hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 460 of 487 FirstFirst ... 360410450457458459460461462463470 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

  1. #9181
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,289
    Haven't Finns been practicing social distancing for generations already?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  2. #9182
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    if you were 5 days in and not isolated your wife and kid aren't safer because you locked yourself in a room on day 6 tho? Unless you've been isolated this whole time the moments passed.
    I've isolated consistently the whole time and their daily tests are clear. It's been rough more from the isolation from my wife and kid and staying in one room 24/7 than from the actual illness which has been like a feverish cold.

    I've had little cough if any. Occasional throat clear rather than anything persistent. I've heard this is common for Omicron.

    I'm so fucking bored but better that than my wife or kid sick.
    Last edited by Lallante; December 23 2021 at 11:08:22 PM.

  3. #9183
    Jori McKie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8, 2014
    Location
    Lumpy
    Posts
    316
    I got my booster shot on the 21th, cross jabbed with Moderna, again no side effects at all. This time it was easy to get an appointment. Got one within a day and could choose the time i preferred just was surprised the whole event was run by the Bundeswehr. Finally something they're good at.

    It seems many Germans after all got the sense it's urgent and better to get the booster shot asap. ~30m booster shots as of today, we may get lucky with omicron as we are 2 to 3 weeks behind the wave in Britain. (Germany infection numbers are going down right now) Maybe our new government is bold enough to forward the day of mandatory vaccination. It was planned for Feb/March but with Omicron lurking and ICUs being full, sometimes you have to have faith...
    I still can't wait to see the face of our 2 (i know of) last not vaccinated coworkers when the law tells them to get vaccinated or ... Well i hope the fines and restrictions are harsh.

    On a side note, in Germany we have an ethical council advising our gov. One of the members told a news magazine that it would be OK to consider the vaccination status of a person when it comes to triage. In other words let the unvaccinated fuckers die.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; December 24 2021 at 01:39:17 PM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

  4. #9184
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,346
    My partner's LAMP test came back positive today, it was submitted yesterday. At the same time, the lateral flow test she carried out this morning was negative.

    Unavoidable sadly, one bedroom flat with no room to isolate and no family close by to stay with. Thankfully she is even more vaccinated than I am so now we begin the staying indoors all the fucking time.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  5. #9185
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,345
    So as I came down with a light cold just in time for xmas and since I didnt want to risk anything I never went to see mom and sis. Not that I think its covid, none of the normal symptoms, and feels very much like a minor man-cold.
    Im isolating as it is anyway I thought I would check to see if I could get a test. I cant. There are none. We are all out. And if I find one its like €10-20-50 for a kit.

    My first reaction wasnt that we are out, it was that it costs money. We are basically asked to test at the slightest symptom and 1) there arent any kits and 2) you are asking people to shell out, realistically, €30 every time you need to make sure?
    In case anyone wonders how you make people stop giving a shit this is how. And also, how can we keep a realistic infection and trace statistic if no one can/gets tested?
    Why this is has been asked towards the responsible politicians and health ministers etc and the answer is basically a hand wave... I am speechless tbh.

    Anyway, the reinstated some restrictions on # of people at a party/event, distance at bars/only seated serving, covid test/pass requirements to enter venues until end of Jan. I suspect it will be extended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  6. #9186

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,126
    Much sympathies for you all, the whole Duo house has covid and is in isolation until Jan 1st. Whats really fucking annoying is good luck getting shopping slots over christmas. Won't lie part of me thinks fuck it and I should just go to the shops. Or they should give you a way to bump people off the shopping slots if you have a positive test.

  7. #9187

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,484
    Sucks, but please first try calling your monkeysphere and seeing if anyone could offer some help

  8. #9188
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Much sympathies for you all, the whole Duo house has covid and is in isolation until Jan 1st. Whats really fucking annoying is good luck getting shopping slots over christmas. Won't lie part of me thinks fuck it and I should just go to the shops. Or they should give you a way to bump people off the shopping slots if you have a positive test.
    Right? I ended up using Deliveroo to get some stuff from the co-op, which is about the most expensive way to shop I can think of, because Tesco's basically went 'yeah good luck with that, we might be able to do something on the 30th'.

    Luckily my mum said she'll do a shop for us post-Christmas, but until I got the positive, I was on nights then planning to go straight to mum's for Christmas so it's not like I had much food in the flat; both of us were scheduled to work straight up to Christmas.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  9. #9189
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    So as I came down with a light cold just in time for xmas and since I didnt want to risk anything I never went to see mom and sis. Not that I think its covid, none of the normal symptoms, and feels very much like a minor man-cold.
    Im isolating as it is anyway I thought I would check to see if I could get a test. I cant. There are none. We are all out. And if I find one its like €10-20-50 for a kit.

