hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 448 of 471 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 9403

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    first ever mRNA vaccine
    Not true. mRNA vaccine research started in the 1970s, was first tested on mice in the 90s, has been used in livestock for over a decade, and was first tested on humans in 2013.

This is, however, the first human mRNA vaccine brought to market.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

At least some possible good news:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...t-b968960.html

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    61 of 600 passengers from the last planes leaving South Africa>NL have Covid, not sure if omicron yet.
    Wtf.
    To be fair they made them sit in the plane on the tarmac for like 8 hours to give it maximum chance to spread as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    61 of 600 passengers from the last planes leaving South Africa>NL have Covid, not sure if omicron yet.
    Wtf.
    Those 61 are forced in a Isolation Hotel, the rest are send home and recommended to isolate.....
    So 10% of the people on that plane were infected but the rest can go home, madness.
    Especially insane when you consider ALL of the passangers on that plane had a clean PCR 24 hours before flying.

Going back and rereading some of the earlier pages from this thread the thing I am most struck by is how all the COVID sceptics stopped posting. Where is Alastair, Candy Crush, Larkonis (ok I know this one) etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Going back and rereading some of the earlier pages from this thread the thing I am most struck by is how all the COVID sceptics stopped posting. Where is Alastair, Candy Crush, Larkonis (ok I know this one) etc?
    No need to try to whip up arguments. Isn't the most charitable explanation, that they were initially sceptical, but as more data became available they changed their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    No need to try to whip up arguments. Isn't the most charitable explanation, that they were initially sceptical, but as more data became available they changed their minds?
    and stopped posting

Candy & Larkonis banned, IIRC.

Alistair stopped posting altogether back at the end of March. Too much bullying by certain community members who disagreed with his opinions and never gave him credit for being one of the very few posters on this forum that actually has the balls to a) admit he was wrong and b) changed his mind after exchanging arguments.

Alastair's own very elderly grandmother caught Covid somewhere around last summer and he was pretty certain it was going to kill her (it didn't, thankfully), so I wouldn't have called him a sceptic at the very least by that point.

I saw the following in the news yesterday and although I somewhat was somehow aware of it all the time, seeing those numbers (again) blew my mind:

So far worldwide

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    and how many weeks, if not months, until this new version is actually going to get delivered?

for the vast majority, that's 6 months to never. remember all the shenanigans over initial vaccine deliveries ?
    That was mostly AZ. Apart from some relatively minor initial start-up problems Pfizer/BioNTech has always over-delivered IIRC.
    Pfizer doesn't have the production capacity to do speedy delivery that fast, unless you're front-line staff, elderly or at risk, you're not seeing a dose before mid summer at the earliest.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I saw the following in the news yesterday and although I somewhat was somehow aware of it all the time, seeing those numbers (again) blew my mind:

So far worldwide

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
    There are other places online that peg the actual death count to over 4 million in India alone, a few spots ran out of firewood for pyres, and the US has to be at least double what's reported. I haven't looked up excess deaths in a bit since I've taken up day drinking again.

I don't think Alistair was a sceptic from a medical perspective, just political response focused.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I dip in every now and then... I am many things but not a COVID sceptic...

I was posting this at the time when you mongs were postulating COVID was going to be a bit nothing burger...

absolute lallante and rufuske scenes
    Last edited by RazoR; November 30 2021 at 08:17:59 PM.

Lallante is confusing the people he is talking about on a regular basis so dont worry about it Larkonis. Guy needs some memory pills.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

and stopped posting
    Yeah you won buddy, or whatever that means.

lol Rufuske tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    and stopped posting

lol Rufuske tho
    I'm confused, what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    and stopped posting

lol Rufuske tho
    Just about your remarks at the very start of the covid pandemic. Ancient history. Also it seems you are a bad according to some if you didn't jump on the hype train from day 1. ...or something
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    and stopped posting

lol Rufuske tho
    Just about your remarks at the very start of the covid pandemic. Ancient history. Also it seems you are a bad according to some if you didn't jump on the hype train from day 1. ...or something
    Considering where we are now I feel like I nailed it. And it doesn't bring any comfort. Quite the contrary, I wish I was wrong.

And re Alistair, again I feel like I was among the few that were trying to point out instead of berating him, you should cherish him as your biggest accomplishment, as some worth discussing with, made him do a pretty much 180 on his political beliefs. Too bad other bandwagon dumdums chased him off. That's why and how this forum dies.
    Last edited by rufuske; December 1 2021 at 01:28:02 AM.