hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 275 of 301 FirstFirst ... 175225265272273274275276277278285 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 6008

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

courtesy btw Joe, yours mean's like a bow or something
    Curtsy/curtsey, actually.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN27W1J2

ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy in September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that it might have spread beyond China earlier than thought.

The World Health Organization has said the new coronavirus and COVID-19, the respiratory disease it causes, were unknown before the outbreak was reported in Wuhan, central China, late last year. But it has said “the possibility that the virus may have silently circulated elsewhere cannot be ruled out.”

The WHO said on Monday it was reviewing the results from Italy and additional information published there at the weekend and was seeking clarification.

Italy’s first COVID-19 patient was detected on Feb. 21 in a small town near Milan, in the northern region of Lombardy.

The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

A further SARS-CoV-2 antibodies test was carried out by the University of Siena for the same research titled “Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the pre-pandemic period in Italy”.

It showed that four cases dating back to the first week of October were positive for antibodies, meaning they had got infected in September, Giovanni Apolone, a co-author of the study, told Reuters.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Given the links between Wuhan and Milan due to the textile, clothing and fashion industries it isn't a surprise that the virus jumped between the two so quickly.

It's another reason why the WHO should conduct a (hopefully) thorough investigation into the genesis and spread of COVID-19 so future SARS-type outbreaks can be identified and dealt with early.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Different vaccines from more than one company is good, isn't it? I mean at least from a production capacity point of view.

Germany expects about one year to have more or less everyone vaccinated.

Tapapapatalk
    Although many of the different vaccines share precursor materials. All the different vaccines can't all be produced at maximum capacity at the same time.

It's still good news, but production and deployment will still be very hard.

This is an official video by the German government.

There are two more versions, one with a young couple and one with a gamer. I could only find an English subbed version of the first video.

Furthermore:

Denying Corona saves jobs.

Vienna's municipal undertakers.
    Curtesy of the Viennese municipal undertaker museum store.
    i totally love this
    I also like it, but the German Twittersphere is all up in arms about those clips. And not the usual delusional suspects, but the (usually) sane part. Go figure...

That's an impressive animation.

Visualizes the infection spreading, starting March, 31st to a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I also like it, but the German Twittersphere is all up in arms about those clips. And not the usual delusional suspects, but the (usually) sane part. Go figure...
    Why, because the government is pandering to couch potatoes etc?
    nevar forget

this thing is the worst thing i have seen in my life but i kinds feel like there is an increasing rate in disasters as we move forward in time ! i think there will be a point where we will have many disasters at the same time ! and finally man kind will all be dead and extinct
    yes is the new no

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_battery View Post
    this thing is the worst thing i have seen in my life but i kinds feel like there is an increasing rate in disasters as we move forward in time ! i think there will be a point where we will have many disasters at the same time ! and finally man kind will all be dead and extinct
    Yes and also no
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Blimey we found someone who can make jack seem cheerful and upbeat

We are all old and cranky. Admit it

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Blimey we found someone who can make jack seem cheerful and upbeat
    He'll never match me, I'll show you!

Wait is that too optimistic?

In a way, yes. For a bunch of other reasons also, I do not remember all, but included were:
    - Portrays students as a bunch of lazy dudes, doing nothing, when in reality they suffer quite a lot due to learning conditions
    - Too much pathos / Hollywood /war rhetoric
    - The style of the spot doesn't appeal to the targeted group (needs more flare lens and 'splosions, I guess. Oh - and shaky camera)

Yes, you can make a point for each of them (and the ones I forgot). But the fact that the German administration manages to produce these decent clips, seems to be lost to the audience. To me it seems that first non-existent and then absolute disaster of a social media response in regards to Rezo's "Zerstörung der CDU" vid is long forgotten by the exact same crowd that now criticizes these video spots as basically too good/professional.

In a way, yes. For a bunch of other reasons also, I do not remember all, but included were:
    - Portrays students as a bunch of lazy dudes, doing nothing, when in reality they suffer quite a lot due to learning conditions
    - Too much pathos / Hollywood /war rhetoric
    - The style of the spot doesn't appeal to the targeted group (needs more flare lens and 'splosions, I guess. Oh - and shaky camera)

Yes, you can make a point for each of them (and the ones I forgot). But the fact that the German administration manages to produce these decent clips, seems to be lost to the audience. To me it seems that first non-existent and then absolute disaster of a social media response in regards to Rezo's "Zerstörung der CDU" vid is long forgotten by the exact same crowd that now criticizes these video spots as basically too good/professional.
    Oh dear. Those are the same people that are upset that Berlin's police has a twitter account that at times displays the city's rather well known strain of humor. Or are upset that Berlin's public transport twitter&instagram feeds make fun of them always being late. And so on.

Yeah, I wouldn't care about that. Our government finally managed to hire a decent ad agency. The times of German no-nonsense attitude towards everything is over tbh.

Note for our non-German friends: we're still no-nonsense type people. Vouchers for jokes are just easier to get now and we just have to go inside to laugh instead of going to the basement.
    nevar forget

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    germanic people and basements

just writes itself really

As always: that was the Austrians!

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Tapapapatalk
    So was Hitler and youre still hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Oh snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Tapapapatalk
    I believe that was ze joke.

Tapapapatalk
    As much as it plagues me, by the time he went full batshit-crazy-destroyer-of-worlds, he sadly was a German already (Austrian 'til 1925, stateless*) 1925-32, naturalized in 1932)

*) is that the right term for "staatenlos" = had no citizenship in any country?