hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 302 of 319 FirstFirst ... 202252292299300301302303304305312 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6365

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

Friend of mine works AZ in Sweden, he got his first shot today, mandatory requirement as they are producing 2 products to counter C19 and one is vaccine. I can always ask if he knows how much they are producing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Can I be concerned without whining all day on forums about?
    No! At least not if you are actually serious about it!

Trying not to be a bigot here but generally speaking first to sign first in line.

If you waited 3 months, that was a subjective deal based on calculations at the time, and they are now focusing on filling already signed contractual obligations rather than paper ones made that haven't been signed yet?

would that not make sense to anyone else in business terms, regardless of product, industry or geo?

The EU signed with AZ last year, 3 months after the UK. So no one "hasn't signed yet".

From what I've read it sounds like AZ has assigned specific manufacturing plants to produce for specific contracts (some for UK, some for EU etc.) and is now distributing based on the output from factories to the contracts their output has been linked with. The EU paid AZ "extra money" to set up more capacity starting in October last year, and the EU thinks that AZ took some of the production made in plants assigned to the EU, gave that to the other countries to fill gaps in the production of plants assigned to those countries and is now refusing to do the same in reverse.

Contractually it sounds like the AZ-EU contract is on a "best effort" basis, so not binding, and I would expect that to be the case for pretty much all their contracts.

Much of this is guess work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    brilliant coming out from alistair
    Dude. Everyone here knows I'm a big fattie. It's not news.
    Relevant rn, are you a fatty by choice or a medical condition?
    Not that this applies to alistair necessarily, but just being poor in america can lead to obesity. Its hardy a cut and dry choice/health condition thing
    That's not restricted to the U.S. however. Cheap (industrial) food tends to be made out of horrible ingredients. And the typical supermarket tends to carry a decent stock of it. Yes, you can make good food from equally cheap good (natural) ingredients yourself, but that often involves a) heading to a couple of different shops and b) more often, because it's not canned food = it's time-consuming, which these people probably rather spent on earning money. It also requires (more) effort and knowledge (cooking), which is something (the cooking) the kids never pick up from their parents. Ironically enough a quite old-fashioned course in school - domestic science*), could help with that.

*) Not sure if that's the right term, that's what the translator gave me for "Hauswirtschaftslehre".

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Not that this applies to alistair necessarily, but just being poor in america can lead to obesity. Its hardy a cut and dry choice/health condition thing
    That's not restricted to the U.S. however. Cheap (industrial) food tends to be made out of horrible ingredients. And the typical supermarket tends to carry a decent stock of it. Yes, you can make good food from equally cheap good (natural) ingredients yourself, but that often involves a) heading to a couple of different shops and b) more often, because it's not canned food = it's time-consuming, which these people probably rather spent on earning money. It also requires (more) effort and knowledge (cooking), which is something (the cooking) the kids never pick up from their parents. Ironically enough a quite old-fashioned course in school - domestic science*), could help with that.

*) Not sure if that's the right term, that's what the translator gave me for "Hauswirtschaftslehre".
    food tech, where you make scones for a year with varying results

Ultimately, I am personally responsible for my condition, regardless of the causes. I never made the transition from "can eat anything and not gain weight" young athlete to "can't eat anything because sedentary life" old fattie who likes restaurant food (and hard liquor), and I allowed it to get worse over ~30 years.
    Fortunately, this is me, even today at 50+. I eat whenever whatever I like. And I don't eat only healthy stuff.

TBH, I struggle with the opposite. I weigh to less for my size. Yes, I smoke. But it always has been that way. With a height of 1.85 m (that's ~ 6'2 for you yanks), I never crossed the 70kg (154 lbs) line. I hover around the 65kg (143 lbs) mark. However, with my size and age, I should weigh ("Idealgewicht") 88kg (194 lbs), if our ministry of health is to be trusted.

Ultimately, I am personally responsible for my condition, regardless of the causes. I never made the transition from "can eat anything and not gain weight" young athlete to "can't eat anything because sedentary life" old fattie who likes restaurant food (and hard liquor), and I allowed it to get worse over ~30 years.
    Fortunately, this is me, even today at 50+. I eat whenever whatever I like. And I don't eat only healthy stuff.

TBH, I struggle with the opposite. I weigh to less for my size. Yes, I smoke. But it always has been that way. With a height of 1.85 m (that's ~ 6'2 for you yanks), I never crossed the 70kg (154 lbs) line. I hover around the 65kg (143 lbs) mark. However, with my size and age, I should weigh ("Idealgewicht") 88kg (194 lbs), if our ministry of health is to be trusted.
    I'm 6'5" myself, my only saving grace at this weight.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

food tech, where you make scones for a year with varying results
    I don't think that's it. Hauswirtschaftslehre is a much broader course, it involves a lot of other stuff to keep your home "going", e.g. keeping care of your clothing (sewing, washing), cleaning your home and also basic book-keeping. In the "old days" (my mother had such a course in school), it was a mandatory course for girls, basically preparing them to become the "ideal pride" for her husband. This attitude thankfully has changed by now, but the stuff taught still makes sense today. For example I was totally unprepared to leave my parent's home. I don't know how to cook, how to wash my cloths, how to iron etc. I was raised as a boy. Therefore the only labor I had to do at home was "man stuff", e.g. cleaning the garden, dish washing etc. I didn't like it at all. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't liked cooking, if I was ordered to help with that. But I would nonetheless learned some stuff I had to learn the hard way trying to cook myself in order to not starve.

I talked with my mother about that topic a couple of years ago. She was quite surprised at first (maybe even upset), but after giving it a thought, she agreed. But back in the day, it just was like that. Boys would get raised the "man's way" and girls "the woman's way". I just thought about it for a second: of all my friends back then - boys and girls - I don't remember anyone being raised differently.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    The EU signed with AZ last year, 3 months after the UK. So no one "hasn't signed yet".

From what I've read it sounds like AZ has assigned specific manufacturing plants to produce for specific contracts (some for UK, some for EU etc.) and is now distributing based on the output from factories to the contracts their output has been linked with. The EU paid AZ "extra money" to set up more capacity starting in October last year, and the EU thinks that AZ took some of the production made in plants assigned to the EU, gave that to the other countries to fill gaps in the production of plants assigned to those countries and is now refusing to do the same in reverse.

Contractually it sounds like the AZ-EU contract is on a "best effort" basis, so not binding, and I would expect that to be the case for pretty much all their contracts.

Shipping doses to Britain while you know that your plant in Belgium has problems or might have problems is not "best effort" to me, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Shipping doses to Britain while you know that your plant in Belgium has problems or might have problems is not "best effort" to me, don't you agree?
    Indeed I don't agree.

I don't think that's it. Hauswirtschaftslehre is a much broader course, it involves a lot of other stuff to keep your home "going", e.g. keeping care of your clothing (sewing, washing), cleaning your home and also basic book-keeping. In the "old days" (my mother had such a course in school), it was a mandatory course for girls, basically preparing them to become the "ideal pride" for her husband. This attitude thankfully has changed by now, but the stuff taught still makes sense today. For example I was totally unprepared to leave my parent's home. I don't know how to cook, how to wash my cloths, how to iron etc. I was raised as a boy. Therefore the only labor I had to do at home was "man stuff", e.g. cleaning the garden, dish washing etc. I didn't like it at all. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't liked cooking, if I was ordered to help with that. But I would nonetheless learned some stuff I had to learn the hard way trying to cook myself in order to not starve.

I talked with my mother about that topic a couple of years ago. She was quite surprised at first (maybe even upset), but after giving it a thought, she agreed. But back in the day, it just was like that. Boys would get raised the "man's way" and girls "the woman's way". I just thought about it for a second: of all my friends back then - boys and girls - I don't remember anyone being raised differently.
    I think literally "art of housekeeping in practice" would be the best translation. I had that in elementary school for a short while, 8th grade I think, we learned to saw, elementary cooking and house repairs etc. Tis really a shame it's not taught in schools anymore. Should be mandatory, along with many other useful skills that would actually prepare people for life. I didn't know shit about cooking when I moved out since my grandmothers were queens of the kitchen so it was always "get out of my way, kid, this is my kitchen, go play with legos"
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

In other (German) COVID news, the first state (Baden-Württemberg) is to going to reopen kindergarden and elementary schools on Monday ... at a time when Germany just a week ago put up a new restriction (amongst others) that FFP2 or clinical masks are now mandatory while shopping or using public transport, because the infection rates keep getting up. Those cloth masks aren't enough.

In other (German) COVID news, the first state (Baden-Württemberg) is to going to reopen kindergarden and elementary schools on Monday ... at a time when Germany just a week ago put up a new restriction (amongst others) that FFP2 or clinical masks are now mandatory while shopping or using public transport, because the infection rates keep getting up. Those cloth masks aren't enough.
    Retards. Thankfully Berlin realized that opening early isn't a good idea. That realization was fueled by pretty much every principal declaring that they wouldn't reopen no matter the rules and would take the consequences. The city could deal with one or to principals doing that, but not all of them. There's a shortage of teachers in general and principals in particular. Not to mention that the whole thing went public.
    nevar forget

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    For those of you that finds nasal swabs to be uncomfortable, don't worry, there is an alternative!

China*has begun using anal swabs to test those it considers to be at high risk of contracting Covid-19, state TV has reported.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nfection-areas
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    For those of you that finds nasal swabs to be uncomfortable, don't worry, there is an alternative!

China*has begun using anal swabs to test those it considers to be at high risk of contracting Covid-19, state TV has reported.
    so the swabs i've had were nasal and tonsils. i presume that this will be similar, bit of ass to mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post

so the swabs i've had were nasal and tonsils. i presume that this will be similar, bit of ass to mouth?
    By Jupiter’s cock, it will feel like your cock in ass!
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

I think literally "art of housekeeping in practice" would be the best translation. I had that in elementary school for a short while, 8th grade I think, we learned to saw, elementary cooking and house repairs etc. Tis really a shame it's not taught in schools anymore. Should be mandatory, along with many other useful skills that would actually prepare people for life. I didn't know shit about cooking when I moved out since my grandmothers were queens of the kitchen so it was always "get out of my way, kid, this is my kitchen, go play with legos"
    I consider myself lucky that albeit I haven't hit 40 yet I've been nicking knowledge from my grandmother on my mother's side (may she rest in peace). My parents never made me do any chores but I did help around the house best I could (washing dishes and stuff), but also never taught me to sew or cook. All of that was my nan. She never kicked me out of the kitchen, nor did she kick me out when she was working (she was a tailor working only on private commissions, I swear that woman had golden hands, everything she made was astonishing). So whilst growing up and visiting her I learned a LOT of stuff - I'm pretty sure I can knit quite well if I pick it up again, and basically when I had to sew stuff I only had to get supplies. Probably why I love leatherworking as a hobby now and the stuff I churn out is not really terrible at all. I still remember a lot of her recipes and how to wing it - believe it or not, grandmothers did not have electronic kitchen scales lol - and yet get a great final product.

I don't cook a lot lately since I've been fasting and doing OMAD with veggies since my last bout of depression made me unable to resist all the junk food, but overall I can look after my living place quite well even if I live alone.

I feel a lot of the society collapse that is coming is going to have its roots in families not teaching their young what they know - transmitting their knowledge and experience - and that is going to be really rough. I don't know where young people get their info nowadays - there's a TON of info online btw on how to do pretty much anything - but the issue is that they don't want to do it. Even people my age have issues sewing a fucking button - "yeah I'll just get a new shirt." Mate, what the fuck. Women as well, which is hilarious seeing that it's pretty much basic human knowledge to look after your stuff not be a monkey that just uses and throws shit away after it's chipped.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

i know a guy who quit his high paying sales job to make leather stuff handmade in his shed

doing pretty well now

you should do it