hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 317 of 319 FirstFirst ... 217267307314315316317318319 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6369

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Nerdstern: Just say no

Somehow I left more confused about what mRNA was supposed to be, and I know what it's supposed to be.

Is it march yet?

Not sure where I should put this, but anyway: if you cant go out and sit in your bar/restaurant so here is a way to get that ambience layered with laid back music when you're mixing up at home.

http://imissmybar.com/

I didnt know I needed this but god damn this is a excellent little idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Not sure where I should put this, but anyway: if you cant go out and sit in your bar/restaurant so here is a way to get that ambience layered with laid back music when you're mixing up at home.

http://imissmybar.com/

I didnt know I needed this but god damn this is a excellent little idea.
    Bah fuck i miss going to bars

Fuck I miss having jobs in bars, clubs and festivals
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

going to a bar, maybe three, tomorrow

shit now i kinda wanna go get the rona

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    going to a bar, maybe three, tomorrow
    Going to a festival over the weekend. :NZ:

Swedens goverment is pushing to shutdown more.
    Restsurants and cafés eill get to shutdown serving 20.30.
    Kids sporting events on the hitlist again.
    Facemasks in shops and workplaces.
    Mm something else too that wont matter much but shows that the lazy politicians lifted a finger 6 months after everyone else.

Still no mask rules after a fucking year of this shit? It's the simplest fucking part of it all and they still haven't made them mandatory?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Nerdstern: Just say no
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Somehow I left more confused about what mRNA was supposed to be, and I know what it's supposed to be.
    I thought it was good

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Swedens goverment is pushing to shutdown more.
    Restsurants and cafés eill get to shutdown serving 20.30.
    Kids sporting events on the hitlist again.
    Facemasks in shops and workplaces.
    Mm something else too that wont matter much but shows that the lazy politicians lifted a finger 6 months after everyone else.
    Wait, didn't Sweden "come out ahead" in statistics when dealing with the pandemic and what not? Oh, wait, that's not how pandemics work. What a shocker.

Still no mask rules after a fucking year of this shit? It's the simplest fucking part of it all and they still haven't made them mandatory?
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. I am honestly at a loss for words how dumb most people are and how completely retarded most goverments are. But at the moment it has passed the threshold where it was funny and popcorn worthy and raises real potential problems. If the world goes to shit how will the internet survive? Multiplayer games? We are truly doomed
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    statistics
    https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis..._November_2020

Feel free to compare your favourite policies and point out all the dirty foreigners who clearly have no idea what they are doing. Conveniently lacks data for some non-members, but I think we can infer that from the screeching anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    statistics

Feel free to compare your favourite policies and point out all the dirty foreigners who clearly have no idea what they are doing. Conveniently lacks data for some non-members, but I think we can infer that from the screeching anyways.
    This is really not about statistics. We can argue all day that I despised Sweden't policies which was basically a toned down and lubed version of survival of the fittest, but that is a personal opinion and was not my point. My point - likely poorly worded - was that everybody is so keen on going back to "normal" when there is no previous "normal" in sight and should not be for at least 6 months, probably 12. Populations need to hunker down until most people get vaccinated so people don't die in retarded ways.

Making masks mandatory in public is at this point in time reasonable and understandable and the fact that a lot of countries haven't done so is pants on head retarded. If you feel this is unreasonable then I don't even.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Ok, still in denial.
    Responding to me or others?

Show your working...
    Others. I'll repeat again. This is going to be new flu, with much higher mortality rate. There will bo no vaccine that will make it go away completely, the best one will be for seasonal as is with today's flu shot and will contain most popular strains of last season. With wide enough usage they will have some benefits like milder symptoms and lower mortality rate, but reiterating again, they will not eradicate them all to insignificance.
    Coronaviruses were here long before this strain got news coverage. They are responsible for your common cold. We never earlier tried to develop any vaccines for them because mortality rate was so low and because how easily they mutate making previous vaccine ineffective. While today first one is no longer true, second one still holds. And it's more than likely we haven't even seen worst what some mutation might do in the coming future.

But keep telling yourself whatever makes it easier for you to sleep at night.
    Again you are acting like this opinion is based of scientific evidence and not just reasoning towards a goal. I assumed this at the start but reality is trending otherwise. If management vaccines can prevent spread as well it'll be a leap forward towards an end to this pandemic. Lots of vaccine research has been accelarated and some 2nd or 3rd wave vaccines are possible coronavirus blockers for all coronaviruses, sars cov 2 is not making rapid or large mutations, several strains already existed and all are countered by vaccines.

Just like political doomsday prophecy, this stuff MAY come true but it seems highly unlikely and when it doesn't the doomsayer will just shrug and make another claim
    Ok, you're asking to disregard all and every research into coronaviruses and in the field of vaccines for those of the last 50 years because it's not aligning with your goal. All the while claiming any opinion based on it is ignoring science and just reasoning towards a goal. You know how research in psychology describes this coping mechanism?
    Except you're chatting a whole lot of shit. This virus ceases to exist if you lockdown for 4 weeks and isolate anyone who has it.

See; New Zealand, South Korea, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, various South Pacific Islands, etc.

We even saw an eradication of flu strains in New Zealand because everyone was in lockdown.

There's a reason they keep an eye on corona viruses in bats, because if you see them in the wild, you already know what they are and how to eradicate them. Otherwise, why fucking bother?

It's people like you who fucking piss and moan about how lockdown is impossible because it's an inconvenience, meanwhile other counties just bit the bullet and got it done.

Yet I have to listen to your fucking moaning about how we just have to accept grannies 80% mortality rate because you wanted your iced latte.
    Thanks for assuming so much and putting so many words in my mouth. Please point to in which part I'm moaning about lockdowns and lack of lattes. Since it seems for idiots like you reading and understanding is beyond your grasp, I will rephrase it to maybe somehow get through your thick skull to that miniature brain:

If you're hoping that in coming weeks we will get vaccine that will eradicate this problem completely and everything will go back to how it was before - you're going to be sorely disappointed. This thing is here to stay. Deal with it in whatever way seems appropriate for you.
    The irony of saying that after starting this argument in the first place.
    He's still in denial, go easy on him.
    Clearly, as seen by my reactions.
    He's not in denial, YOU'RE IN DENIAL!
    Ok, let's return to subject in march.
    Well, there's still one week left. Anything can happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    statistics

This is really not about statistics. We can argue all day that I despised Sweden't policies which was basically a toned down and lubed version of survival of the fittest, but that is a personal opinion and was not my point. My point - likely poorly worded - was that everybody is so keen on going back to "normal" when there is no previous "normal" in sight and should not be for at least 6 months, probably 12. Populations need to hunker down until most people get vaccinated so people don't die in retarded ways.

Making masks mandatory in public is at this point in time reasonable and understandable and the fact that a lot of countries haven't done so is pants on head retarded. If you feel this is unreasonable then I don't even.
    What? I just posted the statistics on excess mortality to show that no country has done this right, masks, lock-downs or not. Everyone is fumbling in the dark and making decisions based on whatever they think is best at the time. It's a bit like marketing at this point; you know that half your efforts are wasted, you just don't know which half.

The Swedish policy is no different. They don't know if what they are doing will work, they are just hoping for the best. Unfortunately a lot of that hope was placed on the general public following guidelines when one look at Stockholm should have told them that was never going to happen. Had everyone followed those guidelines it might have been different, or it might not. I commute to work by public transportation and wear a mask, not because it protects me, but because it might protect me or the other people on the train in case I have the virus without knowing and it is not really an inconvenience to do so. If you think that is unreasonable then I don't even.