hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 40 of 491 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

I want to change my vote in the Sickpool to Lachesis.

I will endeavor not to disappoint, but it’s still a pretty low order of probability that I have it.

If I develop a proper cough or shortness of breath I will go get tested, though.

F
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

and we're at 4 infected in two separate "infection chains". the messaging has shifted from "we're going to contain this" to "we're going to delay it to summer"

i get why, we're less packed in physically and thus likely to infect each other in summer, but it strikes me as optimistic that it's actually going to happen considering how quickly international cases are currently escalating, the cat is certainly clawing its way out of the bag rather furiously at this point.

anything new on that case of re-infection in Japan ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    corona could become a new seasonal flu to add to the list. Its not going away any time soon
    That's what my monies on. Likely that the fatality rate will drop in line with Flu after a couple of years as well, as the more serious strains die out and people get low level immunities.

Means another annual jab.

Part of Japan I'm working in seems to be relatively unaffected at the moment. Tokyo isn't quite in full on crisis mode yet either, but probably soon.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    That's what my monies on. Likely that the fatality rate will drop in line with Flu after a couple of years as well, as the more serious strains die out and people get low level immunities.

Means another annual jab.

Part of Japan I'm working in seems to be relatively unaffected at the moment. Tokyo isn't quite in full on crisis mode yet either, but probably soon.
    I think (hope) the fatality rate is currently massively overestimated because the number of cases is likely to be (sadly) underestimated.
    In SKorea where they're doing a lot of testing, they're finding big numbers of infected but the fatality rate is like 0.5%... still higher than flu, but much more palatable than 2%+
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Fuck it im calling Stoffl in the coronapool

whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I got my Japan related news from here:

so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, out of curiosity how is the confirmed infected/quarantined breakdown looking where you are at FHC ?

we're looking at 4 confirmed cases with 122 people in quarantine right now, so a 1 to 30 ratio on a tiny sample size.
    0/0 here with 14 tested.

Like I said before, glad I’m in capitalist Caldari state of Singapore. They do things right here.

Despite being one of the first countries to have cases I bet I’ll be one of the last ones sick.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Like I said before, glad I’m in capitalist Caldari state of Singapore. They do things right here.

Despite being one of the first countries to have cases I bet I’ll be one of the last ones sick.
    Turn the lights off then when you leave

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

0/0 here with 14 tested.
    He is talking about real countries

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

0/0 here with 14 tested.
    He is talking about real countries

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

17minutes til the UK announces today's toll.

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Fuck it im calling Stoffl in the coronapool
    Am I nothing to you?

:sob:
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

UK: As of 9am 2 March 2020, a total of 13,525 people have been tested: 13,485 negative. 40 positive.

Fair.
    Heard someone in another nearby room absolutely coughing his lungs up earlier.
    Thank God for single room luxury...

Le Autriche stats:

16 confirmed cases, one old geezer dieded. Rest had pretty mild experiences.

MI8m8
    Last edited by Stoffl; March 2 2020 at 01:55:57 PM.

Smallest Serbia here, whole of 45 people tested, 0 infected, take that with a huge grain of salt, a lot of upper class go to Italy every couple of weeks and we have a large ish Chinese community.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk