hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 258 of 278 FirstFirst ... 158208248255256257258259260261268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 5554

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Its by now obvious that everyone is so terrified of even more economic damage that lockdowns will be far less severe than in spring. Line must go up!
    You'd think if they were so terrified of it they'd work harder on implementing ways for people to actually stay alive to keep working without having to lock shit down again, but nooo.

Apparently a simple mask is the worst thing for one's survival if you ask the average european moron, can't possibly survive wearing it for more than a couple minutes!

Its by now obvious that everyone is so terrified of even more economic damage that lockdowns will be far less severe than in spring. Line must go up!

Average age of coronavirus fatalities is 82

The average age of those who have died from coronavirus in England and Wales since the start of the pandemic is 82.4 years old.

Using data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), researchers at the University of Oxford found that the median age of a Covid-19 fatality was slightly higher than the median age of those who died of other causes over the same period, which was 81.5.
    Inb4 'You want to kill my nan!'

Can't have those greedy I-want-to-live-forever nans use up all the intensive care beds though or real people might keel over due to lack of hospital capacity - fly tipping nans is a go?

Here is the "brief report" on age distributions referenced in the times article that lark so kindly linked after having read about it in the daily mail:

Demographic science aids in understanding the spread and fatality rates of COVID-19
    https://www.pnas.org/content/117/18/9696

Sorry for nitpicking here, but this gets confused - willingly or unwillingly - all the time: a lockdown is a lockdown, i.e. everything shut down. There is no "everything shut down less" or "everything shut down more". It's an absolute. And there have been very few European countries enacting actual lockdowns. But there were tons of restrictions, severe and not so severe. And we're gonna see more of these, to prevent the necessity of an actual lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

The average age of those who have died from coronavirus in England and Wales since the start of the pandemic is 82.4 years old.

Using data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), researchers at the University of Oxford found that the median age of a Covid-19 fatality was slightly higher than the median age of those who died of other causes over the same period, which was 81.5.
    Having had all grandparents die already starting to pay off

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post

Having had all grandparents die already starting to pay off
    Only one left, she got COVID Early in a NY Nursing Home, and survived despite having only one lung. The old Irish as as hard to kill as Roaches (said with pride).

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

right i mean even if it just killed old people (far more effciently than the flu) then it would already be a bad thing

but it doesn't stop there. it kills people of all ages, at a far higher rate than the flu, and about 1 in 10 people infected report long term health issues - so far ranging from severe lung, heart and in some cases brain damage.

so yes, it's quite a lot more than 'it might kill your nan'

PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Only one left, she got COVID Early in a NY Nursing Home, and survived despite having only one lung. The old Irish as as hard to kill as Roaches (said with pride).
    Glad to hear she pulled through, I remember your post when she first got it, you weren't confident to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

right i mean even if it just killed old people (far more effciently than the flu) then it would already be a bad thing

but it doesn't stop there. it kills people of all ages, at a far higher rate than the flu, and about 1 in 10 people infected report long term health issues - so far ranging from severe lung, heart and in some cases brain damage.

so yes, it's quite a lot more than 'it might kill your nan'
    He can't understand you he already has brain damage.

Nah, he's super smart! You see, what he says implies that he is willing to let a couple of thousand nans die from CoVid, which he has also noticed himself. He has also noticed that some people might find that morally fairly questionable. Hence he has also written "Inb4" into his post. "Inb4" means that people are not allowed to use his amoral statement against him, because that is just how it works and stuff. Master class!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    1918:

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Wish for covid to be gone soon.. so my employer can stop forcing us to wear masks at work in a country where masks are voluntary.
    Makes me want to quit my work but then i realize i hate filling the unemployment paperwork and i calm down my inner karen

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Wish for covid to be gone soon.. so my employer can stop forcing us to wear masks at work in a country where masks are voluntary.
    Makes me want to quit my work but then i realize i hate filling the unemployment paperwork and i calm down my inner karen
    As someone who's quarantined right now because people can't follow simple rules ... I have no sympathy for you.
    nevar forget

Swedebrain

Off to deep trumpland with you

Aww another retard has surfaced.

You can breathe and work just fine in a mask.

Stop being a little bitch about it.

Let me guess, you were one of the idiots at Stureplan this weekend...

World Health Organization CONDEMS lockdowns! How many deaths are acceptable to protect the economy?

The World Health Organisation has backflipped on its original COVID-19 stance after calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies.
    Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.
    He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.
    “Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said.