minister of health, Karl Lauterbach, today officially declared the Summer Wave(tm) as being on. Suggested to get a 4th shot and adding that while it might not prevent an infection (which all sane people already know), it helps a great deal with reduces the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Welp ... get well soon both of you!

Meanwhile in a not-so-surprising turn of events, German's minister of health, Karl Lauterbach, today officially declared the Summer Wave(tm) as being on. Suggested to get a 4th shot and adding that while it might not prevent an infection (which all sane people already know), it helps a great deal with reduces the impact.
    As predicted yearly covid, maybe twice, just like the common flu (influenza) shot for people at risk.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Monkey Pox seems to be converting itself into an STD.

Good news for nordstern then

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    I enjoy living rent-free in your head.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    fucking rip

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Monkey Pox seems to be converting itself into an STD.
    Always was, skin contact.
    From day 1 of the reporting they said it was to be found mostly with people having butte sex (some used that more neutral term other reports 'gay/homo' sexual relations).
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Went to a packed gay bar last night where almost everyone was topless. Hope I didn’t get the monke.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Went to a packed gay bar last night where almost everyone was topless. Hope I didn’t get the monke.
    gay

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Top or bottom?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Yes.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I was standing up so I’d say sideways.

Oh look, something new old emerged reemerged. Fun times to be alive.

I guessed it was going to happen sooner or later from the day I learned how widespread and popular antivax movement is. Whooping cough first, polio next. Hopefully when they see with their own eyes how their children have to suffer they'll change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I guessed it was going to happen sooner or later from the day I learned how widespread and popular antivax movement is. Whooping cough first, polio next. Hopefully when they see with their own eyes how their children have to suffer they'll change their mind.
    Considering how well that went with Covid, I have my doubts about people changing their mind.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    See, those type of people were always around, except in the old days, they died and their deaths spared the rest of us, but now modern medicine is too good that they still stick around after contracting the illnesses.

We might be on the way back to that again, considering the overall stress and workload on health systems all over the world since the pandemic started. We mentioned that here already a couple of month ago: in Germany, staff in helath care are quitting their jobs, as it's too stressful. In a time where we would need exceptionally more staff to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    We might be on the way back to that again, considering the overall stress and workload on health systems all over the world since the pandemic started. We mentioned that here already a couple of month ago: in Germany, staff in helath care are quitting their jobs, as it's too stressful. In a time where we would need exceptionally more staff to deal with it.
    I could go on for hours about the state healthcare here is nowadays after covid. And how well patients are treated using my elderly mother with RA as an example. The shambles that idiotic handling of covid outbreak left every health system in is going to reap harvest that will dwarf casualties caused by it. But you won't hear about it in any news outlet. Tend to your elderly.

Monkeypox outbreak in U.S. is bigger than the CDC reports. Testing is 'abysmal': https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...outbreak-in-us

On the surface, the monkeypox outbreak in the U.S. doesn't look that bad, especially compared with other countries. Since the international epidemic began in May, the U.S. has recorded 201 cases of monkeypox. In contrast, the U.K. has nearly 800 cases. Spain and Germany both have more than 500.

But in the U.S., the official case count is misleading, Makofane and other scientists tell NPR. The outbreak is bigger — perhaps much bigger — than the case count suggests.

For many of the confirmed cases, health officials don't know how the person caught the virus. Those infected haven't traveled or come into contact with another infected person. That means the virus is spreading in some communities and cities, cryptically.

"The fact that we can't reconstruct the transmission chain means that we are likely missing a lot of links in that chain," Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Brown University, says. "And that means that those infected people haven't had the opportunity to receive medicines to help them recover faster and not develop severe symptoms.

"But it also means that they're possibly spreading the virus without knowledge of the fact that they're infected," she adds.

In other words: "We have no concept of the scale of the monkeypox outbreak in the U.S.," says biologist Joseph Osmundson at New York University.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Monkeypox outbreak in U.S. is bigger than the CDC reports. Testing is 'abysmal': https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...outbreak-in-us

On the surface, the monkeypox outbreak in the U.S. doesn't look that bad, especially compared with other countries. Since the international epidemic began in May, the U.S. has recorded 201 cases of monkeypox. In contrast, the U.K. has nearly 800 cases. Spain and Germany both have more than 500.

But in the U.S., the official case count is misleading, Makofane and other scientists tell NPR. The outbreak is bigger — perhaps much bigger — than the case count suggests.

For many of the confirmed cases, health officials don't know how the person caught the virus. Those infected haven't traveled or come into contact with another infected person. That means the virus is spreading in some communities and cities, cryptically.

"The fact that we can't reconstruct the transmission chain means that we are likely missing a lot of links in that chain," Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Brown University, says. "And that means that those infected people haven't had the opportunity to receive medicines to help them recover faster and not develop severe symptoms.

"But it also means that they're possibly spreading the virus without knowledge of the fact that they're infected," she adds.

In other words: "We have no concept of the scale of the monkeypox outbreak in the U.S.," says biologist Joseph Osmundson at New York University.
    Research out of Portugal also shows that Monkey Pox is mutating at a fast rate. Already 50+ mutations from the original African Variant have been detected in cases in Europe.