    My first reaction wasnt that we are out, it was that it costs money. We are basically asked to test at the slightest symptom and 1) there arent any kits and 2) you are asking people to shell out, realistically, €30 every time you need to make sure?
    In case anyone wonders how you make people stop giving a shit this is how. And also, how can we keep a realistic infection and trace statistic if no one can/gets tested?
    Why this is has been asked towards the responsible politicians and health ministers etc and the answer is basically a hand wave... I am speechless tbh.

    Anyway, the reinstated some restrictions on # of people at a party/event, distance at bars/only seated serving, covid test/pass requirements to enter venues until end of Jan. I suspect it will be extended.
    Omicron presents exactly like a cold. Are they not free there? They are here, you can go into any pharmacy or the gov website and get 6+

    Brofist for solo christmas. I at least can hear my kid having a good time downstairs though so it must be even tougher for you. Good for you playing it safe.

  10. #9190
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Much sympathies for you all, the whole Duo house has covid and is in isolation until Jan 1st. Whats really fucking annoying is good luck getting shopping slots over christmas. Won't lie part of me thinks fuck it and I should just go to the shops. Or they should give you a way to bump people off the shopping slots if you have a positive test.
    That sucks mate; can you get a neighbour (or even a random from a local facebook group or whatever) to do a shopping run for you? Many people will step up when COVID is the issue.

  11. #9191
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    So as I came down with a light cold just in time for xmas and since I didnt want to risk anything I never went to see mom and sis. Not that I think its covid, none of the normal symptoms, and feels very much like a minor man-cold.
    Im isolating as it is anyway I thought I would check to see if I could get a test. I cant. There are none. We are all out. And if I find one its like €10-20-50 for a kit.

    My first reaction wasnt that we are out, it was that it costs money. We are basically asked to test at the slightest symptom and 1) there arent any kits and 2) you are asking people to shell out, realistically, €30 every time you need to make sure?
    In case anyone wonders how you make people stop giving a shit this is how. And also, how can we keep a realistic infection and trace statistic if no one can/gets tested?
    Why this is has been asked towards the responsible politicians and health ministers etc and the answer is basically a hand wave... I am speechless tbh.

    Anyway, the reinstated some restrictions on # of people at a party/event, distance at bars/only seated serving, covid test/pass requirements to enter venues until end of Jan. I suspect it will be extended.
    Omicron presents exactly like a cold. Are they not free there? They are here, you can go into any pharmacy or the gov website and get 6+

    Brofist for solo christmas. I at least can hear my kid having a good time downstairs though so it must be even tougher for you. Good for you playing it safe.
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

    Yeah, given what I've read it could be omicron maybe, but we are talking very, very minor symptoms. Just tired and light sniffles now really. But I have no plans of doing anything involving other people for another 3 days at least anyway.
    I managed to stock up on food and drink through deliveries etc so I can really sit on my ass, eat, drink, watch movies and game for another week if I have to.

    I be honest, I was 100% sure they were free still. I had never in my life thought they would start charging for them. One of my best friends made me aware of both cost and lack of kits a couple of weeks ago when she was hunting for one for her bf.
    That said, things might have actually picked up regarding testing options...It actually looks like I can order a home test through gov website (for free) again but there is a note about slight delays (or no delivery during weekends).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  12. #9192
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,204
    I've found amazon groceries via Morrison's to be good for multiple orders and availability.

    Choice is a little limited but you can get by without a problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  13. #9193

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Much sympathies for you all, the whole Duo house has covid and is in isolation until Jan 1st. Whats really fucking annoying is good luck getting shopping slots over christmas. Won't lie part of me thinks fuck it and I should just go to the shops. Or they should give you a way to bump people off the shopping slots if you have a positive test.
    Right? I ended up using Deliveroo to get some stuff from the co-op, which is about the most expensive way to shop I can think of, because Tesco's basically went 'yeah good luck with that, we might be able to do something on the 30th'.

    Luckily my mum said she'll do a shop for us post-Christmas, but until I got the positive, I was on nights then planning to go straight to mum's for Christmas so it's not like I had much food in the flat; both of us were scheduled to work straight up to Christmas.
    We found a way, but its still a crap shoot, we bbooked a slot for the 28th now so we will be fine tbh. It's just frustrating because covid or not theres not much choice for you for a short notice shop.

    We were the same, booked out for xmas and new year, so not a lot of food in the house.

    Lost my taste buds this morning, which sucked. It came back by dinner time tho! So yay!

  14. #9194
    Smegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,288
    Stay safe ladies & gents.

    Also had a mild cold on the lead up to chrimbo. All LFT's have been negative thus far (was given a couple of packets of LFT's when 5G booster was installed) but still isolated anyways, as the current varient appears to be rather tricksy. One of the housemates had his parents round for chrimbo day, so i was more than happy to camp in my shoebox room and mask up when using facilities to not get in the way of their celebration, expecting that i could emerge today like the beautiful butterfly that i am (well, more ground dwelling grub) and at least be able to shitpost. Queue housemate then saying he was going to get the other parts of his family round for a get together today. When i asked if he wouldn't mind going round theirs instead he proceeds to give me a shitload of grief about over-reacting and how he 'lives here too' .... sigh.

    I understand that due to the negative tests i might be playing overly safe, but holy shit, the population has played not very safe at all over the last couple of years and look where it has gotten us. And yes i am pretty pissed that we have yet another year where we are limited on what we can do due to general selfishness and stupidity.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

  15. #9195
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,389
    Time to play really loud death metal all day because "you live there too"
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  16. #9196
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Stay safe ladies & gents.

    Also had a mild cold on the lead up to chrimbo. All LFT's have been negative thus far (was given a couple of packets of LFT's when 5G booster was installed) but still isolated anyways, as the current varient appears to be rather tricksy. One of the housemates had his parents round for chrimbo day, so i was more than happy to camp in my shoebox room and mask up when using facilities to not get in the way of their celebration, expecting that i could emerge today like the beautiful butterfly that i am (well, more ground dwelling grub) and at least be able to shitpost. Queue housemate then saying he was going to get the other parts of his family round for a get together today. When i asked if he wouldn't mind going round theirs instead he proceeds to give me a shitload of grief about over-reacting and how he 'lives here too' .... sigh.

    I understand that due to the negative tests i might be playing overly safe, but holy shit, the population has played not very safe at all over the last couple of years and look where it has gotten us. And yes i am pretty pissed that we have yet another year where we are limited on what we can do due to general selfishness and stupidity.
    If you've got actual cold symptoms and do 2 LFTs and they both come up negative after leaving them for 30 mins, you almost certainly dont have covid and are certainly not contagious.

    Your housemate is an absolute cobbler's uncle terrence tho

  17. #9197
    Jori McKie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8, 2014
    Location
    Lumpy
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Stay safe ladies & gents.

    Also had a mild cold on the lead up to chrimbo. All LFT's have been negative thus far (was given a couple of packets of LFT's when 5G booster was installed) but still isolated anyways, as the current varient appears to be rather tricksy. One of the housemates had his parents round for chrimbo day, so i was more than happy to camp in my shoebox room and mask up when using facilities to not get in the way of their celebration, expecting that i could emerge today like the beautiful butterfly that i am (well, more ground dwelling grub) and at least be able to shitpost. Queue housemate then saying he was going to get the other parts of his family round for a get together today. When i asked if he wouldn't mind going round theirs instead he proceeds to give me a shitload of grief about over-reacting and how he 'lives here too' .... sigh.

    I understand that due to the negative tests i might be playing overly safe, but holy shit, the population has played not very safe at all over the last couple of years and look where it has gotten us. And yes i am pretty pissed that we have yet another year where we are limited on what we can do due to general selfishness and stupidity.
    If you've got actual cold symptoms and do 2 LFTs and they both come up negative after leaving them for 30 mins, you almost certainly dont have covid and are certainly not contagious.

    Your housemate is an absolute cobbler's uncle terrence tho
    Smegs you have a really shitty housemate.


    About those test.
    I assume LFT means Covid nasal self tests or something. In that case you're in a bad surprise, they are unreliable in the early stages of covid with low virus load. The German Paul-Ehrlich-Institut tested 122 of them, 22 of them were trash. The best test was 95% correct with a medium virus load and only 20% correct with a low virus load.
    That numbers were for Delta nobody is sure how good the tests are for omicron.
    https://www.pei.de/DE/newsroom/dossi...stsysteme.html
    https://www.pei.de/SharedDocs/Downlo...ationFile&v=67
    Last edited by Jori McKie; December 26 2021 at 09:45:34 PM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

  18. #9198

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Im isolating as it is anyway I thought I would check to see if I could get a test. I cant. There are none. We are all out. And if I find one its like €10-20-50 for a kit.

    My first reaction wasnt that we are out, it was that it costs money. We are basically asked to test at the slightest symptom and 1) there arent any kits and 2) you are asking people to shell out, realistically, €30 every time you need to make sure?
    In case anyone wonders how you make people stop giving a shit this is how. And also, how can we keep a realistic infection and trace statistic if no one can/gets tested?
    Why this is has been asked towards the responsible politicians and health ministers etc and the answer is basically a hand wave... I am speechless tbh.

    .
    In NL we have so many kits the prices dropped from 7,50 to 3,50. Small shops are actually making a loss selling them. They are something like 1.50 when you buy a million. GG on your government for handling that well.
    There is a batch of 300-ish million facial masks about to expire (of the 3 layers the middle is ionized), instead of having them re-done or giving them away for free the gov is selling them for cents on the euro. Not even to 3rd world countries who could really use them but just to wholesellers in Poland etc.

    https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/240...andse-opkopers
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  19. #9199
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    All LFT's have been negative thus far
    It's funny it only took like 18 months to have this confusing acronym which usually meant Liver Function Tests

  20. #9200

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    It's funny it only took like 18 months to have this confusing acronym which usually meant Liver Function Tests
    One more for the list. https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/LFT

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •