hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 40 of 491 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 9806

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

  1. #781
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,148
    I want to change my vote in the Sickpool to Lachesis.

  2. #782
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,227
    I will endeavor not to disappoint, but it’s still a pretty low order of probability that I have it.

    If I develop a proper cough or shortness of breath I will go get tested, though.

  3. #783
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,241
    F
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  4. #784
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15,330
    and we're at 4 infected in two separate "infection chains". the messaging has shifted from "we're going to contain this" to "we're going to delay it to summer"

    i get why, we're less packed in physically and thus likely to infect each other in summer, but it strikes me as optimistic that it's actually going to happen considering how quickly international cases are currently escalating, the cat is certainly clawing its way out of the bag rather furiously at this point.

    anything new on that case of re-infection in Japan ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  5. #785
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,289
    corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon

  6. #786
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon
    That's what my monies on. Likely that the fatality rate will drop in line with Flu after a couple of years as well, as the more serious strains die out and people get low level immunities.

    Means another annual jab.

    Part of Japan I'm working in seems to be relatively unaffected at the moment. Tokyo isn't quite in full on crisis mode yet either, but probably soon.

  7. #787
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon
    That's what my monies on. Likely that the fatality rate will drop in line with Flu after a couple of years as well, as the more serious strains die out and people get low level immunities.

    Means another annual jab.

    Part of Japan I'm working in seems to be relatively unaffected at the moment. Tokyo isn't quite in full on crisis mode yet either, but probably soon.
    I think (hope) the fatality rate is currently massively overestimated because the number of cases is likely to be (sadly) underestimated.
    In SKorea where they're doing a lot of testing, they're finding big numbers of infected but the fatality rate is like 0.5%... still higher than flu, but much more palatable than 2%+
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  8. #788
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,289
    Fuck it im calling Stoffl in the coronapool

  9. #789
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  10. #790
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Part of Japan I'm working in seems to be relatively unaffected at the moment. Tokyo isn't quite in full on crisis mode yet either, but probably soon.
    I got my Japan related news from here:

  11. #791
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15,330
    so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

    we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  12. #792
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

    we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    0/0 here with 14 tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  13. #793
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    3,030
    Like I said before, glad I’m in capitalist Caldari state of Singapore. They do things right here.

    Despite being one of the first countries to have cases I bet I’ll be one of the last ones sick.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  14. #794
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Like I said before, glad I’m in capitalist Caldari state of Singapore. They do things right here.

    Despite being one of the first countries to have cases I bet I’ll be one of the last ones sick.
    Turn the lights off then when you leave

  15. #795
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

    we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    0/0 here with 14 tested.
    He is talking about real countries


    Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  16. #796
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

    we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    0/0 here with 14 tested.
    He is talking about real countries


    Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    17minutes til the UK announces today's toll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  17. #797
    Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Fuck it im calling Stoffl in the coronapool
    Am I nothing to you?

    :sob:
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  18. #798
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,714
    UK: As of 9am 2 March 2020, a total of 13,525 people have been tested: 13,485 negative. 40 positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  19. #799
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon
    Fair.
    Heard someone in another nearby room absolutely coughing his lungs up earlier.
    Thank God for single room luxury...


    Le Autriche stats:

    16 confirmed cases, one old geezer dieded. Rest had pretty mild experiences.


    MI8m8
    Last edited by Stoffl; March 2 2020 at 01:55:57 PM.

  20. #800
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,085
    Smallest Serbia here, whole of 45 people tested, 0 infected, take that with a huge grain of salt, a lot of upper class go to Italy every couple of weeks and we have a large ish Chinese community.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •