hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 449 of 470 FirstFirst ... 349399439446447448449450451452459 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 9391

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    New thread title since plague is only one form of disease.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

What happened with all that black mould stuff with covid infections? Bad click through rates so media stopped reporting on it?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What happened with all that black mould stuff with covid infections? Bad click through rates so media stopped reporting on it?
    wut?

Let me guess....source: Alex Jones?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi...d_black_fungus

TL;DR tropical environments combined with high blood sugar from untreated diabetes makes a particularly good environment for secondary fungal infections.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    wut?

Let me guess....source: Alex Jones?
    No it is a real thing: https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...a-mucormycosis

My guess is that is was a real, but rare problem. It got a bit of coverage, because 'black mold infecting the brain' sounds so horrific. But doctors fine-tuned the steroid doses and / or upped the anti-fungals and avoided it.

Too bad, easy fix ain't so easy.

For the final analysis, Merck combined the two batches, concluding that molnupiravir was 30 percent effective overall at preventing hospitalization and death. Of the 699 people total who received a placebo, 68 were hospitalized and nine died. Of the 710 people total who received molnupiravir, 48 were hospitalized and one died. The rates of hospitalization and death worked out to 9.7 percent in the placebo group compared with 6.8 percent in the molnupiravir group, suggesting the drug led to a 3 percent decrease in absolute risk and a 30 percent decrease in relative risk.

Members of the FDA panel summarized the efficacy data as "not overwhelmingly good" and "modest at best."
    Source: Womp, womp: Efficacy of Merck’s Thor-inspired COVID pill crumbles, vexing experts

https://sampo.thl.fi/pivot/prod/fi/e...v19incisummary

In Moonspeak, but some nice breakdowns on the vaccination effectiveness in Finland, blue = no vaccinations, light blue = 1 dose, purple = full set of vaccinations, broken down by age group and reported as cases requiring hospitalization per month per 100k population in the given group.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

For the final analysis, Merck combined the two batches, concluding that molnupiravir was 30 percent effective overall at preventing hospitalization and death. Of the 699 people total who received a placebo, 68 were hospitalized and nine died. Of the 710 people total who received molnupiravir, 48 were hospitalized and one died. The rates of hospitalization and death worked out to 9.7 percent in the placebo group compared with 6.8 percent in the molnupiravir group, suggesting the drug led to a 3 percent decrease in absolute risk and a 30 percent decrease in relative risk.

Members of the FDA panel summarized the efficacy data as "not overwhelmingly good" and "modest at best."
    Source: Womp, womp: Efficacy of Merck’s Thor-inspired COVID pill crumbles, vexing experts
    This is not encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

This is not encouraging
    But, with that strategy, there's also the potential it could disrupt the genetic code of humans. AMDAC members largely felt that Merck had not done enough safety monitoring to better understand the risk of mutations in people, particularly in pregnant people.
    Ok....give anti-vax muppets more fuel? Do more testing, adjust the pills.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

top keks all around
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

So judging by modern cinema we're getting super heroes now?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    So judging by modern cinema we're getting super heroes now?
    Thinking more 'softenon' babies myself.

https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Softenon
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Omicron variant may have picked up a piece of common-cold virus

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2021-12-03/
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Omicron variant may have picked up a piece of common-cold virus

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2021-12-03/
    We can all get foggy brain, mildly. Like just "the flu" it'll be seasonal.

Erm excuse me sweetie, but foggy brained employees are less productive and therefore we should be allowed to pay then below minimum wage for a period of time after they test positive
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Erm excuse me sweetie, but foggy brained employees are less productive and therefore we should be allowed to pay then below minimum wage for a period of time after they test positive
    I mean, the foggy brain may very well be permanent, so, so should the reduced wage.
    meh

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I mean, the foggy brain may very well be permanent, so, so should the reduced wage.
    Don't worry I'm sure we will get there

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Unity and what not. Like a lung all Roni'd up. One solid mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In Italy you already get reduced pay if you are covid sick and not vaccinated.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Good.